My biggest gripe with Bryston...

srb

Re: My biggest gripe with Bryston...
« Reply #20 on: 4 Aug 2015, 05:25 am »
I'm sorry, but a $300 remote shouldn't be designed like a pocket calculator. ..... This remote is like an afterthought in comparison to the high standard of everything else Bryston makes.
Just shy of $400 ($375)

doveman

« Reply #21 on: 4 Aug 2015, 08:01 am »
I actually like the Bryston philosophy regarding the remote. I think with higher end products you definitely don't want to be fondling a tiny cheap plastic remote, you want a solid metal unit that matches the quality of the main gear especially when it is the remote that your hand comes into contact with. Nothing worse than spending $1000's and having a cheap remote.

I also like the one fits all universal approach, in the past I've had 3 or 4 items from a single manufacturer, say: Amp, DAC, CD, etc and they all have there own discrete remotes so you have a whole bunch of cheap plastic remotes taking up the couch.

If you have multiple products from Bryston it makes sense. For example I currently have BDA-2 and BDP-1, now for the BDP-1 using my iPhone or computer makes a lot more sense and there isn't that much sense in a remote exclusively for the BDA-2, sometimes I'm lazy and wish I could change inputs without standing up but that is just lazy. But I would like to add a Bryston preamp soon, and now things are starting to make sense, I can buy a single high quality remote that controls all of the above.

The only reason why I don't yet have a BR2, is the fact that in Australia they cost the equivalent of around US$650. And that is a lot for a remote, considering they cost less than half in the US.

Phil A

« Reply #22 on: 4 Aug 2015, 01:11 pm »
Personally, I am not a big fan of expensive remotes driving the price of components up.  I buy a component for the sound quality.  Except for volume in one secondary system (and an old receiver driving the computer speakers too), I can't remember the last time I even used a factory remote.  Years back when I owned the BCD-1, I hadn't used the remote (in a year) and had to send James an email to help figure out (it was stuck) how to get the back off to change the battery.  I do have to admit though that there is something really nice about the feel of a quality metal remote.

Xinon

« Reply #23 on: 4 Aug 2015, 06:59 pm »
My Bp26 came with the Remote 2 when I purchased it 1,5 years ago.
Did you sell it with the remote as an option?

racerxnet

« Reply #24 on: 4 Aug 2015, 07:17 pm »
James,

Can Bryston send me a new remote membrane for my BP-25 remote. I have the older style aluminum case which measures 2.5 x 4.375 inches.

Thanks,

Mak

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #25 on: 4 Aug 2015, 07:21 pm »
James,

Can Bryston send me a new remote membrane for my BP-25 remote. I have the older style aluminum case which measures 2.5 x 4.375 inches.

Thanks,

Mak

Thanks a Mike question - mpickett@bryston.com

PS
He is on holidays till next week.

twitch54

« Reply #26 on: 4 Aug 2015, 08:43 pm »

Hich, I like your Rouge's ………..M-180's ?

gene9p

« Reply #27 on: 4 Aug 2015, 10:23 pm »
This will solve your gripe. Simple, elegant, aluminum and will come in handy in the near future in more ways than you can think of at the moment.

http://www.amazon.com/Ettore-49036-Grip-n-Grab/dp/B001B13PC2/
I got suspended in High School for bringing one to the girl's gym class!

amblin

• 'On the cutting edge of cocking about.'
« Reply #28 on: 8 Aug 2015, 06:26 pm »
Hmmm.. My bp26 came with a BR2 remote in the box...   :scratch:

Very chunky piece of aluminum , can't say it's the best looking but sure it's very well made, milled from a solid block and the motion sensitive back light is a very nice touch. Battery life is impressive too :green:

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #29 on: 8 Aug 2015, 08:54 pm »
 I love the solid feel of this remote, it suits the Bryston image of steadfast quality. I regard it as more of a control panel . :thumb:

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #30 on: 9 Aug 2015, 12:30 am »
I might be a bit bias, but I like the br2 remote, I no longer worry that my remote will break if I run it over with my car when I leave for work and when I get home I use it to open my beer.

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #31 on: 9 Aug 2015, 01:58 am »
I might be a bit bias, but I like the br2 remote, I no longer worry that my remote will break if I run it over with my car when I leave for work and when I get home I use it to open my beer.
  Well there you go, what more can you expect from a fantastic remote....also makes a great paper weight....love  it and wouldn't want anything less. :thumb:

Tympani

« Reply #32 on: 9 Aug 2015, 03:03 pm »
Geez, I don't even have one and now I want it. Shameless self-promotion, Bryston!  :lol:

Wim J

« Reply #33 on: 12 Aug 2015, 12:39 pm »
Hmmm.. My bp26 came with a BR2 remote in the box...   :scratch:

Very chunky piece of aluminum , can't say it's the best looking but sure it's very well made, milled from a solid block and the motion sensitive back light is a very nice touch. Battery life is impressive too :green:
Same here, my BP26 came with the 5 button remote, and my  BCD-1 came with the BR2 remote. So I have both, and I like the build-quality. Ergonomics,... well, I got over it :-)

rmurray

« Reply #34 on: 12 Aug 2015, 06:46 pm »
Same here, my BP26 came with the 5 button remote, and my  BCD-1 came with the BR2 remote. So I have both, and I like the build-quality. Ergonomics,... well, I got over it :-)
   I have both as well. The 5 button job never needed a battery change for the first 8 years of daily use... Both are real tools. :thumb:

Marius

« Reply #35 on: 12 Aug 2015, 07:26 pm »
   I have both as well. The 5 button job never needed a battery change for the first 8 years of daily use... Both are real tools. :thumb:

Hi!
Which 5 button remote is that? I've the BR2 here and a 4 button tool:

Cheers
Marius
« Last Edit: 13 Aug 2015, 09:20 am by Marius »

rmurray

« Reply #36 on: 12 Aug 2015, 09:58 pm »
Hi!
Which 5 button remote is that? I've the BR2 here and a 4 button tool:

Sorry, my bad. It's a 4 button I meant. I never have see the 5 :scratch: :(

Cheers
Marius

Wim J

« Reply #37 on: 13 Aug 2015, 09:03 pm »

Gibalok

• Metrum Pavane/Manley Shrimp/4BSST2/Penaudio Cenya
« Reply #38 on: 23 Aug 2015, 04:58 pm »
Gents,
I have BP26/MPS2/4BSST2 and my diller promised to gift me a BR2 for free. But he didnt keep his words, so now he is selling me this big remote for 500$.

So can i buy anywhere online this simple 4 bullet remote which will work with BP26? Or Big BR2 for 500$ is the only option for me?

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #39 on: 24 Aug 2015, 03:05 am »
Gents,
I have BP26/MPS2/4BSST2 and my diller promised to gift me a BR2 for free. But he didnt keep his words, so now he is selling me this big remote for 500$.

So can i buy anywhere online this simple 4 bullet remote which will work with BP26? Or Big BR2 for 500$ is the only option for me?

we only make the BR-2 and SP-3 remote, i believe they are $375, not $500