Measuring tube connector differences

AVObsession

Measuring tube connector differences
« on: 14 Dec 2019, 05:36 am »
I’ve seen all the test vids linked around. I’d love to do a real blind test with them on a spare set of speakers but also take measurements, if any difference is detected. I haven’t seen anything concrete described as what they do for the signal other than immeasurable like ‘maybe the vocals are a little higher’.  What should I be measuring to see anything?

Danny Richie

Re: Measuring tube connector differences
« Reply #1 on: 15 Dec 2019, 12:36 am »
I’ve seen all the test vids linked around. I’d love to do a real blind test with them on a spare set of speakers but also take measurements, if any difference is detected. I haven’t seen anything concrete described as what they do for the signal other than immeasurable like ‘maybe the vocals are a little higher’.  What should I be measuring to see anything?

What they do is get what is typically a lot of insertion losses out of the signal path. So differences in clarity and detail levels can be noticed across the board and not just in a narrow area.

There have been lots of A/B test made and the results are pretty much the same every time.

Ron and New Record Day filmed some A/B comparisons that you can still see on Youtube.

And the higher end your system is the greater the differences that you are likely to notice.

As far as measuring goes you are not likely to get anywhere there. Measurements are not going to to tell you anything. What would you even think to measure after the resistance?

One is and internal wire and external wire almost touching each other and inside a low mass Copper tube.

The other has an external wire with a banana plug on it or a spade that separates the actual wire form the connection, connected to a large Brass or Copper bolt with a bunch of washers and nuts on the end, that is sandwiching a metal ring that is a loop with a terminal on it that the internal wire is connected to. Augh, Just listen to them.