NOH for sale...

andrew

NOH for sale...
« on: 6 Jun 2005, 08:03 pm »
Folks,

I'm thinking of selling my NOH. Not because I don't like it - I love it. The reason I'm selling is both aesthetic and practical. Having found a case manufacturer in the UK that will provide resonable cases, I have decided to try and rebuild my breadboards and hotch potch of units into some domestic friendly cases that are also physically smaller and will stack. The aim is to get all my gear onto racks rather than all over the floor.

Now, I could strip my NOH bare and build it into the new case, but it would be s shame not to offer the completed unit to someone else first, especially since John says it wil be Fall before he gets a new design out of the blocks, hence its potentially up for sale.

So, here's the deal, the NOH is a RCA 4 in, 2 RCA out, plus 1 pair RCA on a switch-able tape out, all using Vampire jacks, Shallco switches and the mk3 copper TXs (now nicely run in), switch-able + 6db option wired in and is in mint condition. John sold these for between $1350 - $1400 new.

I need to fund the rebuild, so have a minimum price in mind required to buy replacement parts from John to build my new preamp. Alternatively, if you feel like building your own unique NOH, I will strip the NOH down to John's excellent custom chassis and sell the case and knobs etc for $200 plus post, packing and charges. John is a great guy and stocks all the bits to build yourself a NOH using my case or even add the remote option etc.

Make me an offer, buyers pays shipping and all charges etc from the UK.

cheers,

Hantra

NOH for sale...
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jun 2005, 09:49 pm »
Is it remote?

andrew

NOH for sale...
« Reply #2 on: 8 Jun 2005, 08:38 am »
Hantra,

No, sorry, no remote volume. I had no need for one.

However, I know John stocks all the parts to add the remote volume option and my volume control has the LED already installed. John's a great guy so I'm sure we could come to some arrangement between us to get a remote installed. If you're interested we should check with John for an accurate quote for the volume level remote. I think he has prices on the web site. Not sure if he does a remote for the inputs though. If you are handy with a soldering iron then you could always add the volume remote yourself. I don't think it's too hard to do.

cheers,

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
NOH for sale...
« Reply #3 on: 8 Jun 2005, 08:50 am »
The Bent NOH I own (zybar/George's former unit) is a volume only remote. Works well. I don't believe there's a remote for the inputs...but you can always check it out. :)
    Remote or no remote....a very nice preamp !!! :rock: [/list:u]

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
NOH for sale...
« Reply #4 on: 8 Jun 2005, 03:08 pm »
Hello!

You don't need to do any soldering to fit the remote to the NOH. There is a bit of wiring to terminal strips, etc. Call and we can discuss it if you wanted to fit remote to it.

The latter NOH's had remote source select as well. I kept on getting requests for this so I finally went ahead and did it. Not nearly the advantage of remote volume I don't think since I usually have to get up and change from a record to a cd, etc....

Thansk!

Hantra

NOH for sale...
« Reply #5 on: 8 Jun 2005, 05:19 pm »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
The Bent NOH I own (zybar/George's former unit) is a volume only remote. Works well. I don't believe there's a remote for the inputs...but you can always check it out. :)

You're not selling though, are you?  I thought you just accumulated gear.   :wink:

sonu shamdasani

NOH for sale...
« Reply #6 on: 9 Jun 2005, 02:09 pm »
Does it have balanced inputs and outputs, and if not, can these be added without too much difficulty?

Sonu Shamdasani

Gordy

NOH for sale...
« Reply #7 on: 9 Jun 2005, 04:09 pm »
Quote from: Hantra
Quote from: lonewolfny42

You're not selling though, are you?  I thought you just accumulated gear.   :wink:

Hmmph, well I never! The MOMA (Museum Of Modern Audio) does not merely accumulate!  It is an institution of higher learning  who's purpose it is to edgmacate da masses (like me :D ) and spread understanding and tranquility throughout the land (and Australia too!).  Accumulate, hmmph :lol:

riverdog

NOH for sale...
« Reply #8 on: 10 Jun 2005, 07:10 pm »
Hi Andrew

I have been longing to try a TVC based pre with my Williams Harts JLH monoblocks. Ideally I would like to hear it first. Are you in London by any chance? Also, any chance you might reveal how much you are looking for?

Regards
Shamsur

you an email me: sukalite at aol dot com

andrew

NOH for sale...
« Reply #9 on: 10 Jun 2005, 08:00 pm »
Hi Shamsur.

You have a PM.

StephanLJ

Still on sale or off the market
« Reply #10 on: 18 Sep 2005, 06:32 pm »
Hi

Is your NOH still for offer or is it sold. Was it a DIY or was it assembled by Bent Audio?

Greetings Stephan

andrew

NOH for sale...
« Reply #11 on: 19 Sep 2005, 10:54 am »
Sorry Sold.