Modwright "Truth" Oppo 105 review in The Absolute Sound

rbbert

The Dec TAS has a rave review of the Modwright Oppo 105, and the review sample didn't even have the Bybee or Audio Magic options, and only upgraded to Sophia 6SN7's.

Ern Dog

Re: Modwright "Truth" Oppo 105 review in The Absolute Sound
« Reply #1 on: 4 Nov 2014, 01:23 am »
It's about time they reviewed one of Dan's Oppos. 

rbbert

« Reply #2 on: 4 Nov 2014, 01:49 am »
Although I'm sure a good review is always appreciated, to my mind TAS has no credibility remaining.

Ern Dog

« Reply #3 on: 4 Nov 2014, 03:43 am »
Why are you promoting it if you feel they don't have credibility?

rbbert

« Reply #4 on: 4 Nov 2014, 04:44 am »
Mentioning in the Modwright circle, not promoting...

mraudio

« Reply #5 on: 5 Nov 2014, 07:08 pm »
"Although I'm sure a good review is always appreciated, to my mind TAS has no credibility remaining."

Although you are entitled to your opinion, you're completely wrong.  That's my opinion.

ajayrav

« Reply #6 on: 5 Nov 2014, 08:11 pm »
Actually the review is up on the TAS web page.  The review mirrors my views listening to the unmodded BDP-105 and the modded one with Sophia Electric tubes.  Interesting that Jason Liao (chief technology officer of Oppo) did the measurements, and is very complimentary of the mods.... Not usually the case from a manufacturer....

Cheers,
Ajay

rbbert

« Reply #7 on: 5 Nov 2014, 09:56 pm »
"Although I'm sure a good review is always appreciated, to my mind TAS has no credibility remaining."

Although you are entitled to your opinion, you're completely wrong.  That's my opinion.

Each person should form his own opinions on this and other things.  Obviously I like my Modwright 105, and it's nice to see a good review, as I said.  Nevertheless, TAS has a very poor track record lately, and I can easily back that up if you want to open a new topic, or by PM, or not.