Mary

• Industry Participant
  • AVA Associate
Rare Fall Sale!
« on: 12 Oct 2016, 05:15 pm »

rlee8394

Re: Rare Fall Sale!
« Reply #1 on: 13 Oct 2016, 08:56 pm »
Damn!!! And I just received my FV400R 29 days before this announcement! :slap: I still got a very good deal though. I may have to spring for a new T10 RB preamp during this sale!!!!  :hyper:

Ron

richter250

« Reply #2 on: 14 Oct 2016, 02:36 pm »
Anyone know how long this sale lasts?

avahifi

« Reply #3 on: 15 Oct 2016, 07:20 pm »
Our very rare 15% off sale is on until the end of November.  It's valid for new or used AVA built components, but not on accesories or parts.

Frank
« Last Edit: 27 Oct 2016, 06:01 pm by avahifi »

avahifi

« Reply #4 on: 4 Nov 2016, 07:05 pm »
We have two brand new Fet Valve 600R amplifiers available, a very unusual happening here.

One is a standard 600R with the black faceplate, normal price $3199, 15% off sale price now $2719.15

The other is a new 600R with black faceplate and switchable RCA and balanced line inputs with XLR jacks.  Normal price $3499, 15% off sale price now $2974.15.

This is your best opportunity ever to acquire an amazing 300 watt per channel AVA hybrid power amplifier at a significantly reduced price and get it right now, no waiting for us to build it.

Have us build you a matching preamplifier and save 20% on both the amp and the preamp!

Regards,

Frank Van Alstine

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #5 on: 4 Nov 2016, 07:22 pm »
 :drool:

youn0118

« Reply #6 on: 9 Nov 2016, 10:34 pm »
@rlee8394

How are you liking the 400R?

I'm curious what your driving and how would you say the 400R compares to other amps you may have used.

Thanks

Hydro

« Reply #7 on: 10 Nov 2016, 04:06 am »
I am not@rlee8394 but  I have both 400R and a 600R. I have two main systems, each of them power Salk SS-10's. One is in my recording studio/man cave and the other is my main home system. The studio is my fully tweeked, ultimate system. I tried both of them there and prefer the 400R with Gold Lion cryo tubes. The 600R has more power but doesn't quite have the detail of the 400R. My home stereo is in a much larger room that is more reflective, the extra power helps there and you don't notice the slight loss of detail. I have compared these two amps with Hypex, Crown, Denon PSA 2200 and the Ultimate 70. The R amps do everything better except the Ultimate 70 has a slight edge in vocals on some recordings. I have the Hypex to drive electrostats which are being custom made. I don't think you can go wrong with the 400R unless you have 80db efficient speakers and a huge room. By the way Telefunken 801's make these amps sound luscious/expensive but not as real as the Gold Lion's.

rlee8394

« Reply #8 on: 17 Nov 2016, 03:56 am »
Sorry I haven't replied back sooner. The FV400R of course has gobs of power for my four ohm speakers. I'm using custom Salk Song Towers. If you go to the Salksound site and go to Custom Speaker Projects, mine are on the right. It also has plenty of gain, doesn't take much signal to drive it. The bass is rock solid and well defined. Great mids and highs. You can hear the distinctive instruments effortlessly. No smear or blend at all. I'm gonna give it a few more days before I switch back in my AVA U70 for further comparison.
Stay tuned.

Ron

avahifi

Re: Rare Fall Sale ENDS NOVEMBER 30TH!
« Reply #9 on: 22 Nov 2016, 07:23 pm »
Our very rare 15% off sale ends November 30th so get your order in very soon.

Note that the sale applies to all new and used AVA equipment.

Note that you even save more (20%) if you purchase two or more AVA units at the same time.

Finally note that because we custom build your equipment to order, we do not charge your credit card until we are ready to ship.  We never take your money up front.

Have a great Thanksgiving all.  I will be available most of the holiday weekend to pick up the phone here, answer your questions, and take orders.

Frank Van Alstine