Mac

Frimad

Mac
« on: 25 Jul 2014, 06:12 am »
I wish to control the BDP1 with my IPad. But nowhere I can find the Bryston MAX for download them. Can someone help me? Thanks, Friderik

Dave Jameson

Re: Mac
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jul 2014, 04:17 pm »
Hi Frimad,

I'll assume that your BDP1 is currently connected to your home's network. You'll need the IP address from the BDP1 front screen (scroll down until you see something like 10.1..etc or 192.168...etc).

Now open Safari on your iPad and enter that IP address into the search bar. Once you've successfully logged into your BDP1, you'll see a an icon just to the left of Safari's address/search bar. Press it and you'll see the option to "Add to Home Screen". Choose that option and an app will download to your iPad. Et viola!

If your home network were to crash or the router restart, the IP address might change and you'll have to redo the whole process. No biggy :)

Hope that helps!

BrysTony

« Reply #2 on: 25 Jul 2014, 08:39 pm »
Do you have the MPad ap on your iPad?   If not download it from the Ap store and go from there.  MPad is used on the iPad not Bryston MAX.

Tony

Dave Jameson

« Reply #3 on: 25 Jul 2014, 10:05 pm »
If you're running the new Manic Moose firmware on either a BDP1 or 2, you can easily store the BDP's web-browser as an app on your iPad. I was never a fan of either Max or Mini players but I quite like the new Bryston interface. Many might still prefer MPad. Either or. But the Bryston player is free to try and (almost) bug free. Oh and the new Bryston Radio (bradio) is better supported via the new web interface.

skunark

« Reply #4 on: 26 Jul 2014, 05:28 pm »
Just in case you didn't glean it from the previous posts

Bryston Max - Web interface to the BDP that you access through your browser.   Most likely it's http://bryston-bdp-1.local   or an IP address if you assigned one.
Bryston Mini - Another web interface designed for mobile devices
MPad - an IOS iPad app that also interfaces with the BDP  - Will need to be configured, if you have the latest beta version of the BDP firmware this should just appear to auto configure (mostly*)
MPod - an IOS iPod/iPhone app that interfaces with the BDP - Will need to be configured just like MPad.

The new beta firmware Web interface I believe is replacing Bryston Max/Mini, which is a good thing, but I still prefer to use the MPad as it's easier to navigate large libraries. (to me it's significantly quicker to use MPad/MPod)

Jim

*Mostly... If you want to use the album art from the BDP files themselves, there's a few more steps in the configuration and on the BDP.