wireless headphones for ps4 movies/gaming

EdRo

• Industry Participant
wireless headphones for ps4 movies/gaming
« on: 4 Dec 2014, 09:42 pm »
Ok guys...I think I'd like to try some wireless cans for gaming and movies with my ps4. The sounds of gunfire and grenades seem to bother the wife? Go figure! Not to mention that I seem to like movie volume about 1/3 higher than my wife does. Anyone have an idea? An integrated mic would be nice, too. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.

EdRo

• Industry Participant

Cacophonix

BobM

Re: wireless headphones for ps4 movies/gaming
« Reply #3 on: 8 Dec 2014, 09:04 pm »
I'm looking for something similar for my father in law, who is going deaf. the excessive volume on the TV is driving my mother in law crazy (but she deserves it - ha ha). So she wants us to get him a pair of wireless headphones to plug into the TV.

I've been recommended Sennheiser RS120's

weatherman1

« Reply #4 on: 9 Dec 2014, 06:24 am »
I have Sennheiser HDR-170's that can be switched on to attempt a simulated surround sound and also have a button for bass boost.  I use them primarily outdoors when reading or doing yard work.  They are a closed back design.  Work well out to about 300ft unless a metal garage door is between you and the transmitter.  Quite comfortable cans and you can add additional headphones to the unit so multiple listeners on one tower is possible.

EdRo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 9 Dec 2014, 02:37 pm »
NICE!!! The price is reasonable, too. They don't have a mic for in-game chat though.