A little gathering on 5/12

mgalusha

A little gathering on 5/12
« on: 7 May 2012, 07:52 pm »
As I've received a *lot* of PM's and emails about the NCore amps I figured perhaps a little get together was in order. I don't have a ton of room, so shoot me a PM if you're interested in coming out. Of course if you've never been over before then whatever differences the amps might be causing will be unknown. :)

Say about noon to get started. I have room for perhaps 8 in my listening room if you don't mind being cozy. If you want to bring music please do so via a USB drive or LP. I've no CD/DVD spinners in the system.

I'm located between Parker and Elizabeth; basically in the sticks.

mike

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: A little gathering on 5/12
« Reply #1 on: 8 May 2012, 01:10 am »
Wish I were closer....hopefully in October I will be.   :wink:

mgalusha

« Reply #2 on: 8 May 2012, 01:12 am »
Wish I were closer....hopefully in October I will be.   :wink:

Yep. I hope to have a little party the night before RMAF, you are of course invited.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 8 May 2012, 01:14 am »
Yep. I hope to have a little party the night before RMAF, you are of course invited.
:notworthy: :dance:

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #4 on: 8 May 2012, 02:21 am »
Just an FYI - I've offered to make handmade (from scratch) cocktails for any in attendance.  I make only 2 drinks, but I make them superlatively - classic Margaritas, and Rye based Manhattans. 

Mike B.

« Reply #5 on: 9 May 2012, 04:40 pm »
Hi Mike, have you had a chance to compare the ncore to the OEM module they sell to companies?

mgalusha

« Reply #6 on: 9 May 2012, 04:52 pm »
Hi Mike, have you had a chance to compare the ncore to the OEM module they sell to companies?

No and unless someone local has a pair it's unlikely but never say never. Given what Bruno has said, the DIY modules have a very slight edge in measured performance, I don't know that it will be audible. The difference in power is only 3dB, so for my needs that is irrelevant. :)

mike