Super 3 Desktop Review from Digital Trends

Louis O

Super 3 Desktop Review from Digital Trends
« on: 2 Jun 2013, 09:48 pm »
Hi All,

Just saw the new review of the Super 3 Desktop speakers on Digital Trends.

Ian did as great job with the review and very happy with the results. They are one the fastest dynamic speakers out there.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/pc-speaker-reviews/omega-speaker-systems-super-3t-review/

As always they are a great value too.

Many thanks to Ian from Digital Trends.

Louis

Louis O

Re: Super 3 Desktop Review from Digital Trends
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jun 2013, 09:49 pm »
The pictures are fantastic too. I wish I was that good with the camera.

Thanks,
Louis

beowulf

« Reply #2 on: 2 Jun 2013, 10:42 pm »
Hi All,

Just saw the new review of the Super 3 Desktop speakers on Digital Trends. <snip>

More like "glowing review"! :green: Those are real beauties in that veneer as well!

Interestingly enough, I was just on your website looking at the Super 3T Desktop and came over the forums to read up on them ... Hmm, maybe someone's trying to tell me something  :lol:

ANyways, congrats Louis, great review!

Louis O

« Reply #3 on: 3 Jun 2013, 04:46 am »
Hi beowulf,

Thanks and what great timing. Sounds that way for sure. I was actually on the fence about sending them in that veneer, but it came out much better than I thought. It looks like they have a pro photographer taking them.

Many thanks and very happy with the review.
Louis

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #4 on: 3 Jun 2013, 03:59 pm »
Congrats on the review!  :thumb:

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 3 Jun 2013, 04:47 pm »
It would be nice if the reviewer would show them on their tilt back spikes, because having a bottom port, that is the only way they can work properly.  If he is playing them as he pictured them, the bass might be quite lean.  I have first hand experience with these speakers and they have a lovely bass.  The downfiring port couples with the desktop (as they were designed to do) to produce a very satisfying bottom end.

beowulf

« Reply #6 on: 3 Jun 2013, 05:43 pm »
I have first hand experience with these speakers and they have a lovely bass. 

Are those the ones pictured here on the stands by chance?  If not, which ones are on the stands (the 2.1 setup) and what type of stands are those?

Also, if I may ask ... in your experience would you choose a 2.1 setup over the floor standers?  I don't think I could swing floor standers plus a sub, but possibly the standmounts or desktops plus a sub would work for me.

Thanks!

Louis O

« Reply #7 on: 3 Jun 2013, 06:00 pm »
Hi Canada Rob,

Many thanks for your post and the picture of the desktops.

The reviewer did set them up properly with the spikes and on the desktop.

The pictures in the review are great and I wish I could be that good with the camera. 
Although we don't see one with the spikes set up.

Thanks,
Louis

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 4 Jun 2013, 11:20 pm »
beowolf,
None of the speakers in that picture are the Super 3T Desktop.  The speakers on the stands in the 2.1 system are the Super 5 Monitors which are currently not in production (too bad, because they were, along with the Deep Hemp sub, my reference for 2 years running).  The stands were designed and built by me especially for the Super 5 Monitor.

There are however, rumblings from Louis that the Super 5 Monitor, and the Super 3i Monitor (the speakers closer in the picture) will be back using the the new RS5 driver, and they will be virtually identical, but upgraded.  Louis says the improvement in sound over the old HempCone is amazing.  Keep checking the Omega website for these to show up.  The sub to put with either of these speakers is a no brainer - the Hoyt-Bedford Type 3.  You would have an absolutely lovely system.