Welcome and coverage: please read before you first post

Delacroix

PLEASE READ THIS before you post.

This circle is for all owners, enthusiasts and those curious to learn more and discuss experiences with the loudspeaker designs of Albert Von Schweikert. Please feel free to initiate new topics to discuss any issues relevant to this theme, from tweaks to new designs , partnering equipment to purchasing experiences.

As most of you will know, there are basic rules for civil discourse we follow on AC and you are encouraged to read the site FAQ if you are new to the forum http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=about

New members' first few posts need to be approved before they appear -- please use that first post to introduce yourself and tell us all why you are here. This enables others to offer the best inputs for you and helps keep the general discourse civil.  Enjoy the community.

Welcome aboard! Now start some new topics!!!

Delacroix

« Last Edit: 7 Jan 2018, 07:20 pm by Delacroix »

mfsoa

Re: Welcome and coverage
« Reply #1 on: 13 Sep 2008, 02:46 pm »
 :thumb:

Thanks to those who made this happen!

-Mike

WGH

« Reply #2 on: 13 Sep 2008, 04:11 pm »
Great job Delacroix! I noticed quite a few people have become members of Audio Circle to discuss VS speakers.
A new community has been created and I am looking forward to the discussions.

Wayne

Mr_dingo

« Reply #3 on: 13 Sep 2008, 05:00 pm »
Hello.

Thank you for your reply JackD201. :D
In Sweden in school we all have to learn flute, I am trying to learn Acoustic Guitar.

Anyway my Room measure +-2-4db from 20Hz to 20Khz (I have a heavy tweaked room lots of Bass traps, and a acoustic roof) except 80-85Hz that has a boost, and also a boost around 500Hz.
The front wall is diffusion panel for 1000Hz-18000Hz

For those who like room acoustic this is what I use. http://www.diffusor.com/

No nulls, but I think that it strange that it measure good but does not sound that much bass, I am not done yet, much can happen. I will replace my source to a Audio Research DAC7.
I find the Musical Fidelity way to polite!

One questions.

1 the upgrade to Vr5 Anniversary from HSE was that possible?
hope somebody has som report on that. Wonder what the cost is?

We do not have any VSA Dealer in Sweden any more, we use to, but no more :(.
I get the feeling that they are in the dark, hope they regroup and come back big time  :D

Best Regards to you all!

Fredrik

DARTH AUDIO

« Reply #4 on: 13 Sep 2008, 05:18 pm »

Nice Job!! I've owned the VR-4jr's since they were introduced. Looking to upgrade to the VR-4jr Anniversary model. This circle will help me to stay current with VSA news & info.

vgregory

« Reply #5 on: 13 Sep 2008, 07:06 pm »
Hello.

Thank you for your reply JackD201. :D
In Sweden in school we all have to learn flute, I am trying to learn Acoustic Guitar.

Anyway my Room measure +-2-4db from 20Hz to 20Khz (I have a heavy tweaked room lots of Bass traps, and a acoustic roof) except 80-85Hz that has a boost, and also a boost around 500Hz.
The front wall is diffusion panel for 1000Hz-18000Hz

For those who like room acoustic this is what I use. http://www.diffusor.com/

No nulls, but I think that it strange that it measure good but does not sound that much bass, I am not done yet, much can happen. I will replace my source to a Audio Research DAC7.
I find the Musical Fidelity way to polite!

One questions.

1 the upgrade to Vr5 Anniversary from HSE was that possible?
hope somebody has som report on that. Wonder what the cost is?

We do not have any VSA Dealer in Sweden any more, we use to, but no more :(.
I get the feeling that they are in the dark, hope they regroup and come back big time  :D

Best Regards to you all!

Fredrik

Hi Mr Dingo

Yes - VS has done an upgrade from the VR4 GEN III HSE to the VR5 Anniversary - it is about $6K. I know of one person that has done this and was quite pleased. I personally have not heard the VR 5 anniversary - since there is no dealers by me either.....all I know that Greg Weaver, positive feedback reviewer, is raving about it. I wish there was a comparsion/review on the upgrade - but on the other hand - Albert would have not done it if it was not possible that it would be the same sonic attrbiutes has the VR5 Anniversary.

keith

« Reply #6 on: 13 Sep 2008, 07:35 pm »
Delacroix,

Thank you again for spearheading this circle and congratulations to you and everyone who voted for making this happen.

To VSA lovers and owners,

As I mentioned before in a previous thread, Jack and I are first and foremost music lovers. We've always been open minded and have likewise promoted and encouraged homegrown talent. We've even been known to turn away potential customers to other dealers (most, if not all, of whom are friends) if we know that they have different sonic preferences that we don't or can't cater to.

We're looking forward to helping VSA owners with whatever knowledge we can contribute to help chase that "absolute sound."  And as important, we expect to learn from the contributed ideas that I'm sure will be brought forth by you in this circle.

Cheers. 

bentknee

« Reply #7 on: 14 Sep 2008, 12:38 am »
  I am a little computer challenged and could use some help to get my gallery started. I cannot figure out how to upload pictures. The instructions I have seen tell how to move pictures from the Gallery to our posts but not how to upload to the Gallery. I may not be the only one that has the computer challenged illness so I thought I would  post and see if our more computer healthy friends could help us out so that we could share our VonSchweikert systems also.

Blessings, Bob 

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #8 on: 14 Sep 2008, 01:59 am »
  I am a little computer challenged and could use some help to get my gallery started. I cannot figure out how to upload pictures. The instructions I have seen tell how to move pictures from the Gallery to our posts but not how to upload to the Gallery. I may not be the only one that has the computer challenged illness so I thought I would  post and see if our more computer healthy friends could help us out so that we could share our VonSchweikert systems also.

Blessings, Bob 

Bob,

It's explained here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=40968.0   :thumb:

Have fun,
Jerry

bentknee

« Reply #9 on: 14 Sep 2008, 03:08 am »
Jerry,
 Thank you for the reply. I got to the last step to preview or post the pictures and I couldn't do either.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #10 on: 14 Sep 2008, 03:13 am »
Jerry,
 Thank you for the reply. I got to the last step to preview or post the pictures and I couldn't do either.

Nice system Bob/bentknee.... :thumb:

bentknee

« Reply #11 on: 14 Sep 2008, 03:28 am »
  Thank you Lonewolf for posting my picture. I running the Vr4sr mk2's with an Art Audio electronics.

randybarba

« Reply #12 on: 15 Sep 2008, 03:05 pm »
  Thank you Lonewolf for posting my picture. I running the Vr4sr mk2's with an Art Audio electronics.

Very nice system you got there, bentknee. Congratulations  :)

nathanm

« Reply #13 on: 15 Sep 2008, 08:31 pm »
The desk chair doesn't look very comfortable, but I bet it's nice and warm!

Albert Von Schweikert

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #14 on: 16 Sep 2008, 06:46 am »
From Albert Von Schweikert:

Hello Fellow Audiophiles,
I am proud to joint the circle of audiophiles who own Von Schweikert speaker systems and will try to answer as many questions per day as my 10-14hr daily schedule permits.  As I am an incurable audiophile as well as a research scientist, I love to share ideas with my fellow music lovers.  I hope to share my knowledge of room tuning, equipment matching, trouble shooting, and general "tweaking" with you guys (and hopefully, some gals as well - my wife shares my passion for music).
I am very proud that you folks have devoted your time. energy and money to enjoy music in your homes.  When I grew up in Germany in the 1950's, music was everywhere - there were few diversions such as television or computers which seem to take up so much of our time these days. I hope that many of you also play musical instruments and/or go to live concerts.  I seem to derive a high degree of satisfaction every time I hear a rousing piece of music, whether it be Beethoven or the Beatles!  (My mother forced me to take piano and violin lessons which I hated when I was a kid, but I later discovered that playing in a rock band was a great way to meet girls!)

I own a recording studio using Digidesign ProTools recording equipment and play keyboards and guitar.  If you wish to find out more about my musical background, visit this website about rock bands from the 1960's:

http://www.teddwebb.com/garage_bands/the_ravens.html 
We backed Sonny and Cher on one tour, and Neil Diamond asked me to become his lead guitar player and song arranger.  Turning down Neil was the most difficult decision I have ever had to make, but I was in college and music was just a diversion for me at the time.  The following year, we backed Jimmy Page and his Yardbirds, who later formed Led Zeppelin.  Jimmy Page and I were "beat up" in Lakeland, Florida, when we got off our tour bus and were confronted by some country boys who thought our long hair was a perfect excuse for a fist fight.  When the cops arrived, they arrested Jimmy and I because we were the counter culture, and the cops were relatives of the rednecks who assaulted us!  Oh well, great memories....

As we all have discovered, assembling a stereo system that resembles 'live music" is impossible, but I have spent the last 32 years of my life conducting research into how to improve a small portion of this reproduction system.  I will be happy to answer technical engineering questions as well as "audiophile" questions regarding system matching and tuning.  For now, good night, as it is almost midnight and my workday is done.  Over the next few days I will continue to post interesting "tweaks" I have discovered over the years and we can start on an adventure together, to discover what works in our systems and what we need to do in order to improve our sound systems.
Happy Listening,
Albert Von Schweikert

Delacroix

« Reply #15 on: 16 Sep 2008, 12:52 pm »
From Albert Von Schweikert:

Hello Fellow Audiophiles,
I am proud to joint the circle of audiophiles who own Von Schweikert speaker systems and will try to answer as many questions per day as my 10-14hr daily schedule permits. 
Happy Listening,
Albert Von Schweikert

Hi Albert -- let me welcome you to the VSA AC -- we're delighted you are here! This space has been needed for some time, and as you can tell from the traffic to date, there are many of us out there who enjoy music and your speakers. Welcome!

JackD201

« Reply #16 on: 16 Sep 2008, 04:37 pm »
Welcome Albert! Your joining should save me some long distance charges :lol:

mfsoa

« Reply #17 on: 16 Sep 2008, 11:52 pm »
Albert,
Welcome to AC from a lowly VSA-lover!
I hope you'll be able to spend enough time here to really reap the benefits that can be had.

If I may take James Tanner and Bryston as an example (I'm not an owner, and this will be complementary so I don't mind putting this in the VSA Circle): This guy just gives the most outstanding service to the AC and wider audio community. If he doesn't know something, we get a "I'll check with the engineers" and we get a quick answer. If we were to look back at the Bryston threads, one can only be left with the opinion that here is a great company with impeccable customer service. As I said, I'm not a Bryston owner but hot damn would I consider them now, after seeing what service and user feedback they give/get on this site.

Call me naive, but it has greatly enhanced the image of the company in my eyes.

I don't know where you can get advertising like this - A repository of happy customer stories and attentive customer care extending over years - what a value for any company!

Sorry for the ramble, but I'm just trying to let you know the potential upside of being an active participant here.

(BTW, there are several mfgs here similar to James/Bryston - just picked them as a shining example)

-Mike

McTwins

« Reply #18 on: 12 Oct 2008, 02:58 pm »
Hi everybody

I am new to this forum and a proud owner of Vspeakers.
Have VR4GENIII since 2003 and have also a par of VR4SRMK1 since 2005.
Nice spakers both of them.

Finally a forum about Vspeakers and nice VSA is in it as well.

Just want to say Hi and will post some pictures of my system soon.

Thanks

msm_1

« Reply #19 on: 24 Oct 2008, 02:19 am »
Hi

I'm new to this forum and want to introduce myself. I have at the moment, 3 pairs of speakers, 2 of which, are VSA's.

I was lucky enough to find a pair of original VR-4 that my dealer had . At that time, I was looking at the VR-4 Gen 3's, and while the newer version sound superb, I just couldn't pass up the chance on these, being in the condition (and expensive at over $2500.00 cdn plus tax but still couldn't complain!!) and in that great cherry finish.

I just want to thank Mr. Von Schweikert for making truly, the best speaker line-up in today's high volume market and again to my dealer.

Thanks again

Mike
« Last Edit: 6 Jan 2009, 01:53 pm by msm_1 »