selah audio verita monitors are outstanding...can highly recommend

hcsunshine

I've written a couple reviews on these speakers already. well, I just got a new pre amp, the emotiva XSP-1 gen 2, and these speakers now sound so wonderful. the highs are crisp and clear, the midrange is excellent, and the bass is tight and precise. instead of hearing two speakers, it's like you're hearing one giant wall of sound. they are so good they actually seem to disappear, and instead of hearing a tweeter and a woofer, you're hearing violins and bass guitars. I can highly recommend these to any lover of audio. (these are the ones with the RAAL 70-20xr tweeter, and the 7 inch paper coned scan-speak woofer. also they are the rear ported version.) they are truly a pleasure to listen to. I cannot say enough good things about them. (any buyers please tow them in a little too, as this helps tremendously). yours truly, john
« Last Edit: 23 Jun 2014, 07:07 pm by hcsunshine »

maxboy00

I agree Selah speakers are tough to beat, well designed, great driver integration and well priced. Not to mention wonderful sound and years of enjoyment.
« Last Edit: 17 Jun 2014, 10:44 pm by maxboy00 »

jonbee

I'm not surprised. Whether it was my sadly departed Tempestas, or the "mini-Veritas" that I use in my office, my experience is that Rick offers the best values in truly high end designs, period. If you don't want to spend $10k or more for speakers Selah is the best option I've run across.
And they do display all changes to the system. Now that I have tweaked my office system I find I'm spending a lot of time in there, giving up only a little of the quality of my 3x the price main system. It is a joy to hear, and the speakers are the heart of that. My recent experience with the Event Opal studio monitors compared to the "mini-Veritas" was a revelation, and another of the many quality speakers the Selahs have outperformed.
With the extra bass response and the clearer midrange the Illuminator woofer brings, the Veritas can stand tall with the best standmounts at much higher prices.
« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2014, 01:23 am by jonbee »

mr_bill

Jonbee,
What did you replace the Tempestas with?

jonbee

Jonbee,
What did you replace the Tempestas with?
Daedalus DA-RMa v.2s, at about 3x the price.
« Last Edit: 12 Jul 2014, 07:39 pm by jonbee »