I.S.C.T. – ‘Primal Instinct’ Dual 8” Sub Enclosure in a (Sealed/Vented) config.

UpperCut

• UpperCut - Audio
Well, after a few month of plenty of Live & In-House Entertainment from very talented Musician mostly out of this area as well as visiting many more this workshop I now started building a bit again, yet not to much as it is quiet cold here so that I had not enough time at hand to run past projects as much as I would have liked concentrating more on these items at hand & what I had heard & learned over time from these Musicians and their very own expectations when it came to performing their gigs.

I have to say I was quiet amazed that I never before was vigilant enough to see an opening as such were good equipment like quality build loudspeaker enclosures could be used instead of all that cheap plastic in use everywhere. Some of my friends & followers saw when it came to quality sounds that there had to be better so a few of them used my units with up to three people in a couple of different venues, and the response was quiet astonishing not only for myself but also for themselves the Artists & of course the audience.

Anyway, this project which I address here is not quiet a new one, but an upgrade of one from way back!

For reference please view the first project:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=143706.0

Now I had the raw block already sitting here for month just larger in size to accommodate dual 10” speaker chassis instead of the original project which only could take a single 8” chassis. Like always in all my projects it will include quiet a bit more then can be seen AS IS presently in these first Images!

This enclosure will be the first approach in a SEALED/VENTED configuration with two DVC Peerless 8” bass drivers using both the normal stand up, but more intended the East/West lie down positioning for testing. Using it either way will enable it to attach/detach to its own tuned vented compartment which in this project acts as the base unit!

I actually wanted to leaf the SEALED/VENTED approach for the number five final version, but as yet I did not start it as it is quiet a large project and I was waiting simple for better weather in spring. So this one is just a unit which I was ask for by my Musicians friends which had heard the other units build before & which were looking for something more in sound & simple how they could use it as well.

rgs UpperCut

« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2017, 12:54 am by UpperCut »

UpperCut

• UpperCut - Audio
As mentioned before here now showing the cut out in the bottom plates for 8" & 10" Interactive units for final tuning of the VENTED compartment (not shown as yet) for an attended stand up, and the cut out in the side for a East/West lie down position (one of the two will be closed of course while the other is used) as well as the unit is all completed, drilled in its raw stage & has got the first heavy inside sealant coating as well.

rgs UpperCut

UpperCut

• UpperCut - Audio
Finally most of the parts needed have arrived from overseas to start up building again. Here the Image is showing the completed first layer dampening and preparation for the top unit to be covered with Felt.

rgs UpperCut

UpperCut

• UpperCut - Audio

The placement of the SEALED & VENTED compartments:

* Vertical both
    * VENTED Vertical - SEALED Horizontally, and the vented compartment is here only shown with two layered slices.

If you do look more closely you will see also the rubber months which keep both units apart and the MDF ring between the compartments!

rgs UpperCut

UpperCut

• UpperCut - Audio

Quiet a big job to cover the unit as well as any of the other parts of it! Loved using the Felt as I never worked with it on such scale so all around a great learning experience.

rgs UpperCut

UpperCut

• UpperCut - Audio
Well, this project has now the two Peerless chassis fitted and it is getting to the most interesting part of running it for the first time with a Bluetooth unit! I do love these BT units (2x35, 2x50 or 2x120 Watt) for a test run up making sure everything is working and secure before finishing & closing a project.

rgs UpperCut