Kitchen Faucet Brand Recommendation

Bizarroterl

Re: Kitchen Faucet Brand Recommendation
« Reply #20 on: 17 Oct 2016, 02:52 pm »
I had a bad faucet handle from Moen.  I also had a bad tub spout from Delta.  Both manufacturers replaced the bad part quickly and without hassle. 

The Delta tub spout looks nice and works well.  It is chromed plastic but the only way to know is to knock on it.  The several Moen faucets I have are all high quality. 

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #21 on: 17 Oct 2016, 03:08 pm »
Not a fan of Price-Fister.   :thumb down:

Delta, Moen  :thumb:

Philistine

« Reply #22 on: 17 Oct 2016, 04:27 pm »
I've remodeled 3 bathrooms this year and a kitchen last year.  For the kitchen I bought the top of the range Delta from Home Depot and it was just okay - finished up changing it out for one of the more expensive hands free Delta faucets from Home Depot on line, and it's better quality and looks nicer even though the original worked fine.

Subsequently I bought American Standards faucets for the bathrooms, also online from Home Depot, and they're also very good - no better or worse than Delta.  The benefits of buying the higher quality faucets online with HD are the prices are good, wider range and ease of returning them.  What they have in the stores are the basic models from each manufacturer.  Ultimately I believe it's a 'wash' (pun intended) who the manufacturer is, the price point is what drives the quality.

WGH

« Reply #23 on: 17 Oct 2016, 05:08 pm »
I went with the Swiss made KWC faucet for the kitchen and Jado for the bathroom sink and shower, good stuff and I like the way they look.

Don_S

« Reply #24 on: 17 Oct 2016, 05:59 pm »
I've remodeled 3 bathrooms this year and a kitchen last year.  For the kitchen I bought the top of the range Delta from Home Depot and it was just okay - finished up changing it out for one of the more expensive hands free Delta faucets from Home Depot on line, and it's better quality and looks nicer even though the original worked fine.

Subsequently I bought American Standards faucets for the bathrooms, also online from Home Depot, and they're also very good - no better or worse than Delta.  The benefits of buying the higher quality faucets online with HD are the prices are good, wider range and ease of returning them.  What they have in the stores are the basic models from each manufacturer.  Ultimately I believe it's a 'wash' (pun intended) who the manufacturer is, the price point is what drives the quality.

Affirms what I posted previously.  Online HD has good quality at reasonable prices. Reliable brands with good service and parts availability.  Frequently with lifetime warranties.  I previously used Grohe but I won't spend that much again. No need to.

Doublej

« Reply #25 on: 18 Oct 2016, 12:31 am »
Thanks everyone.

I went with a Moen in stock at the local Home Depot store. The faucet came with the hot and cold water hoses integrated into the unit and a quick connect for the pull out spray head all of which made for an easy install. I am not a big fan of the plastic spray head but it works and is what every faucet at HD had.

Don_S

« Reply #26 on: 18 Oct 2016, 12:48 am »
Thanks everyone.

I went with a Moen in stock at the local Home Depot store. The faucet came with the hot and cold water hoses integrated into the unit and a quick connect for the pull out spray head all of which made for an easy install. I am not a big fan of the plastic spray head but it works and is what every faucet at HD had.

I think plastic spray heads are pretty much universal.  Nobody wants a pound of metal in their hand while washing dishes or produce. My very expensive Grohe kitchen faucet and less expensive (but not a base model) Kohler kitchen faucet both had plastic pullout heads. The body of both faucets was a serious hunk of brass.

Good luck with your purchase and install.