Picked up some Havi B3 Pro 1 IEM's

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Picked up some Havi B3 Pro 1 IEM's
« on: 31 Mar 2015, 02:41 pm »
I bought these from Massdrop and they sound fantastic.  The soundstage is huge, they are easily the best sounding IEM's I have ever heard.  They are power hungry little buggers with 2 drivers in each earpiece and very well made.  First earphones I have owned with a ribbon cable.... For $50 these babies are a steal. 
There are reviews on Head-fi,  I can't upload photos of them I have on my tablet.....  :duh:

abernardi

Re: Picked up some Havi B3 Pro 1 IEM's
« Reply #1 on: 6 Apr 2015, 04:21 am »
I LOVE these IEMs!  I was at CanJam last weekend in Costa Mesa and listened to everything from UE, JH, Noble, 1964, Final, and many others and one IEM was more disappointing than the next!  It seemed the more crap they stuff into them, the more congested the sound got.  The Havi's are certainly not the final word in detail, and they don't have thunderous bass, but they do hit a very sweet spot, they sound natural and seem to have a slight bump around 200Hz or so, very slight, and even though I've been looking for a better IEM, I still haven't found one...

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #2 on: 7 Apr 2015, 10:28 pm »
I had never heard of them but the description of the build with Gorilla Glass, two drivers per, etc drew me in.....man oh man for the price, they are really a bargain.
 Right now as they break in I can hear them settling. I plan on running them in a few hours everyday and then listening....these have really got me excited again about IEM's!!!!!
Did yours break in fully do you think? How long did it take??

abernardi

« Reply #3 on: 8 Apr 2015, 04:03 am »
I bought them used, so they were pretty much broken in already.  I haven't noticed any change since I got them.  Though for the first time I heard some distortion today, but I think that was from my source.  Right now I'm running them off my iphone 5 with that new HRT iDSP gizmo.  It takes the digital stream via the camera kit connector and has it's own DAC and amp. But it's just slightly more powerful than the iphone itself and the DAC is only slightly better.  And these IEMs are power hungry.  I was playing "Island Girl" from Elton John's Rock of the Westies, and he always mixes his albums with a lot of dynamic range, so I usually find myself upping the volume on his stuff and the bass started distorting a bit.  I need to find a better DAP solution.  I'd like to try something that I can use with the iphone that I can pocket, but so far there's not much out there...