10th Anniversary Specials end Today!!! (March 31st)

CIAudio

10th Anniversary Specials end Today!!! (March 31st)
« on: 20 Feb 2007, 03:21 pm »

To celebrate the 10th Anniversary of CIAudio, we've decided to do something special.

For a limited time, we will offer the following specials;

1. Purchase any combination of D•100 or D•200 with VPC•3 or PLC•1 and get $300 off !

2. Purchase VDA•2 with VAC•1 and we'll throw in a Harmonic Tech Digital Copper or Optical One Cable !

3. Purchase VHP•2 with VAC•1 and we'll throw in a pair of Goldring DR-100 Headphones! (or add DR-150's for $50)

These packages are available now and in limited supply.
Now is your chance to get a great deal on packages that are rarely discounted!
« Last Edit: 31 Mar 2007, 03:35 pm by CIAudio »

ralflar

Re: 10th Anniversary Specials!!!
« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2007, 07:14 am »
Ten Years After. Congratulations! I only discovered CIAudio less than a half year ago, and so my mental picture of you is still that of a young and blossoming company. All the best from Houston for the next ten years. Stay young and flourish! Now I feel compelled to buy something else from CIAudio :).

CIAudio

« Reply #2 on: 21 Feb 2007, 03:49 pm »
Ten Years After. Congratulations! I only discovered CIAudio less than a half year ago, and so my mental picture of you is still that of a young and blossoming company. All the best from Houston for the next ten years. Stay young and flourish! Now I feel compelled to buy something else from CIAudio

The first 10 years have gone pretty fast...I still remember leaving Audio Alchemy and being scared to death about trying to start my own company. We have now established ourselves and have been growing each year. We will move into a larger facility in April with a nice showroom, warehouse, and production all under one roof.
We look forward to the next 10 yrs and thank all who've supported us!

arthurs

« Reply #3 on: 21 Feb 2007, 04:10 pm »
good products + good service + good people = customer loyalty and increased sales through referrals, repeat business, and recognition in the marketplace.

Congrats on the anniversary Dusty, you seem to have the equation above down pat.

elg2001

« Reply #4 on: 21 Feb 2007, 06:59 pm »
is it possible for me to get this deal since I bought a VDA2 and VAC1 VERY recently?

CIAudio

« Reply #5 on: 21 Feb 2007, 07:23 pm »
is it possible for me to get this deal since I bought a VDA2 and VAC1 VERY recently?

Sorry but the packages are only available since we announced them (and for a very limited time).

elg2001

« Reply #6 on: 21 Feb 2007, 10:48 pm »
OK, well at least I tried... :)

CIAudio

« Reply #7 on: 21 Feb 2007, 11:17 pm »
OK, well at least I tried... :)

Doesn't hurt to ask...right?
Sorry... but if we did it for you, we'd have to do for everyone else.
Hope you understand  :)

Jeff_Z

« Reply #8 on: 23 Feb 2007, 03:58 am »
Dusty,
I just want to say congratulations on 10 years.  Here is to many more.

A very happy VDA-2/VAC-1 and VPP-1/VAC-1 owner.

Jeff Zaret
Lancaster, Ca :beer:

mike.b

« Reply #9 on: 23 Feb 2007, 06:40 am »
congratulations on 10 years    :thumb:   

love my vda2 and vhp1 both with vac power a little too much  :oops:

denjo

« Reply #10 on: 23 Feb 2007, 07:17 am »
Dusty
Congrats on your 10th Anniversary and all the very best in the next decade and more!

The D*200s are still as musical and satisfying as ever! The pair will be celebrating its 1st Anniversary in a few days' time!

Best Regards
Dennis

CIAudio

« Reply #11 on: 24 Feb 2007, 12:08 am »
The Anniversary specials have been very popular... I guess people like to take advantage of a deal  :D
We are now out of coaxial digital cables and PLC-1's, but will have more by monday.
Thanks again to all for your support.

mfsoa

« Reply #12 on: 24 Feb 2007, 12:56 am »
Dusty,
There are many of us that would like to thank you for your support!!

-Mike

wjat

« Reply #13 on: 28 Feb 2007, 04:12 pm »
congrats on 10 years!

just received my vhp2 and absolutely love it! i may have to pick up a vac-1 soon to complement it

ralflar

« Reply #14 on: 1 Mar 2007, 03:57 am »
Hi Dusty,

My new toys arrived last night. Everything is like you said it would be. It is too early for more detailed impressions because I still "suffer" from new toy excitement. Anyway, I tried to listen critically last night. That lasted perhaps a half song, then I was drawn too much into the music to be critical. So I can already say that the probability that may I return anything within my 30 days trial period are vanishingly low. :) More "quantative" statements will have to wait until the new toy excitement has worn off.

One more thing: the PLC-1 looks *great*! As much as I like the all metal no nonsense look of the other CIAudio components, the PLC-1's all metal no nonsense appearance is much more elegant. Can a piece of audio gear be called pretty?

CIAudio

« Reply #15 on: 1 Mar 2007, 04:39 am »
My new toys arrived last night. Everything is like you said it would be. It is too early for more detailed impressions because I still "suffer" from new toy excitement. Anyway, I tried to listen critically last night. That lasted perhaps a half song, then I was drawn too much into the music to be critical. So I can already say that the probability that may I return anything within my 30 days trial period are vanishingly low.  More "quantative" statements will have to wait until the new toy excitement has worn off.

Glad you're enjoying your new toys...it will be even better after a couple of days.
The fact that you couldn't listen critically because you got sucked into the music is a good
sign  :D

One more thing: the PLC-1 looks *great*! As much as I like the all metal no nonsense look of the other CIAudio components, the PLC-1's all metal no nonsense appearance is much more elegant. Can a piece of audio gear be called pretty?

I agree, photos don't do it justice. You're probably already addicted to the remote too :lol:

ralflar

« Reply #16 on: 6 Mar 2007, 06:32 am »
You're right about that! The remote has just the right size and weight, and the groove for the index finger makes it comfortable and useable. The one problem I have is that this remote increases my remote count to 6. I must get a universal remote soon...

I still need to do more comparative listening. I began doing that, starting playback of a few FLACed SACD albums via Squeezebox/VDA-2/VAC-1 at approximately the same time as the playback of the original SACD in the Arcam player. Then I switch between the VDA-2 and Arcam inputs on the PLC-1 - easy thanks to the remote :). I am trying both the CDDA and SACD layers on the Arcam for the comparisons. But most of the time I relax and just rediscover my CD collection via Squeezebox and VDA-2.

What I will say at this still early date is only this: the voicing and staging of the Arcam is remarkably similar to that of the SB3/VDA-2. The Arcam can sound a bit more forward in the mids, especially on SACD, which creates a great stage and ambience, while the SB3/CDA-2 seems to resolve the highs a bit better. But they are both very musical, not easy to tell apart a lot of the time, and I cannot yet say which one I like better. This is of course related to the fact that I can not match levels well enough. Sometimes the Arcam plays slightly louder, sometimes the SB3/VDA-2, depending on which album is being played and whether I compare to CDDA or SACD. SPL deltas range from approx. 1 to 4 dB (on R'Shack digital meter). I do like them both.

So most of the time I just relax, and enjoy the Arcam for SACDs and the SB3/VDA-2 for CDDA. I suspect that there may be a time, later, when I will be able to write up something which resembles a "review".

And don't expect me to return any of the stuff I bought from you. :D

As for photos, I can post some of the PLC-1 and its siblings once I figure out how to do that on this board. :scratch:

ralflar

« Reply #17 on: 6 Mar 2007, 08:42 pm »
Found the gallery. Here goes.

Pic of the PLC-1 - if it were an Arcam piece it would wear the FMJ badge!

The PLC-1 looks nice from the back, too. I am working on the cable mess.

CIAudio siblings...

...showing off their pretty aluminium face plates in flash light.

CIAudio

« Reply #18 on: 6 Mar 2007, 10:18 pm »
You have as much CIAudio gear as I do!  :lol:

CIAudio

« Reply #19 on: 21 Mar 2007, 03:12 pm »
10 more days to get in on the Anniversary Specials...ends March 31st!