Question about D-200 Monoblocks

slbenz

Question about D-200 Monoblocks
« on: 18 Jan 2016, 07:27 pm »
Hi, I am using a set of modded Polk Audio SDA 2Bs which require using amps that are common ground. Are the D-200 first generation common ground? Thanks in advance.

CIAudio

Re: Question about D-200 Monoblocks
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jan 2016, 08:33 pm »
Not really sure what you're asking..they are single-ended output, but there is 15 ohms between signal ground & AC ground.
Our only bridged model is the D-500 MKII.
I'm not familiar with the Polk SDA-2B, but none of this should matter unless you're connecting to the high level input of an amplified speaker or sub-woofer.

slbenz

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jan 2016, 05:04 pm »
The Polk Audio SDA 2B speakers use an interconnect cable to connect the SDA effect speakers to reduce cross talk and help expand the sound stage and imaging of the speakers by connecting the negative terminals of both speakers together. An effect similar to the Sonic Holography from Carver. Polk warns not to use amps that do not have a common ground, meaning the Wyred4Sound amp that I have that uses a balanced, dual-monoblock design, is not suitable for use and could damage the amp or speakers. I am assuming that your monoblocks would not have a problem running these speakers when the SDA interconnect that connects the negative terminals of both speakers is used.

CIAudio

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jan 2016, 11:40 pm »
ahhh...okay, no problem.
You can connect (-) terminals together on any of our monoblock models except D-500 MKII, which has a bridged output (- terminal is not ground).

slbenz

« Reply #4 on: 29 Jan 2016, 09:02 pm »
Thanks for answering my question. That is what I thought but wanted to be sure.