VSA powered by CIAudio=Best of Show!

CIAudio

VSA powered by CIAudio=Best of Show!
« on: 12 Mar 2013, 05:10 pm »
Myles Astor & Peter Breuninger name the new Von Schweikert VR-100SX speaker system driven by CIAudio electronics "Best Sound of the Show!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROmz0v-c0T4

In the video, they state that they would  like to hear it with better electronics  :)
I believe mainly because the 25w Kronzilla wasn't enough power for the mids/tweeters, & they know little to nothing about CIAudio.
Albert mentioned he wished he brought his D-500 MKII's to power the entire towers. A higher powered tube model would've also worked.

For our modestly priced electronics to beat all the big names is something I can't help but smile about  :D
« Last Edit: 12 Mar 2013, 09:22 pm by CIAudio »

Albert Von Schweikert

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
Re: VSA powered by CIAudio=Best of Show!
« Reply #1 on: 13 Mar 2013, 04:33 am »
Dusty is correct: the 25-watt KR Audio "Kronzilla" didn't have enough power to play loudly on crescendos.  However, the CIA D200 Mk2's powered our new VR-100XS to a level of bass performance that had to be heard to be believed! Please visit the Von Schweikert Circle to see photos of the complete system; you'll see the CIA D200 Mk 2's sitting next to the Kronzilla on expensive rack stands by Critical Mass Systems.  By now, most of you also know that Dusty builds the amplifier plates for the XS subwoofers used in the VR-9, VR-100, and VR-11 systems by Von Schweikert Audio.  We could have used any number of brands of amplifiers to power our systems, but we chose CIAudio based on reliability, sound, and great customer service.

Happy Listening,
Albert Von Schweikert

CIAudio

« Reply #2 on: 13 Mar 2013, 02:53 pm »
Thanks Albert,

I think the Kronzilla is the same amplifier you used at CES in 2012 with the more efficient VR-5 Anniversary Editions... that system sounded very good!
I also remember a larger KR model on display... it would be interesting to compare the larger KR amplifier with D-500 MKII running the towers  :D

CIAudio

« Reply #3 on: 13 Mar 2013, 05:23 pm »
Jonathan Valin of The Absolute Sound also states  "Best of show contenders for sure."  :D

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/axpona-chicago-2013/

CIAudio

« Reply #4 on: 13 Mar 2013, 10:30 pm »
Here are a few photos Albert sent me from the show... Thanks Albert!

gme109

« Reply #5 on: 16 Mar 2013, 10:12 pm »
SEAS EXCEL Drivers powered by CIA amps... :D

CIAudio

« Reply #6 on: 16 Mar 2013, 10:50 pm »
Very nice!

I bet it sounds great! (and didn't cost $140k)  :D