T.H.E. Show Newport/New Products!

CIAudio

T.H.E. Show Newport/New Products!
« on: 31 Mar 2012, 01:04 am »
This year we will be showing a couple of exciting new products at T.H.E. Show Newport Beach.

The Transient
24/192 Asynchronous USB Interface/DAC

Initially we designed this to be a high-end Asynchronous USB Interface. Based on the XMOS processor with high precision/low jitter clocks, isolated 75 ohm Canare BNC S/PDIF output (with RCA adapter). We also provide I2S output on a 5 pin mini DIN (Alchemy, Perpetual, etc.) and differential I2S over HDMI (PS Audio, Wyred 4 Sound, etc.). This allows connection to your favorite DAC through S/PDIF and can also be used with most any DAC with I2S connection.

As this product evolved, we also decided to include a built-in Wolfson 24/192 DAC circuit with volume control.
It is all housed in a heavy machined T6061 aluminum chassis with in-set isolation footers & has LED indicators for incoming sample rate. The 2V output can be programmed for line out, or through volume control.
The Transient can be completely powered by USB for portability, and can also use our new upgrade power supply listed below to improve performance. Plug-n-play with MAC, and drivers included for WinXP, Vista, and Win7.

VDC-5.0 MKII
Upgrade Power Supply

The VDC-5.0 MKII will be the first of a new line of upgrade power supplies.
Similar to our VDC-SB for Squeezebox, but with a larger transformer, higher current Schottky diodes, a Schurter IEC input with power switch, user-selectable input voltage, and matching chassis to the Transient.

If coming to T.H.E Show, come by for a listen!
Room 306 of the Hilton

« Last Edit: 31 Mar 2012, 03:16 am by CIAudio »

frankg

Re: T.H.E. Show Newport/New Products!
« Reply #1 on: 31 Mar 2012, 01:54 am »
Dusty,

Do you have a price for the Transient yet?

frankg

CIAudio

« Reply #2 on: 31 Mar 2012, 02:20 am »
Transient will be $699, no pricing yet on the VDC-5.0 MKII as we're still working on the bill of materials.

ohlins

« Reply #3 on: 31 Mar 2012, 05:01 am »
pics please...

CIAudio

« Reply #4 on: 31 Mar 2012, 01:06 pm »
We're working on the production chassis, so won't have photos until close to release time (6 weeks or so).

CIAudio

« Reply #5 on: 4 Jun 2012, 03:31 pm »
Thanks to all the ACers who stopped by our room at Newport.
It was a great show for us... Our new Transient MKII Asynchronous USB Converter was a big hit!

Here are a couple links to coverage

http://hifiqc.wordpress.com/

http://www.stereophile.com/

CIAudio

« Reply #6 on: 14 Jun 2012, 09:28 pm »
Here's another link to show coverage (bottom of page and next)

http://www.avguide.com/blog/the-show-newport-beach?page=1

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #7 on: 16 Jun 2012, 12:59 am »
Here's another link to show coverage (bottom of page and next)

http://www.avguide.com/blog/the-show-newport-beach?page=1

Saw that earlier but didn't realize that the picture on the next page was of your speaker.

R_burke

« Reply #8 on: 16 Jun 2012, 02:24 pm »
Saw that earlier but didn't realize that the picture on the next page was of your speaker.

SPEAKER???

CIAudio

« Reply #9 on: 17 Jun 2012, 06:22 am »
SPEAKER???

Yes...
Most don't know it but I out started building loudspeakers back in the 70's.
I couple of years ago we started a speaker project which includes designing everything from the ground up, including our own drivers for several production models.

The loudspeaker used at T.H.E. Show Newport is a test prototype only and will never see production. However it is a stepping stone and we hope to have completed designs by the years end.

R_burke

« Reply #10 on: 17 Jun 2012, 01:59 pm »
Yes...

The loudspeaker used at T.H.E. Show Newport is a test prototype only and will never see production. However it is a stepping stone and we hope to have completed designs by the years end.

Loking forward to seeing/hearing what you come up with

CIAudio

« Reply #11 on: 18 Jun 2012, 05:17 pm »
I'm hoping to have a pre-production version of the 3-way floor-stander at RMAF but don't know if we'll have all drivers completed by then... we'll see  :)