A Fine Force Sub Review . . . June Affordable Audio

Mike Dzurko

A Fine Force Sub Review . . . June Affordable Audio
« on: 11 Jun 2007, 10:41 pm »
Craig Johnson has just published a wonderful review of our Force sub(s) used with his Maggie 1.6.  For the full review, check out the June issue of Affordable Audio.  Here’s just one great quote:

“More than just filling in the bottom octave, the Force’s dual crossovers and variable phase allow it to blend seamlessly with my Magnepans so that it never intrudes on their fantastic midrange and expands the already impressive soundstage. I expect such will be the case with most any speaker. While the Magnepans are thoroughly enjoyable speakers in their own right, I cannot now imagine them without the ACI Force.”

http://www.affordableaudio.org

« Last Edit: 12 Jun 2007, 06:26 pm by Mike Dzurko »

Mike Dzurko

Re: A Fine Force Sub Review . . . June Affordable Audio
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jun 2007, 11:10 pm »
Craig photographed his own, pre-XL Force . . .

This is the Force XL:

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #2 on: 11 Jun 2007, 11:45 pm »
That's what I thought.

It's odd that subject of the Affordable Audio review is an out-of-date ACI subwoofer model (or at least the enclosure is outdated). Should one assume the new dimensions of the XL have absolutely no effect on the sound or performance of the subwoofer?

Craig explains in the text of the review how the Force XL looks different, with slightly different proportions (but same internal volume).

I need to emphasize that the ONLY difference between the Force and the Force XL is the look. We did not change anything about the performance. Heck, it was already perfect so why change it  :D

Zero

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jun 2007, 12:42 am »
Congrats, Mike.