COLLEGE FOOTBALL RETURNS!

Mudslide

Re: COLLEGE FOOTBALL RETURNS!
« Reply #120 on: 30 Sep 2016, 06:06 am »
Random thoughts....

Louisville...oh my!! 

Sorry to be absent for a while, gents.  I've broken my hip and just had surgery to fix it...and it seems my Ducks aren't far behind.    :cry:  (Thank goodness for music and great speakers to quell the anguish.)

I'm looking for Franklyn to get canned...sorry Emil.  Cards and tOSU half of the 4 in the CFP.  I'm still with Bama (and all the drama going on there) to miss it.  Ducks 13 game win streak against Washington will end this year. 

Oh yeah, I still hate tOSU for crushing my ducks in that first CFP, pgb.  LOL.   :lol:

Emil

« Reply #121 on: 30 Sep 2016, 11:49 am »
A big test for the Cards Saturday night , playing Clemson at Death Valley!  GO CARDS!!!

Best,
Ed

Hey Ed
Clemsen and Houston are the only obstacles really for an undefeated season buts as they say, any given Saturday......

Thats one game I'll be following

Emil

« Reply #122 on: 30 Sep 2016, 12:34 pm »

Sorry to hear that Mudslide. was wondering where you've been.

Just looked at The Ducks schedule and it looks rough with ranked teams like Washington, Stanford and and Utah.

Franklin? I've read good reasons to fire him and good reasons to keep him but dont think he's the coach to compete with Meyer, Harbaugh and Dantonio.
he does have on of the youngest teams in the league and is feeling the worst due to the sanctions. Moreover, the linebackers are thin due to injuries with freshman having to start.
I say he has one more year.....maybe. Maybe not if the fans dont see any signs of improvement as the season goes on.
I have tickets to the tOSU game and if they get Michiganed at home, the calls for a fireing will intense for sure
Now that Les Miles is available there has been some talk on the blogs about approaching him.

Turbulent times ahead for sure

lokie

« Reply #123 on: 30 Sep 2016, 12:41 pm »
Will be attending the Tennessee vs Georgia game this Sat.

GO VOLS!

Mudslide

« Reply #124 on: 30 Sep 2016, 07:36 pm »
Sorry to hear that Mudslide. was wondering where you've been.

Just looked at The Ducks schedule and it looks rough with ranked teams like Washington, Stanford and and Utah.

Franklin? I've read good reasons to fire him and good reasons to keep him but dont think he's the coach to compete with Meyer, Harbaugh and Dantonio.
he does have on of the youngest teams in the league and is feeling the worst due to the sanctions. Moreover, the linebackers are thin due to injuries with freshman having to start.
I say he has one more year.....maybe. Maybe not if the fans dont see any signs of improvement as the season goes on.
I have tickets to the tOSU game and if they get Michiganed at home, the calls for a fireing will intense for sure
Now that Les Miles is available there has been some talk on the blogs about approaching him.

Turbulent times ahead for sure

Thanks, Emil.  We heal eventually...even at my ($*%*#*^) age. 

I see Miles going to Notre Dame after they finish getting creamed all season...even though PSU is a better fit.

The Ducks could easily, probably should be 4-0, in spite of some crappy play.  Don't give up on 'em just yet.  But yeah...a tough row to hoe.

pgbcincy

« Reply #125 on: 30 Sep 2016, 11:11 pm »
So my Nittany Lions took an expected beating this past weekend against Michigan but we did have one highlight...Our kicker Joey Julius
Man, you know its a tough season when you are showing highlights of your kicker!  :lol:  Of course my Bucks could have used them as that Sooner ran though us like swiss cheese for a TD kick return!  :duh:

A big test for the Cards Saturday night , playing Clemson at Death Valley!  GO CARDS!!!
Game of the week!  Should be great!  I’m rooting for the Cards!  But then we might have to play Lamar! :o   

Norte Dame off to to horrid start! :thumb:
   Couldn't be happening to a nicer coach/person.  I really don't see how anyone would want to play or coach along side that guy!

Oh yeah, I still hate tOSU for crushing my ducks in that first CFP, pgb.  LOL.   :lol:

Wow, hope you’re on the mend MudSlide!
You sure that hate didn't start with the 2010 Rose Bowl?  :P

GO VOLS!

It seems your Vols finally have awoke... took care of business in the 2nd half last week!

Franklin needs to step up his recruiting. A tough task with the sanctions and negativity around the program.   Not sure if Miles is that guy though.  Looking forward to WhiteOut.... always a tough fight!

Its a long season boys! Although I like the way Buckeye's games have gone so far, they are super young.... just wonder when that youth will show up... hopefully when it does we can recover! 

I'll be in the Horseshoe tomorrow!  Earle Bruce is dotting the I in Script Ohio.  I saw Jack "The Bear" do it!  Its a rare treat given to non band members!  Go Bucks!

Mudslide

« Reply #126 on: 1 Oct 2016, 06:29 am »

Wow, hope you’re on the mend MudSlide!
You sure that hate didn't start with the 2010 Rose Bowl?  :P

Thanks, bud.
But yeah, perhaps part of my football pain is indeed a hold over from 2010.     :surrender:

LOL, my surgeon was a huge Nebraska fan (and grad).  I think his taste in patients was better than his taste in football schools.  Hahaaa...I ate a bunch of humble pie after joshing with him before the game.  Oops.

ebag4

« Reply #127 on: 2 Oct 2016, 12:05 am »
GO CARDS!!!

ebag4

« Reply #128 on: 2 Oct 2016, 04:37 am »
Well, that's a bummer, I thought we had a shot at an undefeated season.

Mudslide

« Reply #129 on: 2 Oct 2016, 03:03 pm »
Well, that's a bummer, I thought we had a shot at an undefeated season.

Real bummer.  I dislike Clemson (and USC and Notre Dame, too, lol).  Still a fine season to be had by the Cards.

My high flying Ducks have crashed and burned.   :bawl:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #130 on: 2 Oct 2016, 03:15 pm »
Real bummer.  I dislike Clemson (and USC and Notre Dame, too, lol).  Still a fine season to be had by the Cards.

My high flying Ducks have crashed and burned.   :bawl:

Agreed, not that big a football fan, but do have a strong affinity for Louisville and am pulling for them. Appeared to be more of a team that made fewest mistakes, verses an outright beatdown.

Hey buddy, sorry to hear about the hip. Here's wishing a speedy & full recovery.  :thumb: One of these days I'll get down for a visit.  :wave:

On the other hand, appears the local boys are shaking things up for the first time in a while. Will be interesting to see how the Huskies hold up.

Emil

« Reply #131 on: 2 Oct 2016, 04:03 pm »
Will be attending the Tennessee vs Georgia game this Sat.

GO VOLS!

Hail Mary pass with 3 seconds left
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtDyM7B-TI4

Happy now, Lokie? made that little girl cry :cry:

Emil

« Reply #132 on: 2 Oct 2016, 04:15 pm »
So my Nittany Lions took an expected beating this past weekend against Michigan but we did have one highlight

Our kicker Joey Julius

Thats right. 5 ft 10 and 259 pounds.....as a freshman. he's now 271 as a sophomore :lol:

Joey is not the type of kicker who just waits back and hopes the guy is tackled way before they get to him.

get a load of this agianst Kent State:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-4C5qswyys

and this against Michigan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX3sQLcLjYQ

With fame comes a price... :lol:
You're a real tough guy, Waters. Picking on a pudgy kicker

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=17687526

From his bio
Highly-touted soccer player in high school...Played Academy Soccer (traveling league) for four years...Ran track for one season. 

Ran track and played soccer? GTFO :lol:

Mudslide

« Reply #133 on: 2 Oct 2016, 11:44 pm »
Agreed, not that big a football fan, but do have a strong affinity for Louisville and am pulling for them. Appeared to be more of a team that made fewest mistakes, verses an outright beatdown.

Hey buddy, sorry to hear about the hip. Here's wishing a speedy & full recovery.  :thumb: One of these days I'll get down for a visit.  :wave:

On the other hand, appears the local boys are shaking things up for the first time in a while. Will be interesting to see how the Huskies hold up.

Thanks, buddy.   :wave:  I'll be here!

lokie

« Reply #134 on: 17 Oct 2016, 02:04 pm »
The Vols had some thrills this year but me thinks Alabama showed us they are not messing around. We played them very strong with lesser teams the last 5 or so years but this team is on a mission. Jalon Hurts was very impressive... and a FRESHMAN... yikes!!

My Bucks pulled it out but there is a large margin between them and The Tide.

The playoffs look pretty set for now with the top 4 w the exception of the OSU/Mich game . Good to see that rivalry back in prominence.

But who knows??? They have to play the games and upsets happen.

Emil

« Reply #135 on: 17 Oct 2016, 03:08 pm »
But who knows??? They have to play the games and upsets happen.

You mean like this weekend with OSU against my Nittany Lions?

Dont worry. If by a long shot the Nits get close, the BIG10 refs will make sure it wont happen.

Oh I get by with a little help from my friend.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvD1rJJF5GE

I can dream, can I?

Emil

« Reply #136 on: 23 Oct 2016, 07:36 pm »

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #137 on: 23 Oct 2016, 09:44 pm »
The upset of the weekend was my alma mater, SMU, stomping the dog out of #11 Houston.   Go Ponies. 

Emil

« Reply #138 on: 24 Oct 2016, 03:32 pm »
The upset of the weekend was my alma mater, SMU, stomping the dog out of #11 Houston.   Go Ponies.

Oh no, Clark

My upset was bigger than your upset :icon_lol:

dpatters

« Reply #139 on: 24 Oct 2016, 03:41 pm »

Emil,

Things were wild here in Happy Valley!!!!