Yellowtec PUC2/LITE USB Adapter

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
Yellowtec PUC2/LITE USB Adapter
« on: 20 Dec 2013, 03:14 pm »
I had a mature moment and failed to remember the HiFace and Young drivers before upgrading to Mac OS 10.9, and as we are aware, the M2tech drivers are incompatible with Mavericks.  The Audiophilleo models were highly recommended but out of my price range, and I took a gamble on the Yellowtec PUC2/LITE, apparently an older but up-dated design, according to reviews.  I have little to which to compare the Yellowtec, to which I am supplying power with an AQVOX 5 volt power supply, but with PureMusic in integer mode, the Yellowtec seems to provide, based upon my audio memory, a significant improvement over my HiFace and battery-operated HiFace (both version 1), in terms of clarity and blackness. The Yellowtec plays HiRez up to 24/192.  Thus far, I am pleased with the Yellowtec.  I have an E.E. DAC, which has a balanced input, but the E.E. DAC has possibly become the "weak link" in my system, and I hope to upgrade to the Auralic Vega or another DAC within the next year.

I purchased the Yellowtec for $395.00 plus shipping from Broadcasters General Store in Ocala, FL.