Did the bass traps go on a diet?

clave

Did the bass traps go on a diet?
« on: 21 May 2015, 01:17 pm »
I just got my second set of 244 bass traps.  My first two I bought several years ago.  The new ones are several pounds lighter.  Did GIK change the type of wood or is there a structural difference?  My back certainly appreciates the weight loss program. :D
« Last Edit: 22 May 2015, 01:30 am by clave »

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
Re: Did the bass traps go on a diet?
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2015, 03:21 pm »
Around 1.5 years ago we did a full redesign of the 244 and Monster to have our patent pending FlexRange Technology. It is lighter, but about 20% more effective on the low end.

Glenn Kuras
GIK Acoustics

ctviggen

« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2015, 11:57 pm »
Around 1.5 years ago we did a full redesign of the 244 and Monster to have our patent pending FlexRange Technology. It is lighter, but about 20% more effective on the low end.

Glenn Kuras
GIK Acoustics

Hmmm...How did you achieve that?  I thought that mass was the sine qua non of low end absorption (well, unless you have a tuned oscillator type of arrangement). 

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #4 on: 29 May 2015, 12:29 am »
Is this your patent application:

http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-adv.html&r=1&p=1&f=G&l=50&d=PG01&S1=%28Glenn.IN.+AND+Kuras.IN.%29&OS=in/Glenn+and+in/Kuras&RS=%28IN/Glenn+AND+IN/Kuras%29

Looks like it! I don't know of too many Glenn Kuras' in Atlanta Georgia who run an acoustics/room treatment company! :wink:

Nice find. Good luck to you Glenn! Patents are expensive.

Best,
Anand.

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 29 May 2015, 01:19 pm »
Looks like it! I don't know of too many Glenn Kuras' in Atlanta Georgia who run an acoustics/room treatment company! :wink:

Nice find. Good luck to you Glenn! Patents are expensive.

Best,
Anand.

The one and only.  :green: