BDP-2 Digital Player

Gerard

Re: BDP-2 Digital Player
« Reply #980 on: 28 May 2015, 04:39 pm »
Dear James,
I have just ordered the Audio device card upgrade for my BDP-2. Should I best first change to Manic Moose firmware before I install the new sound card? Until now I still use Loony Loon S1.75. I don't know of this is relevant but I just want to make sure.
Thanks, Gerard

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #981 on: 28 May 2015, 05:24 pm »
Hi Gerard, Yes, you'll need to upgrade to Manic Moose in order to use the new audio device. I think you'll find it a worthwhile update.

bjski

« Reply #982 on: 28 May 2015, 10:48 pm »
James,
Is Bryston ready for the BDP-2 updates or are we a few weeks out?
Cheer,
BJ Hammell

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #983 on: 28 May 2015, 11:09 pm »
James,
Is Bryston ready for the BDP-2 updates or are we a few weeks out?
Cheer,
BJ Hammell

Yes we are ready - please contact Mike - mpickett@bryston.com

james

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #984 on: 29 May 2015, 06:38 am »
James,

would you consider to sell usb sticks (via the Bryston Online Store)with the Bryston logo on it??

al.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #985 on: 29 May 2015, 07:11 am »
James,

would you consider to sell usb sticks (via the Bryston Online Store)with the Bryston logo on it??

al.

Yes I guess we could do that.

James

StigO

« Reply #986 on: 30 May 2015, 11:46 am »
Anyone tested the new soundcard and can give some feedback?

SFOX

« Reply #987 on: 3 Jun 2015, 03:06 am »
James

I ordered a BDP-2 this evening - is the new audio device available for new orders ?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #988 on: 3 Jun 2015, 10:03 am »
James

I ordered a BDP-2 this evening - is the new audio device available for new orders ?

Hi

Yes any new order would have the new card - what dealer?

james

PETE6737

• Revel 2 channel
« Reply #989 on: 3 Jun 2015, 11:02 am »
Hello All, I'm looking into a BDP2/BDA3 combo in the near future.  I have a WD 4TB HDD that has all  my music on it. I currently plug it into my Oppo BDP105. Would I be able to plug this hard drive into the BDP2 without issue? I thought I read somewhere that it could only take a smaller thumb drive...If that is the case, how would I connect all my music to the BDP,?  Thanks in advance for your replies. Pete

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #990 on: 3 Jun 2015, 01:47 pm »
there's no reason why the drive wouldn't work due to the size of the drive or the fact that its a hard drive.

Currently NTFS, FAT32, HFS+ (read only) and exFat are supported in S2.xx (Manic Moose) firmware.

ttsto

« Reply #991 on: 3 Jun 2015, 03:40 pm »
Hello All, I'm looking into a BDP2/BDA3 combo in the near future.  I have a WD 4TB HDD that has all  my music on it. I currently plug it into my Oppo BDP105. Would I be able to plug this hard drive into the BDP2 without issue? I thought I read somewhere that it could only take a smaller thumb drive...If that is the case, how would I connect all my music to the BDP,?  Thanks in advance for your replies. Pete
For a while I had 3TB HDD connected via USB to my BDP1 and worked just fine

scirica

« Reply #992 on: 3 Jun 2015, 03:47 pm »

Not sure if we are talking the same type of HDD, but I brought a Western Digital "My Book" 4TB portable drive with me to a Bryston dealer a couple of months ago. We plugged this into the BDP2/BDA2 combo and it worked at first but then two things happened 1) It couldn't load my full file list onto the iOS app, and 2) at some point it wouldn't play at all.  Music was skipping and jumping.

This is of course only one data point and may not even be applicable to your situation.  Everything else I've heard through the BDP2-BDA2 combo was perfection!

ttsto

« Reply #993 on: 3 Jun 2015, 03:56 pm »
The issue you describe may be because you did not allowed time for update of database, especially if it was big collection (show partial list of music and high usage of processor that creates skipping and jumping)

bjski

« Reply #994 on: 3 Jun 2015, 06:58 pm »
The issue you describe may be because you did not allowed time for update of database, especially if it was big collection (show partial list of music and high usage of processor that creates skipping and jumping)

Agree......I use a 2TB Western Digital and 1TB Seagate with my BDP-1. I use a Fantom 2TB ,2 TB Western Digital and internal 500gb SSD with my BDP-2. The skipping tells you it's time to update.

scirica

« Reply #995 on: 3 Jun 2015, 09:18 pm »
Yes, I'm pretty sure if I would have given time for the BDP-2 to catch up and fully load, index, update...whatever it does when first connected, it would have been fine. There was probably 1.5TB's of music on the My Book.

SFOX

« Reply #996 on: 3 Jun 2015, 11:50 pm »
Hi

Yes any new order would have the new card - what dealer?

james

Professional Sound

PETE6737

• Revel 2 channel
« Reply #997 on: 4 Jun 2015, 10:10 am »
Thanks for the input. I will be checking out the bdp2 and bda3 later this fall. Pete

BrystonFan

« Reply #998 on: 4 Jun 2015, 09:26 pm »
Me too.
Annual Bryston sale at Audio One  :D

bacmsl

« Reply #999 on: 6 Jun 2015, 03:50 pm »
Question for J.T., if the new BDA-3 can convert files that are PCM up to 32 bit / 384Khz and DSDx4.  Can the new BDP - 2 interpete the signal that is being sent at that hi of resolution. Because on the Bryston website the posted specs for the BDP - 2 are on 24 bit / 196Khz.

Thanks
Barry