Picture Of The Day

PeteG

Re: Picture Of The Day
« Reply #4740 on: 18 Feb 2017, 02:42 am »
Here's the email I got but since then I found out this happened to more than a few folks. Make sure you all keep back-up's.
_______________________________________ _______________________________
Josh (Photobucket Support)

Hello,

We thank you for your patience while we investigated the matter. Our engineering team has been working tirelessly to identify and recover your images. They identified a technical issue that had 1 out of a billion odds of occurring. Unfortunately, your account was one of the handful that were affected. They have spent countless hours to recover your images, but yielded no results. They have added additional safeguards in place to make sure this never happens again.

We are refunding all charges that have been made for the past 12 months.

Once again, we strongly apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #4741 on: 18 Feb 2017, 02:56 am »
1:1,000,000,000  :scratch:
...and you got.. what... twenty five bucks back?
It's been awhile since I paid for PB, but a year's worth of money back isn't worth the aggravation of that little bit of money.
$25 won't feed my family lunch at McDonalds.  :|

PeteG

« Reply #4742 on: 18 Feb 2017, 03:17 am »
It's a hobby to me. I know more than a few who ran their business with Photobucket and lost everything, some with no back-up's.

chip

« Reply #4743 on: 18 Feb 2017, 03:52 pm »
Well that stinks on the whole photo thing - maybe this will make it better

shot from my backyard last night....my 11 year old says hey dad check out the sky. I grabbed the camera quick and this was the best out of the few I got.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #4744 on: 18 Feb 2017, 04:27 pm »
Chip, that's pretty cool!

Pete, is there a way to back up what's on PB, complete with folder names, or are you saying they had "None, Zero, Ziltch, Nada" photographic backups?

PeteG

« Reply #4745 on: 18 Feb 2017, 10:57 pm »
Pete, is there a way to back up what's on PB, complete with folder names, or are you saying they had "None, Zero, Ziltch, Nada" photographic backups?

I had my own back-up, if PB had one they didn't use it. When I put my pictures back in the album file PB changed the link name so all my links do not work but I can go in and change each name to make it work and this will take some time.

Chip, looks like the sky is on fire  :thumb:

Been a little too warm here for the eagles.

« Last Edit: 24 Feb 2017, 05:02 pm by PeteG »

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #4746 on: 18 Feb 2017, 11:04 pm »
Thanks Pete.
Yea, that's what I figured with PB... You change one character in the folder and all links are broken.

bside123

« Reply #4747 on: 19 Feb 2017, 02:55 pm »
Beautiful and majestic Pete. I hope that you can work through your PB loss without too much aggravation. Boy, do I feel for you!   :roll:

bside123

« Reply #4748 on: 19 Feb 2017, 03:04 pm »
Here's a wild bird not nearly as majestic as Pete's eagle, nonetheless, maybe it is just as noble. Funny, this outdoor, wild bird is called a "House Finch."
Maybe its for the same reason the we drive on parkways and park on driveways!?  :thumb:

North American Red House Finch - Male

Don_S

Baja
« Reply #4749 on: 21 Feb 2017, 12:59 am »
Baja, Baja, Baja.  I love saying Baja.  Pictures from last week:

Don_S

Did I Say Baja?
« Reply #4750 on: 21 Feb 2017, 01:01 am »

PeteG

« Reply #4751 on: 21 Feb 2017, 01:05 am »
Don nice shots,  did you use a underwater camera housing.

Don_S

« Reply #4752 on: 21 Feb 2017, 01:27 am »
Don nice shots,  did you use a underwater camera housing.

Thanks Pete.  I used a Fuji FinePix XP90 underwater camera. Not a bad camera for less than $160.  That is if you get one that doesn't leak.  Mine works fine but other buyers were not as lucky.  Also takes great pics above water but it shares the limited zoom of all underwater cameras.  I have a Nikon for "dry" weather pics and did not want to spend too much for limited snorkeling and kayaking use. These are also from the Fuji.

Don_S

Superpod
« Reply #4753 on: 21 Feb 2017, 08:14 pm »
Brown pelicans at sunset and a super pod of dolphins.  The dolphin picture does not show the true scale.  There were dolphins as far as the eye could see.  We saw two super pods on the trip.

bside123

« Reply #4754 on: 23 Feb 2017, 03:55 pm »
Don_S: The dolphin photos have some lovely patterns... very fluid!  :thumb:

The weather here has been very strange, as I suspect it is all over. As it's been so unseasonably warm for February, two days ago a
light haze/fog settled over the farm in our little valley. It created this classic and picturesque view of an "old" historic
farm... minus the solar panels mind you! After enjoying the view, snapping a few shots and watching the mist lift, I turned around and, from the same spot,
witnessed this cloud pattern in the sky. Lovely.

Early Morning Farm

As Above, So Below
« Last Edit: 1 Mar 2017, 01:18 am by bside123 »

chip

« Reply #4755 on: 23 Feb 2017, 04:28 pm »
Great Pics everyone!  :thumb:

Don_S

« Reply #4756 on: 23 Feb 2017, 04:31 pm »
Thanks Chip.

bside123,  Great shots.  Sometimes B&W says it all.

I am bummed about the dolphin pictures.  I forgot to put my Nikon on "sports" mode.  That takes 5 shots in sequence and probably would have captured even better shots.  I did spend a lot of time watching the dolphins without using my camera. Same when I was watching whales from a small boat. Sometimes I have to put my camera away and just "be there". 

JakeJ

« Reply #4757 on: 24 Feb 2017, 02:17 am »
Yes, gents, some awesome photos lately.

Don_s, agreed, sometimes it's best to just be in the moment.

adrianc

« Reply #4758 on: 4 Mar 2017, 02:07 pm »
Nyhavn,Copenhagen
Leica X068 by kc, on Flickr

SET Man

« Reply #4759 on: 5 Mar 2017, 11:02 pm »
Don_S: The dolphin photos have some lovely patterns... very fluid!  :thumb:

The weather here has been very strange, as I suspect it is all over. As it's been so unseasonably warm for February, two days ago a
light haze/fog settled over the farm in our little valley. It created this classic and picturesque view of an "old" historic
farm... minus the solar panels mind you! After enjoying the view, snapping a few shots and watching the mist lift, I turned around and, from the same spot,
witnessed this cloud pattern in the sky. Lovely.

Early Morning Farm

Hey!

Nice one, even with the modern solar panels. Nice soft morning light through the fog?

Take care,
Buddy