Lucrative, high-end interconnect and speaker cable business for sale

audioengr

I simply don't have time or an assembler for my patented top-tier interconnect cables or speaker cables anymore because my component business keeps me so busy, so I want to sell the business.  It is cheap at $10K for the IC's and $10K for the speaker cables.  Negotiation possible, depending on what parts are included etc..  Best if the purchaser is local in Oregon, but not required.  I have sufficient parts to build 20-25 interconnect cable pairs, so all that would have to be purchased in addition is silver wire.  I also have lots of parts for speaker cables, including copper with gold plating spade lugs in different sizes and some high-end banana plugs.  At my run-rate, which included no advertising, you would be able to recoup the initial investment in about 6-9 months.  With advertising and new reviews, maybe sooner. 

Last week, I directed a customer to other companies to buy 2 sets of interconnects and speaker cables because I don't have time to make these anymore.  This sale alone would have been over $4K.  I would continue to refer my customers to buy these cables because I believe they are technically the best on the market.

The business includes webpages, a full set of BOMS for different lengths, collaterals including white-papers, patents and a cable FAQ.  Time-studies have been done for manual assembly for many different lengths.  Computer simulations and measurement plots for some of the cables will be provided.  Purchase includes up to 2 days of training on assembling the interconnects and instructions for the speaker cables.  Includes three drill presses with jigs for various operations and Tube Furnace for annealing of wire.

These cables compete with the top cables on the market and I will divulge to the new owner several improvements that will make them even better performing, improved aesthetics and easier to fabricate so they can be reviewed again.  The interconnects are unshielded silver bare-wire with the lowest capacitance of any on the market at 3.8 pF/foot.  There are a number of trade secrets with both the IC's and speaker cables that protect them, but you can list the patent numbers on each.  If you wanted to be able to litigate with the patents, re-activating the patents would be at your cost.  They have time left on them.

The interconnects and speaker cables were positively reviewed in Stereophile in 2013 and were listed in their recommended components for years.  I can provide the customer list as well as contacts for the right reviewers.  The new cables would have a new look and outperform my original versions.

This is an opportunity to get 99% of what you need to build webpages, add FAQ and white-papers and parts to start building and selling these excellent cables.  Very little additional investment is needed, just soldering iron, solder, heatgun and a bench etc..

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
« Last Edit: 29 Sep 2017, 08:02 pm by audioengr »