Re: Spatial Audio Hologram M4 Turbo OB speaker - A Review
« Reply #40 on: 20 Apr 2016, 03:02 pm »
Rebbi,

I do not have any Spatial.
Maybe you should change that.  :P

dspringham

« Reply #41 on: 20 Apr 2016, 03:08 pm »
Tell us more, Don_S! Are you running your M4's with a sub, and if so, I'd love to hear the details. I've been thinking of going that route because the M3, I'm afraid, would overwhelm my little room (visually and sonically).

Thanks in advance!

I'm right there with you Rebbi. That's why I posted the original question about M4/sub versus M3. I suppose it might come down to the quality of the sub and how well it integrates.

gnostalgick

« Reply #42 on: 20 Apr 2016, 03:43 pm »
  I heard the Spatials at Axpona & they really do seem to be as good as everyone is saying.  The room was consistently busy during our time there, so I was a bit hesitant to make requests (most music in most rooms really wasn't anything we were interested in).  So although we dipped back in several times, I didn't manage to hear anything particularly complex & dynamic like full orchestra or anything really rocking.  Still, they did play everything we did hear exceptionally well.  The only caveat is that they did have a much narrower sweet spot than some other rooms--my girlfriend wasn't impressed at all when sitting next to me, but enjoyed them when we traded seats.

rebbi

« Reply #43 on: 20 Apr 2016, 03:50 pm »
More M4 impressions just posted on my blog.

Enjoy!   :thumb:

digitalzed

« Reply #44 on: 10 May 2016, 11:30 pm »
Received my M4 Turbo S today. Commencing burn in now.

jtwrace

« Reply #45 on: 10 May 2016, 11:32 pm »
Sweet!   :thumb:

Have you listened at all?  You can still get a feel for what they do out of the box.   :drool:

digitalzed

« Reply #46 on: 10 May 2016, 11:38 pm »
Sweet!   :thumb:

Have you listened at all?  You can still get a feel for what they do out of the box.   :drool:

I've got them about 31" from the wall (as per Clayton's suggestion) and toed in slightly. Obviously they need more burn in and probably a little placement testing, but out of the box a huge soundstage with some pretty jaw dropping imaging. Treble is bright and bass seems to want to break out but I think the speakers just need time and current running through them.

HiFiJeff

• Restricted
  • Money Never Sleeps!
« Reply #47 on: 31 May 2017, 02:25 pm »
Received my M4 Turbo S today. Commencing burn in now.

OMG! Those are beautiful. And I am sure they sound just as good as they look. I see there hasn't been any updates on this topic since 05/10, so I figured to get this going again. I stumbled on to Spatial by accident last night when googling reviews for Red Dragon Audio and am VERY interested. I have gone through Omega 3XRS's and now using Tekton Pendragon's but am moving into a brand new house in 6 months and even though I love the Pendragon's, am looking at downsizing and these M4'S might fit my needs. Plus it gives me an excuse to just buy something new to try.  :D