Nobody saw The Greatest Showman?

ctviggen

Nobody saw The Greatest Showman?
« on: 21 Mar 2018, 09:04 pm »
Even though the critics panned this movie, I (and my family) loved it. I took 7 and 10 year olds to see it, and they liked it so much we bought the soundtrack and will buy the movie as soon as it's available. 

If you go to Common Sense Media, there is some amount of discussion about the drinking/bar scenes.  From my perspective, one bar scene with shot glasses was amazing.  I totally ignored the drinking aspect because of this, and my kids are ignorant of alcohol, so they had no idea what was being presented (other than the fantastic dancing).  The other bar scene was similar. 

The signing and dancing are great.  He brings a singer on a tour of the US, and she has a great voice. But the bearded lady rocks, too.  Even Wolverine has a great voice. 

It's also uplifting. 

stlrman

Re: Nobody saw The Greatest Showman?
« Reply #1 on: 21 Mar 2018, 11:14 pm »
Great write up ctviggen!!!
  :thumb:
I have to agree with you 100%!!
I dislike musical movies normally , but this movie thrilled me, my wife , and 11 year old daughter!!
We loved it !!!
I heard they have a sing along movie , where everybody can sing and dance in the aisles. I’m not sure this is true.
We were uplifted , and I was ready to dance down the aisles. Fantastic dance scenes and the singing and songs were top notch!
I have a Facebook friend that was raving about it as well.
I can’t imagine they won’t turn this into a Broadway musical.  It’s perfect for theater! The colors , costumes are fantastic.
Thanks for sharing your review.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Re: Nobody saw The Greatest Showman?
« Reply #3 on: 22 Mar 2018, 04:02 am »
Jackman got his start in musical theater and really is a pretty capable singer.  I thought he was pretty good in Les Mis (and I enjoyed it)