GENERAL ELECTRIC 6087 VACUUM TUBE RECTIFIERS BLACK PLATE INDUSTRIAL 5Y3GT

baileyler

GENERAL ELECTRIC 6087 VACUUM TUBE RECTIFIERS BLACK PLATE INDUSTRIAL 5Y3GT

I just picked up a large number of what appear to be NOS (“new” old stock) General Electric 6087 rectifiers.  The 6087 is are an industrial/military version of the 5Y3GT, and sometimes shows up as 5Y3WGTB.  These are all marked 6087 with the characteristic GE tube type glass etching.

All of these are black plate and D getter element.

Most of these are 5 star.  Some are printed on the base, and others are printed on the glass.  Printed date codes are generally in the early-mid 1960s.

Price is $25 for a single, or $20 each when purchasing more than one.

Some of the tubes are stamped on the base with what appears to be a part number that also corresponds to a number stamped on the box.

Paypal fee and shipping are extra.  Shipping is the choice of the buyer, but I prefer US Postal Priority Mail.  Typically I can ship around 5 of these (and sometimes 6 depending on packing materials) in a 1 pound package.

All tubes will screen at 80 or better (both sides) on my reasonably calibrated B&K 747 (that is well into the "GOOD" scale).  While this is only a screening (see below), this is usually quite reliable for rectifiers.

These do appear to be NOS (“new” old stock).

Note that some tubes may show a little discoloration around the top flashing.  This is not unusual for NOS military and/or industrial tubes as they may have been pre-screened or burned in at the time of packaging (depends on the original supply contract and specs).

The 6087 is one of my two favorite 5Y3 type rectifiers (along with the Euro 5Y3GB), and I actually use them in a couple of amps that I have.  I plan on keeping quite a few of these, but clearly do not need all the ones in the photo. 

I can provide additional information or photos on request.

GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Please note that these tubes are being sold 'AS IS'.  There are no returns or refunds under any circumstances unless I have grossly misdescribed what I am selling.

I ONLY describe what I know about the tubes, and what I have tested for. I may provide test results and, while my tube testers tend to be reliable, YOUR TUBE TESTER MAY GIVE A DIFFERENT RESULT THAN MINE, so please take that into account. In the event of a tube tester conflict, MY TUBE TESTER CONTROLS.

AS SUCH, PLEASE NOTE THAT I CANNOT GUARANTEE (OR EVEN REMOTELY PREDICT) HOW THESE TUBES WILL SOUND OR PERFORM IN YOUR EQUIPMENT.  ANY TEST RESULTS ARE ONLY PROVIDED AS AN INDICATION OF TUBE PERFORMANCE IN A VERY LIMITED (AND NON-IDEAL) ENVIRONMENT.  EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY INDICATED IN THIS LISTING, I DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THESE TUBES, OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THEM.

Payment can be via money order/cashier's check/personal check preferred but, except for US Postal Money Orders, all must clear my bank first. Cash is OK for a local transaction.

I also accept Paypal for convenience (but add 3% to the total in the USA, or 4% elsewhere).  IF YOU PAY VIA PAYPAL, HOWEVER, A CONDITION OF YOUR PAYMENT IS THAT YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE THE RIGHT TO FILE A PAYPAL CLAIM OR CHARGE BACK (but do retain the right to sue me in court should you so desire).

Shipping terms are EXW US Post Office (INCOTERMS 2010).  In accordance with these terms, I will deliver the lot into the possession of the US Post Office, and once in the possession of the US Post Office ALL RISK OF LOSS PASSES TO THE BUYER.

WHAT THIS MEANS IS THAT I EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR DELIVERY (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGE OR LOSS) BY ANY POSTAL SYSTEM, AND BY PURCHASING YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE THE RIGHT TO FILE A CLAIM (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO BUYER PROTECTION CLAIMS WITH PAYPAL) FOR ANY SHIPPING RELATED ISSUE. 

If, however, you have purchased insurance for the item, I will assist to the best of my ability in the processing of any legitimate insurance claim you desire to file.

Please check my feedback on Ebay (ID=baileyler) and buy with confidence.

baileyler

Bump.

Lots still available.

I can trade and have more tubes, so it never hurts to inquire.

Bart