BIT 15 DOTS

1ZIP

BIT 15 DOTS
« on: 17 Apr 2015, 02:51 am »
Just received my BIT 15 today.  I noticed the upper receptacles have a green dot on them while the lower ones do not.  What's the significance of the dots....anyone know?

srb

Re: BIT 15 DOTS
« Reply #1 on: 17 Apr 2015, 03:21 am »
The green dot on a receptacle signifies Hospital or Medical Grade.  If  each receptacle is a duplex type the dot might only appear once on the entire receptacle device.

Steve

1ZIP

« Reply #2 on: 17 Apr 2015, 03:51 am »
Thanks for the info.

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #3 on: 17 Apr 2015, 07:56 am »
So, tell us about your experience with it!  :P

1ZIP

« Reply #4 on: 17 Apr 2015, 05:53 pm »
I have it paired with with a 4b ST, BP17, BCD1 and a pair of paradigm 60's.  No huge changes, maybe a hair more detail and bass.  Most noticeable the music seems to be a bit more free flowing, effortless, if that makes sense.  This is my second BIT (Torus), the first has been in place for several years paired with a 4b SST2, BP-26, BCD1 and a pair of B&W 804's.  I noticed the same changes when I added the BIT (Torus) to the 4b  SST2 system.   I'm using Bryston IC's and speaker cable in both systems.  Someday would like to audition Bryston's speakers.

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #5 on: 17 Apr 2015, 08:01 pm »

Thanks for sharing.

Actually, I do get the "free-flowing, effortless" reference. I've had that experience... where it sounds like the music is being forced or squeezed out of the speakers. I'm my case, it was speakers that were difficult to drive plus an under-powered amp (neither were Bryston). I suspect the ability of the BIT to provide a low impedance to the electronics is what allows for that effortless effect.

It's interesting. There are BIT owners who claim the BIT was the single greatest addition to their electronics stack. In your case, there was limited improvement. I suspect most of that has to do with the initial quality of the power and how isolated it is from things that produce noise.

1ZIP

« Reply #6 on: 18 Apr 2015, 05:32 am »
 You may be right.  I have noticed that the amp now buzzes for a second or two at startup.  It was silent before.  Something having to do with in rush current......I think?