U192S support

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
U192S support
« on: 13 Oct 2015, 02:58 pm »
Where are the latest drivers located?  Will support for this product continue?  We were planning to recommend the U192S to our customers for use with our new DAC DAC (drives Maraschino Cherry amps directly), but if we can't get support, we can't recommend it....  Hope you can help.  Thanks.

-Tommy O
Digital Amp Co

rustydoglim

Re: U192S support
« Reply #1 on: 13 Oct 2015, 03:14 pm »
This product is under Optoma/NuForce.  I doubt that there is any support for the update of driver.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #2 on: 15 Oct 2015, 06:15 pm »
This product is under Optoma/NuForce.  I doubt that there is any support for the update of driver.
Yes, the U192S product doesn't even show up on their web site, like it's been ejected from the product line.  I'm wondering how well the Peachtree X1 works.  They isolate the coax, so I tested the NuForce one, and it appears to be electrically isolated as well.

I just love the small size and price of the NuForce box, but I need something to recommend to DAC DAC (our new product) customers that is supported.  I've never heard any complaints about Peachtree's customer service.

Pretty sure C-Media and XMOS are the big USB-to-I2S (and S/PDIF) chip makers.  However, customized drivers might be required for WHQL (Windows hardware cert).  This is one reason it's a moving target.

I also wonder if any tablet makers have a dock that supports S/PDIF out....  Thanks.

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
« Reply #3 on: 16 Oct 2015, 05:47 am »
Yes, the U192S product doesn't even show up on their web site, like it's been ejected from the product line.  I'm wondering how well the Peachtree X1 works.  They isolate the coax, so I tested the NuForce one, and it appears to be electrically isolated as well.

The X1 is decent, but for the money I prefer the uDSD which accomplishes similar duty but with far more functionality and comparable (arguably better) performance considering only the spdif bridge aspect. The only advantage the X1 offers is the dual outputs with the optical alongside the coax.

p.s. I own both; and the X1 only comes out of the box when I'm comparing some dacs and I want to feed them simultaneously

rustydoglim

« Reply #4 on: 17 Oct 2015, 02:04 am »
uDSD would be a good choice.
If you want a "killer" sampling rate converter and jitter reducer, and can wait three months, we have a product called uSRC coming out in January 2016 (waiting for a new chip). This uSRC takes USB or SPDIF input, reduce jitter and re-sample up or down.

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
« Reply #5 on: 17 Oct 2015, 03:30 am »
If you want a "killer" sampling rate converter and jitter reducer, and can wait three months, we have a product called uSRC coming out in January 2016 (waiting for a new chip). This uSRC takes USB or SPDIF input, reduce jitter and re-sample up or down.

Does it do any reclocking or power supply cleanup? That seems to be a new tech accessory brewing in digital audio these days.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #7 on: 17 Oct 2015, 06:21 am »
Hi-Fi Pig review of uDSD:
http://hifipig.com/nuprime-udsd-usb-powered-portable-dac-and-headphone-amp/

Low price, interesting device (does way more than I need), but will NuPrime sell out like NuForce did?  Don't mean to sound harsh, but the frustration of trying ANY support (product info, USB drivers) for U192S kind of poisioned me.

Here's a question: What happens to the S/PDIF output when playing DSD?  Is there a DSD-to-PCM conversion, or do you get nothing out?  Will look into it....

Thanks for the heads up regarding uDSD.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #8 on: 17 Oct 2015, 07:06 am »
Hmmmmmm.  Another very interesting idea.  Just curious....  Will uSRC handle DSD to PCM conversion?  How are the in/out rates controlled (PC/panel)?  Thanks for your kind post.

rustydoglim

« Reply #9 on: 18 Oct 2015, 03:53 am »
NuPrime is co-owned by a Taiwan factory that has been in business for more than 20 years. It has never laid off workers and the owners take pride in having their "family" business for it will never be sold.

More information about uSRC will be available next week when we disclose the spec and features for DAC-8.

agdev01

« Reply #10 on: 27 Oct 2015, 07:15 pm »
eagerly awaiting the additional info on the DAC-8.