If I ever need a sub

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: If I ever need a sub
« Reply #40 on: 18 Dec 2007, 02:54 pm »
hi george,

curious as to how you tried the vmps' w/the ht3's.  did you run an outboard x-over, crossing the ht3's as well as the subs?  or run the ht3's full-range?  it wouldn't surprise me that the vmps (or any) subs might not work well w/the ht3's (or other full-range speakers), unless the ht3's are also actively crossed over to the subs...  while the ht3's may not need subs, it would surprise me that vmps subs couldn't integrate well w/them, if active x-over is used...

thanks,

doug s.

Doug,

I was actively crossing them over using a TacT 2.2x.

George

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #41 on: 18 Dec 2007, 03:43 pm »
thanks, george, for the update.  seems weird to me, but i guess synergy is a strange thing, & it yust proves that one should try before committing to buying...  or, at east  get as much info as possible, from sites such as this!   :wink:

doug s.

AliG

« Reply #42 on: 19 Dec 2007, 04:23 pm »
Alrite alrite...

This site has convinced me that I don't need no sub for my HT3, I'm going to save my money to buy new camera lens instead...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
« Reply #43 on: 4 Jan 2008, 10:21 pm »
I'm considering buying HT2's and utilizing them with a JL Audio F113 for a second home theatre setup
Arcam AVR350, Pioneer Blu Ray (any suggestions on good and reasonable 5.1 analog interconnects?)

right now the fronts will be B&W Matrix 2's  which have some cabinet colorations
I know the HT2's will improve on that
what would you suggest for freq rollover with HT2's?

I have HT3's in my 2 channel room with Moscode 401hr and Dodd battery pre
no need for low bass reinforcement

I have a 50's Kay Upright bass, so I'm very familiar with double bass low - the HT3's can deliver very resolving low end acoustic

fsimms

« Reply #44 on: 5 Jan 2008, 04:02 pm »
any suggestions on good and reasonable 5.1 analog interconnects?

As far as standard DVD player recommendations, I recommend any good optical cable for digital.   I am a believer in good cables in general, but not for optical.  I don't have Blue Ray, so I don't know if that would have different  issues.  Also set the DVD player for "bit stream".

This is a good general recommendation for almost all DVD setups.