Where to get a Klaudio cleaning machine?

stump4545

Where to get a Klaudio cleaning machine?
« on: 7 Dec 2014, 01:45 am »
Do Klaudio cleaning machines ever hit the used market?

Would love to get it but costs a bunch.

Is there any dealers that have demos or good deals on these beasts?

just wish it cost less....

thanks in advance

TomS

Re: Where to get a Klaudio cleaning machine?
« Reply #1 on: 7 Dec 2014, 02:22 pm »
Do Klaudio cleaning machines ever hit the used market?

Would love to get it but costs a bunch.

Is there any dealers that have demos or good deals on these beasts?

just wish it cost less....

thanks in advance
I've seen plenty of Audio Desk ones for ~$2800-3000 used on Audiogon, but not the KL. I suppose there just aren't as many out there at this point.

MtnHam

• Industry Participant
  • SoundLab and Fritz Speakers Dealer
« Reply #2 on: 7 Dec 2014, 04:30 pm »
Klaudio owners don't sell their machines. AD owners selling theirs are probably wanting to buy a Klaudio!

There is at least one Klaudio dealer, www.legendaudioandvideo.com/ who discounts.

orthobiz

« Reply #3 on: 10 Dec 2014, 02:33 am »
Klaudio owners don't sell their machines. AD owners selling theirs are probably wanting to buy a Klaudio!

Nice try but the actual answer may be a bit more than the (possible) superiority of the Klaudio. I think the Audio Desk got the jump on the industry write-ups, perhaps because it has been available for longer, so maybe more AD's have been sold...And there were known issues with quality in the earlier machines, so maybe owners want to get rid of them. Apparently they have tightened their quality control. I've had my machine for over a year now, have cleaned 440 records to date (yes, I keep track on a counter) and am very happy with it. Nary a hiccup and it's going strong.

Either way, you're likely to have cleaner records. And although I still have my Loricraft, nothing beats the convenience of these ultrasonic machines.

Paul

LP1

« Reply #4 on: 10 Dec 2014, 03:25 am »
Try Jeff at Highwater Sound. He's a dealer. I bought mine from him.

stump4545

« Reply #5 on: 11 Dec 2014, 05:04 pm »
If most of my LP are purchased new is the KL audio cleaning machine overkill?

Can dust build up on my new LP's and "dirty" the grooves?

I do brush off my records before each play.

MtnHam

• Industry Participant
  • SoundLab and Fritz Speakers Dealer
« Reply #6 on: 11 Dec 2014, 05:25 pm »
If most of my LP are purchased new is the KL audio cleaning machine overkill?

Can dust build up on my new LP's and "dirty" the grooves?

I do brush off my records before each play.

Most serious vinyl lovers believe in cleaning new LP's before the 1st play to remove the "release" agent used in the pressing process. Ultra sonic machine owners tell of sonic improvements overall.

ctsooner

« Reply #7 on: 15 Dec 2014, 03:48 pm »
I can't afford either, but some big names in the industry (HOF names) use the Klaus and love it.  I've been told that it does clean better than the AD, but honestly, how can you tell????  I agree that more AD's have been sold so far and that's why they are on the market used, but still very few. I can't afford either, so I'm making my own.  It's been easy to secure the parts and it's simple to build out.  What Hz is the Klaus or the AD?  60?  80?  My total build out for a 60z system will be about 500 total. I will probably still get a vacuum cleaner used or a disc dr to dry the albums and also for in between cleanings. 

I'd get the ready made machine IF I had the money AND more vinyl, lol...

neobop

• BIRD LIVES
« Reply #8 on: 15 Dec 2014, 04:11 pm »
KLAudio - Desk use 40KHz transducers. KL says anything more is unnecessary.
http://klaudio.com/frequently-asked-questions#transducer_info

On DIY forum 60KHz is desired, but improvements are unknown, at least by me.  There might be a comparison, but I haven't seen it (51 page thread).

Lots of items sold out right now on epay.  It looks as if you can get a 6L tank with 40KHz transducers and a motor unit to turn the record, for a little over $400, if in stock.  I think that includes temp control. 

I'm just starting to look into this.  It will be awhile before I pull the trigger.
neo

ctsooner

« Reply #9 on: 17 Dec 2014, 06:01 pm »
I paid about 480 for the tank to be shipped to me 60 Hz and then the motor was 395 accord with a dollar 50 in various parts I had around the house