**SOLD FS M2Tech HiFace Evo Digital Interface with Welboure Labs PS

pgbcincy

M2Tech HiFace Evo Digital Interface with Welboure Labs PS
New: $675
Ask: SOLD Delivered (includes shipping in continental US and PayPal fee)
Pay Method:  Paypal
Ships from: 45202
Cosmetic: 9/10; like new
Specs: 
•   Size: 105x46x104mm (w x h x d, case) 105x50x142mm (w x h x d, total)
•   Weight: 380g
•   Sampling frequencies (kHz): 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192
•   Resolution (bits): 16 to 32
•   Inputs: USB 2.0, supply, master clock
•   Outputs: S/PDIF x2 (RCA & BNC), AES/EBU (XLR), optical Toslink™, optical ST, I2S (RJ-45).
•   Supply voltage: 7-11VDC (15VDC max.)
•   Supply current: 140mA (idle, no output connected)
•   Master clock input voltage: 3.3VPP
•   I2S output voltage:  LVCMOS (3.3V) with 25mA current capability on each line
Reason for sale:  Spring Audio Cleaning in Summer!
Notes: Original Owner
Sonically and functional perfect
Manual and original box
Online Feedback:  pgbcincy (audiogon); zosocincy (ebay)

Used between my computer and DAC.  AES/EBU (and others!) sounded much cleaner than computer USB  directly feeding DAC.  Adding PS added more clarity, blackness, less harshness to sound.

Any questions, let me know.
Thx!  Paul

From M2Tech: 

hiFace Evo by M2Tech is the new statement in high quality computer audio interfaces. Hosted in a compact and stylish aluminium case, hiFace Evo is capable of flawlessly transfer audio data up to 192kHz, 24 bits to virtually every DAC or A/V receiver around, thanks to its comprehensive outputs set. hiFace Evo incorporates the same leading edge technology as the classic hiFace – with some plus. Asynchronous operation up to 192kHz is used in conjunction with proprietary drivers which allow for Kernel Streaming, Direct Sound and WASAPI operation (the latter under Windows vista and 7). Windows and Mac drivers are already available. Very high precision, very low phase noise (jitter) crystal oscillators are used. To further improve their performance, they have a dedicated shunt voltage regulator which ensures a very low noise and spurious-free supply. hiFace Evo is powered by an external power supply (not included), to avoid the dirty USB bus supply from negatively affecting hiFace Evo’s performance. Linear regulators are used all around, to allow all jitter-sensitive digital circuits to operate at their best. Also, a low-pass filter is provided at supply input to further reduce any bad influence from the supply. hiFace Evo can be powered by an external wall adapter (9V 1A will fit), or with a 9V alkaline battery, or with a 7.2V/10.8V Lythium battery. Several outputs are available at the same time: coax on RCA, coax on true 75 Ohms BNC, AES/EBU on male XLR, optical on Toslink™ (Toslink™ is guaranteed to operate up to 96kHz, though we got operation up to 176.4kHz on certain setups), optical on ST (for high-speed operation up to 192kHz and up to 1.6km or 1 mile), straight I2S for direct connection to DIY DACs on RJ-45 (NOT plug-in compatible with NorthStar products!). All outputs, except straight I2S, are galvanically isolated (coax and AES/EBU via a pulse transformer). AES/EBU output can be set to professional or consumer mode by an internal jumper. In addition, an input for an external clock is available, for those who have a extremely precise and stable clock generator to be used with hiFace Evo. hiFace evo automatically recognizes the presence of the clock on its input and switches on it whenever available. This input is also galvanically isolated via a pulse transformer. Three LEDs indicate power, external clock presence and incoming data from the PC. Connection to the PC is via a type B female USB connector.

FEATURES

LOW JITTER, LOW PHASE NOISE, HIGH STABILITY OSCILLATORS Most audio interfaces and USB-provided DACs refer the data stream clock to the same USB interface clock, that often suffers a very heavy jitter (short range oscillator frequency variations). Thanks to two quartz precision oscillators used on M2Tech hiFace, clock source for output data stream features a very low jitter. A more stable clock is recovered by DAC S/PDIF receiver; a low jitter produces a very limited sound image distortion and degradation. Phase noise (main responsible for jitter) is also very low: this guarantees a short and long range clock stability, also reinforced by a board supply voltage regulation (e.g. at environmental temperature stability is 2-5ppm approximately, compared to 50-100ppm performed by oscillators normally used on commercial CD players).

Link:  http://www.m2tech.biz/it/evo.html

« Last Edit: 7 Dec 2016, 12:34 pm by pgbcincy »

pgbcincy

bump