What is the WORST song you've ever heard?

rodge827

Re: What is the WORST song you've ever heard?
« Reply #40 on: 28 Jul 2014, 12:05 am »
We Built this City - Starship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1b8AhIsSYQ

Was over some friends last night and "We Built this City"  came on, everyone was rockin to it, I wanted to barff!

Here's another one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7Z-eUmR2bM

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
« Reply #41 on: 28 Jul 2014, 12:54 am »
Anything by Neil Young,  hey hey my my,,,, I mean what the f/$& was that all about?
Dylan... WTF.

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
« Reply #42 on: 28 Jul 2014, 11:53 am »

Loves me the Bobster so don't go hatin' on Dylan but his Christmas in the Heart album was a real eye opener ... or perhaps an ear closer. More specifically, his "I'll be Home for Christmas" seems more like a threat than anything else.

Bob2

« Reply #43 on: 28 Jul 2014, 12:22 pm »
Kenneth,
For me in regards to Dylan I just don't get it!
I also think I am the only person that  feels that way.
I see all the love for Dylan and that's cool...

jimdgoulding

« Reply #44 on: 28 Jul 2014, 12:42 pm »
I think anything by Tiny Tim qualifies, but, of course, that is not serious music.  I'm not a fan of light opera.  Gilbert & Sullivan, for example, tho me mom was a fan.  Like her best friend, I like the tragic stuff.  Whatever it was I must not have listened to it long enough to remember.  The album "Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere" by Neil Young was a real ear opener and a stunner for me soes I have to disagree with Bobby.  He introduced young rock & rollers to improvisation like noboby in that genre before him at least that I've heard.       

schw06

« Reply #45 on: 28 Jul 2014, 01:04 pm »
I'm going with "Pants on the Ground" by Larry Platt during the American idol audition. My poor wife got stuck sitting next to him on a cross country flight a few years ago and apparently he wouldn't stop singing it out loud for the entire 5 hour flight. Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMwhl4IrPNc
David

jsm71

Songs with excessive repitition
« Reply #46 on: 28 Jul 2014, 01:09 pm »
"Hair of the Dog" from Nazareth ("Now you're messing with a son of a bitch").  "Coconut" by Harry Nilsson (Lime and the coconut) is right up there but much easier to listen to because it's kind of snappy.

jsm71

« Reply #47 on: 28 Jul 2014, 01:12 pm »
I can't stomach Dylan either.

NIGHTFALL1970

« Reply #48 on: 28 Jul 2014, 01:27 pm »
I think Dylan is a good song writer (ie all along the watchtower) but I think his voice sounds like a garbage disposal.

Bob2

« Reply #49 on: 28 Jul 2014, 02:58 pm »
Neil Young was a real ear opener and a stunner for me soes I have to disagree with Bobby
That's cool! I realize I'm in the minority when it comes to liking many tunes and artists.

I think Dylan is a good song writer
I agree on that!

I think the tune I like least is LA woman..... (hope I can take the heat on this one  :o)

Actually since stumbling onto this site I have learned to like much more music than previously.

With the help of Doc, Rockadanny,  Pumpkinman and many others I have found some great music!! WooHoo!

watercourse

« Reply #50 on: 28 Jul 2014, 03:33 pm »
What's up? - 4 Non Blondes

http://youtu.be/6NXnxTNIWkc

When it came out, I worked constructuon and I could hear that chorus even through jack hammering and driving pile, yes, through ear protection. Abysmal song.

NIGHTFALL1970

« Reply #51 on: 28 Jul 2014, 03:59 pm »
Watercourse,
I think you just brought this thread to a new all-time low!  Excuse me while I go hang myself!

GT Audio Works

« Reply #52 on: 28 Jul 2014, 04:07 pm »
What's up? - 4 Non Blondes

http://youtu.be/6NXnxTNIWkc

When it came out, I worked constructuon and I could hear that chorus even through jack hammering and driving pile, yes, through ear protection. Abysmal song.
Loved that song !!! Funny... one mans poison is another mans wine.

Mike Nomad

« Reply #53 on: 28 Jul 2014, 04:16 pm »
Puberty Love (sung by) Matt Cameron

Emil

« Reply #54 on: 28 Jul 2014, 04:52 pm »

"I love Rock n Roll" by Joan Jett.

Yuck :D

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #55 on: 28 Jul 2014, 05:09 pm »
Kenneth,
For me in regards to Dylan I just don't get it!
I also think I am the only person that  feels that way.
I see all the love for Dylan and that's cool...
The prob w/Mr.Zimmerman is his funny voice, the south accent and that annoying harmonica:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHSWiatjMkk

BobRex

« Reply #56 on: 28 Jul 2014, 05:15 pm »
I'm never ever, ever, ever,ever,ever,ever,ever,...EVER, gonna get back together, ever,.....

Next time I fall in love, it will be with the long legged Swedish blonde, with the big rack, who doesn't know the meaning of no.  (no wait, that's not right.... :lol:)

Anything by Steve Perry.

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
« Reply #57 on: 28 Jul 2014, 06:18 pm »
I think Dylan is a good song writer (ie all along the watchtower) but I think his voice sounds like a garbage disposal.
It was never about his voice...or his guitar playing...or his harmonica playing.

Doc

David C

• Don't try and lay no boogie woogie on the king
« Reply #58 on: 28 Jul 2014, 06:24 pm »
Mr Zimmerman speaks directly to my heart and soul. He is my favourite and I've been able to pass that on to my kids (age 25 and 23)

Blood  on the Tracks is my fav

mix4fix

• Facilitator
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« Reply #59 on: 28 Jul 2014, 06:33 pm »
You guys have no taste in music. You can't hate on the 80s.

You do realize that life is not just staring like a zombie at a high end setup listening to perfected music that no emotion? Life is listening to Motorhead in your car on the way home from work while you air guitar. Life is standing in a towel in front of a mirror after a shower singing "Funky Town" while using a toothbrush as a microphone. Life is dancing like an idiot in your living room to "I Like To Move It" because some cable channel is repeating "Madagascar". Life is.....

...emotion.