iPhone 6 & 6+ Size

loving_it

Re: iPhone 6 & 6+ Size
« Reply #20 on: 20 Sep 2014, 04:57 pm »
After using the 6 for a day it is plenty big for me. It's so big i feel a little embarrassed pulling it out. I can't imagine having the plus. Great upgrade for me from the 5.

I went to get the new iphone yesterday and all they had in was 16gb , I wanted 2 of the 128gb so I had to order them .
I could not imagine holding the plus  wow  .  We have the 5s now but they are 16gb only and we need more storage or I probably would of just
kept the 5s.

Did you go from a 5s to the 6 ? if so which did you like better   

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #21 on: 20 Sep 2014, 06:19 pm »
After using the 6 for a day it is plenty big for me. It's so big i feel a little embarrassed pulling it out. I can't imagine having the plus. Great upgrade for me from the 5.

Good input Guf, I haven't had a chance to look at them yet. I really want the plus but too big in too big, I just want to be able to read what's on it.

mr_bill

« Reply #22 on: 20 Sep 2014, 06:24 pm »
I'm getting the plus.
A shade bigger than the Galaxy - perfect.

Bemopti123

« Reply #23 on: 20 Sep 2014, 06:26 pm »
The ordering menus at the Apple store were terrible on the preorder date.  It gave me no option to carry on with my grandfathered ATT data, thus I had to head to the ATT online store and place an order for a 6 + 64GB which seems to me the most desirable size.....  But lo and behold, these imbeciles put the ship date from 21-29 business days from the 12 of september....  When I got an update, it will ship on the first week of November.  That tells you how messed up was Apple at providing sufficient units for its partners, NOT. 

Anyway, I can wait.  BUT, why do I suspect that the 6 + will be too large for most things?  I bit the bullet and bought it and now, it is too late to back out of it.  Perhaps the Regular 6 would have been good enough. 

:duh:

ctviggen

« Reply #24 on: 20 Sep 2014, 09:18 pm »
The ordering menus at the Apple store were terrible on the preorder date.  It gave me no option to carry on with my grandfathered ATT data, thus I had to head to the ATT online store and place an order for a 6 + 64GB which seems to me the most desirable size.....  But lo and behold, these imbeciles put the ship date from 21-29 business days from the 12 of september....  When I got an update, it will ship on the first week of November.  That tells you how messed up was Apple at providing sufficient units for its partners, NOT. 

Anyway, I can wait.  BUT, why do I suspect that the 6 + will be too large for most things?  I bit the bullet and bought it and now, it is too late to back out of it.  Perhaps the Regular 6 would have been good enough. 

:duh:

No, the old iPhone's screen is tiny.  I have an Android phone and a Windows phone, and once you have a larger screen, you can't go back.

harri009

• Industry Participant
« Reply #25 on: 21 Sep 2014, 01:09 am »
But lo and behold, these imbeciles put the ship date from 21-29 business days from the 12 of september....  When I got an update, it will ship on the first week of November.  That tells you how messed up was Apple at providing sufficient units for its partners, NOT. 

If it makes you feel better I preordered my 6+ 32gb at 4:30am on 9/12 from apples online store and received a date of Oct 24th

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #26 on: 21 Sep 2014, 10:59 am »
6 vs. 6+ is a one hand versus two hand decision (as the plus is too big to fully use with one hand, unless you palmed basketballs by age 12).  And what size pockets/purse do you have (because there's no way you want to have the plus hanging off your belt waiting to get picked, fall off, or get caught on everything).

RPM123

« Reply #27 on: 28 Sep 2014, 02:28 am »

Funny, I felt the same way, but now that I have had the 6 for a week and when I held a 6+, it did not seem all that large. Perhaps in another year, I might go for the 6S+.  :wink: I think incremental size changes are easier to adapt to, than larger ones.

DeanChat

« Reply #28 on: 30 Sep 2014, 05:25 am »
For use as an audio player, doesn't the size of the 6 or 6+ make it kind of obtrusive?  I have an iphone 5 and I still don't like it because I think it's too big.  The 6 and 6+ look gargantuan.

dmccombs

« Reply #29 on: 23 Oct 2014, 05:21 am »
To tie this thread into audio...  I like the 6 Plus over the earlier phones because the Remote App for iTunes is much easier to read now.  :green:

Phil A

« Reply #30 on: 23 Oct 2014, 01:50 pm »
I looked at them.  The 6+ is just too big for me to carry as a telephone (I don't do the belt clip thing and it looks way too big doing that too at least to me).  So when my upgrade is due in just under 3 months, I'll be getting the 6 and going to order cases for it in the interim.