Shortages in... UPDATE...

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Shortages in... UPDATE...
« on: 7 May 2014, 09:53 pm »
my basic parts and pieces are here again and they are getting harder and harder to find - more expensive when I do.   :(

Pretty much everything is back in stock and I am shipping product in the order of placement.  Thank you all for everything!

During the last month and a half I have lost all local supply for Pass & Seymour.  I use these in my BUSS-Line extensively.  All of the local suppliers are OOB or iffy on pricing to me.  I'm getting saddened by hearing "The number has been disconnected.  The New Economy   :roll: 

I do my very best to keep costs down so I can pass low prices along to my customers.  I can't tolerate a 50% price increase in any materials.

Furutech is spotty again and my distributors online stock menu is not always correct.

When I let my stocks dwndle because of the surgery that won't happen I had no idea that things would be this hard to get re-stocked.  I continue to be naiive and expect the best... I should ne better.

Please stay tuned for updates.

Dave
« Last Edit: 28 May 2014, 04:40 am by dBe »

rogerdn

Re: Shortages in...
« Reply #1 on: 8 May 2014, 01:13 am »
Sorry to hear Dave.

Cheeseboy

« Reply #2 on: 8 May 2014, 01:40 am »
www.alibaba.com all the good electrical you need direct from china. If its made here that's a different story. 

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #3 on: 8 May 2014, 02:16 am »
Here's hoping that an AC'er with a good line on what you need reaches out to you.  :beer:

It's great to hear you're chomping at the bit to build gear, Dave.  :thumb:

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #4 on: 8 May 2014, 02:35 am »
I'm pretty set in my ways.  Everything that goes into one of my products has been chosen for sonics.  I spent (spend) a lot of time and money determining just the right part for a job.

The search continues.  It's all good.  Just another typical hurdle for a small, sort, bald, fat, business man.

:thumb:

gregcss

« Reply #5 on: 8 May 2014, 02:31 pm »
Sorry to hear. How does this impact orders already placed?

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #6 on: 8 May 2014, 03:45 pm »
Sorry to hear. How does this impact orders already placed?
I'm scrambling to get the 5362A receptacles.  I ordered some at exorbitant prices to meet the current (pun?) need.  They should be here Monday ... I think.  The notice I put up here is to serve as a global alert on what is up.  Time is always critical for me -  too many things going on.  This is a time economy announcement.  I have a bunch of Furutech OTW.

Hang in there, everyone.

Dave

Doublej

« Reply #7 on: 8 May 2014, 10:34 pm »
How much do you typically pay for them and what is the exorbitant price you are now paying?

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #8 on: 8 May 2014, 11:58 pm »
How much do you typically pay for them and what is the exorbitant price you are now paying?
Since I am pretty much an open book in my pricing here you go:

I have been buying P&S 5362ABK from Gexpro in Albuquerque for $13.75 ea.  I sell these cryoed for $25.00.  They sound amazing for the price.  I have ordered quite a few at $23.19 to try to fill existing orders.  Sucks.  I work on a very low profit margin building the very best product that I can.  That's why my $1100.00 UberBUSS kicks the crap out of some very high price power conditioners in SQ.  I work (slowly - at best) carefully to produce the best sounding product that I can to serve a real world market and still make a living.  I don't plan on getting rich in this wacky business.  That is for other people.

I had no idea that Gexpro was going to drop the line.  The other local suppliers of P&S/LeGrande have vanished... numbers disconnected,,,  I have calls and emails into what are supposed to be regional distributors/wholesalers and have heard nothing back from the sales reps that are supposed to "service" this region.  I can't even buy the P&S 5362 Spec Grade receptacles that I use as standard fitment on the BUSSes locally.

I am either going to have to go to the next best thing for the BUSS-Line or increase my pricing to cover manufacturing costs.  I have sucked it up and absorbed too much in the cost increase continuum that exists.  I can't keep building what I build for the $$$ any longer.  If I weren't the picky bastard that I am it would be easy................................... ....................................... ....... .

Oh yeah.  Shipping options suck, too.  USPS is the least expensive way for me to ship.  2 Day Priority Mail?  Ha!  Not in my universe... 

I have a package  that was shipped to Sweden on April 7 that has not cleared customs yet.  It is one of the beta versions of the upcoming hum elimnators that I have in development.  Sweden's power grid evidently sucks with a lot of DC on the lines.  Our grid is becoming more infected with DC, too.  I would really like to get some feedback on how that product will work in a higher voltage / lower current application.  My customer would like his piece.  I am building a new one to replace that one... that will be shipped the same way....

Rant over.  You asked what time it is.  I built you a watch.  Sorry... :slap:

Dave

Doublej

« Reply #9 on: 9 May 2014, 03:20 am »
Are these what you are looking for? $14.13 plus $25 off $150 order - code PRIZE

http://www.zoro.com/g/Straight%20Blade%20Receptacle/00010975/None

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #10 on: 9 May 2014, 04:05 am »
Are these what you are looking for? $14.13 plus $25 off $150 order - code PRIZE

http://www.zoro.com/g/Straight%20Blade%20Receptacle/00010975/None
Yeah, kinda.  I have been stuck on black, but now? Not so much.

Duh.

Thanks to you, Jay, Occam and others that pulled my head out of my butt,  I went through ebay like Sherman through Georgia.  I bought all of the brown and almond ones I could find except for the tail wired versions.  I needed to change my head out of the "buy local" mindset.

Thanks, guys.

Dave

Doublej

« Reply #11 on: 9 May 2014, 10:54 am »
Props for buying local if you can but there's no reason you should feel guilty about globally sourcing your parts to keep yourself in business!

WireNut

« Reply #12 on: 9 May 2014, 11:01 am »
Hi Dbe,

I was thinking about purchasing a Blue Circle audio Peed Al Sea Thingee Power Conditioner in the future but I recently read about your minibuss here on AC and was wondering how they differ/compare  :scratch:

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #13 on: 9 May 2014, 11:48 pm »
Hi Dbe,

I was thinking about purchasing a Blue Circle audio Peed Al Sea Thingee Power Conditioner in the future but I recently read about your minibuss here on AC and was wondering how they differ/compare  :scratch:
The short answer is: I have no idea.  :dunno:

Beyond that I have some observations on Blue Circle in general:

I met Gilbert Yeung at RMAF a few years ago and he seems like a very nice, knowledgeable man.  I was flying incognito (badge upside down), but I have no doubt that he is what he seems to be.  One of the good guys.

I like their products.  I don't own any, but that does not imply a lack of faith. He and I are business owners and we do our own things.

I have heard them in use and they work well.  I have an idea as to what Gilbert is doing in there, but it is just speculation on my end... so I won't.  Wouldn't anyway  :D

He may have, maybe... (!?) the BUSSes beat on the ugly, strangely techie and humorously ingenious end of the equation.  I roll on black paint reasonably well.  They have PVC and silicon down to a sculpture that appeals to the geek in me.

The best way to find out is to try each one in your own setting with the pressure off.  I offer a 30 day 100% moneyback guarantee (including shipping) that is a no-brainer to use.  You can just let me know that you don't want it like 0.3% of my customers have done and the money is back to you.   :thumb:

Email Blue Circle bcircle@bluecircle.com and see/hear what they can do for you.  Do a comparo.  Write a review.

I am a firm believer that competition breeds better products from people and companies that care.  It's all good.

Dave

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #14 on: 10 May 2014, 12:23 am »
The short answer is: I have no idea.  :dunno:

Beyond that I have some observations on Blue Circle in general:

I met Gilbert Yeung at RMAF a few years ago and he seems like a very nice, knowledgeable man.  I was flying incognito (badge upside down), but I have no doubt that he is what he seems to be.  One of the good guys.

I like their products.  I don't own any, but that does not imply a lack of faith. He and I are business owners and we do our own things.

I have heard them in use and they work well.  I have an idea as to what Gilbert is doing in there, but it is just speculation on my end... so I won't.  Wouldn't anyway  :D

He may have, maybe... (!?) the BUSSes beat on the ugly, strangely techie and humorously ingenious end of the equation.  I roll on black paint reasonably well.  They have PVC and silicon down to a sculpture that appeals to the geek in me.

The best way to find out is to try each one in your own setting with the pressure off.  I offer a 30 day 100% moneyback guarantee (including shipping) that is a no-brainer to use.  You can just let me know that you don't want it like 0.3% of my customers have done and the money is back to you.   :thumb:

Email Blue Circle bcircle@bluecircle.com and see/hear what they can do for you.  Do a comparo.  Write a review.

I am a firm believer that competition breeds better products from people and companies that care.  It's all good.

Dave
Now that's a professional response.   :thumb:   I sure would like to know how they compare too.

WireNut

« Reply #15 on: 10 May 2014, 05:16 am »
Dbe,

How would you feel about doing a tour of your MiniBUSS for folks here on AC?
Maybe ten people max.

I for one, have a lot of cash and 30+ years invested in my system, but I've never tried any power conditioners thinking that a preamp change or a power amp change would be money better spent, and yeah, more exciting. Still, it's tough for me to drop money on a power conditioner never hearing the benefits of one.

Honestly, I'd like to have two power conditioners in my system because I have 6 components on 2 independent power lines with no filtering at all.

A tour of one or two Minibuss's may open my eyes as well as others to the need for power conditioning.

Hell, I'm even willing to donate $30 bucks to a tour fund just for your trouble   :thumb:

I'm pretty happy with my system, but the one thing I lack, is power conditioning.

Steve

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #16 on: 10 May 2014, 06:42 am »
Dbe,

How would you feel about doing a tour of your MiniBUSS for folks here on AC?
Maybe ten people max.

I for one, have a lot of cash and 30+ years invested in my system, but I've never tried any power conditioners thinking that a preamp change or a power amp change would be money better spent, and yeah, more exciting. Still, it's tough for me to drop money on a power conditioner never hearing the benefits of one.

Honestly, I'd like to have two power conditioners in my system because I have 6 components on 2 independent power lines with no filtering at all.

A tour of one or two Minibuss's may open my eyes as well as others to the need for power conditioning.

Hell, I'm even willing to donate $30 bucks to a tour fund just for your trouble   :thumb:

I'm pretty happy with my system, but the one thing I lack, is power conditioning.

Steve
Steve,

Let me tell you how I feel about tours.  I have tried three times in the past and been burned on the tour or participation by a few members.  They have poisoned the well for me.  I still have over $1K in cables out there somewhere.  The CD tour ended up being a non sequitur because of the abuse the discs took that rendered the test worthless.  The interconnect tour never got off of the ground for a bunch of reasons including a few from me.  Running a tour including shipping instructions and directions, collation of responses and data and dealing with all of the attendant time robbing work.

Fool me once, twice, thrice.   :scratch:

I'm going to have to pass on the "tour".  I cannot affort to lose money, product, time or all three in todays' economy.  I'm speaking in generalities.  This is not about you in any way.

When money is secured by a 100% money back guarantee, where is the risk?  There are certaionly plenty of witnesses here. :D

You have no idea what you are missing.

Dave

WireNut

« Reply #17 on: 10 May 2014, 07:00 am »
dbe,

Understood.

Still, I have no idea what power conditioning can do for my system.

Money's tight, Audio's my passion.

I'll be in touch. Might be a month, might be six, but it's in the cards.

Feel free to PM me anytime.

Steve

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #18 on: 10 May 2014, 12:15 pm »
dbe,

Understood.

Still, I have no idea what power conditioning can do for my system.

Money's tight, Audio's my passion.

I'll be in touch. Might be a month, might be six, but it's in the cards.

Feel free to PM me anytime.

Steve
Just get one from Dave and try it. 

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #19 on: 10 May 2014, 12:24 pm »
Dave

While we're at it, should the UberBuss be sent back for any sort of maintenance?  New caps or???