Shout Out To PI Audio and Triode Wire Labs!! (UberBuss, MiniBuss, Mongo, 7 Plus)

paul79

• Industry Participant
I have done a couple deals with Dave as well as Pete. To say that I am very pleased would be a massive under statement..

I have went through the wringer with different power conditioners and isolation transformers. The conditioners I tried did some good for the digital equipment, but killed the amps. The isolation route was better, but still something was missing, and it colored the sound a little too much for my tastes.

I contacted Dave, and he assured me that my system would come alive with an UberBuss. So, I said make me one as good as you can. He loaded it with a powercon inlet and Furrytech outlets. He also threw something in to help isolate one of the recepts for the digital equipment. I also got one of the Mongo power cables as well as Pete's Triode Wire Labs 7 Plus to try.

After installing the Buss, I could immediately tell it was special. It did one thing, and did it better than anything else I have tried. Noise in my system fell like a sink hole. Things came alive, and it did in no way color the sound or rob dynamics. Dynamics actually improved across the board. Think of this as a system upgrade. You will not know what it is capable of till you get the noise out of the equation. Particularly digital equipment. I find that it thrives on clean power to make right. I'll even go as far as saying that the UberBuss will do no wrong to any system, only improve it.

Trying the Mongo first, I found this cable to be utterly transparent, very dynamic, with no color. This is the closest to no cable I have ever heard. So clear and transparent are what it does. It tells you what you have in the system perfectly.

Pete's cable is also exemplary. It pulls off the smooth yet detailed thing better than anything else I have tried, and that ultra clear transparency is there also. They both soundstage the same and bass slam is also equal. Each of these power cables represent what power cables should be, without all the extra overcharge. I really can't recommend one over the other for the UberBuss... It will boil down to costs and what you are trying to accomplish.

Living with the Uber for close to a year, my components expanded and I needed more outlets. I contacted Dave again and he said the MiniBuss works well plugged into the UberBuss. Providing extra outlets and extra filtering. Taking his word immediately, I had him build me one with a powercon inlet and more Furrytech recepts. I have now had that for a few days, and all I can say is WOW! I am now using the UberBuss for the amps and all the analog equipment, and the Mini for all the digital stuff. This took the system up yet another few notches making the system quieter yet and much more musical. Still, did not rob dynamics or color the sound in any way. I tried it first with the Mongo feeding the Uber, and the 7 Plus feeding the Mini. This was good. Then I switched the power cables, running the 7 Plus to the Uber, and the Mongo to the Mini. This was a holy shit moment. My digital stuff LOVES the Mongo/MiniBuss combo, and the analog stuff LOVES the 7 Plus/Uberbuss! It was like, Ahhh...

Each step was an improvement with no detriment to the sound in any way. That speaks volumes about this stuff, and I doubt it gets better for any money. Just so very pleased to have found these guys. They helped me make my system sing the way I thought it should.

I have also became great friends with both of these guys and they are both the most honest and fair individuals that I have met, with great sense of humor. They are not in it for the money "only" as far as I am concerned. Weighing the cost to performance, there is no way they can be. They are just a couple good ol boys that I highly recommend dealing with, that sell excellent products. Plain and simple.

They both offer a return policy if you are not satisfied, and I doubt they have had many returns for anything. My system without these products  turn into nearly unlistenable. They are that good.

My system for context:
Powered by PI Audio and Triode Wire Labs
NOS Valves VRD Mono Tube Amps
NOS Valves NBS Tube Preamplifier
Technics SL 1200 MKV Turn Table with Benz Silver HOMC
Bel Canto DAC3.5VB MKII, Reflink USB/SPDIF Converter
Mac Mini (2009) with Amarra and powered by Paul Hynes SR5-18v5 supply
Bel Canto CD3T CD Transport reclocked with Empirical Audio Synchro Mesh
Speakers are Joseph Audio Perspective
« Last Edit: 1 Mar 2014, 07:36 pm by paul79 »

Ern Dog

Nice write up Paul.

I've always wanted to try the Über buss, because of all the + reviews.  Right now I'm using a Running Springs Haley that was a significant improvement over the PS Audio Quintet I had before.  When funds permit, I'd like to get the UB and compare it to the Haley.

BobM

Nice review Paul. Isn't there just something great about audiophiles with technical knowledge and experience who want to just improve things and share it with the rest of the community at a reasonable price, rather than those going into it as just strictly a business model? Their enthusiasm shows in their products and their presence and willingness to present a great product at a reasonable price.

We are all very luck to have these guys as part of our community.

SoCalWJS

Nice write up Paul.

I've always wanted to try the Über buss, because of all the + reviews.  Right now I'm using a Running Springs Haley that was a significant improvement over the PS Audio Quintet I had before.  When funds permit, I'd like to get the UB and compare it to the Haley.
FWIW - after much playing around......

My RSA Haley is providing Conditioned Power to my Plasma TV (Panny ZT 60) and the Uber is taking care of my Stereo rig.  :green:

paul79

• Industry Participant
Thanks guys. Neither of these guys get enough cred at the shows either IMO. With my experiences as a reference, these products are a major part of why the systems that use them sound so good.
« Last Edit: 1 Mar 2014, 01:47 am by paul79 »

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
Thanks, Paul!!!

I think I can speak for Dave when I say that we both have a "passion" for the ultimate fidelity in a hi-fi system... The analogy I sometimes use is from the Kevin Costner line from a Field of Dreams, where he constructed a baseball field in his backyard corn field for "The Love of the Game"... I engineer, experiment & construct audiophile gear for "The Love of the Hobby"...

My $0.02,
Pete

paul79

• Industry Participant
Don't forget, "If you build it, they will come"   :thumb:

DaveBSC

The UberBUSS is one of the best. There are only a very select few in the same league, the Adept Response with Aura-Teflon caps and Ohno leads, and maybe the monster Silver Circle balanced iso tranformers. You're looking at $5K+ for both. Running Springs' Dmitri and Maxim are both a lot more impressive than their entry level Haley, but they are also in that $5K class.

Anything that has separate "high current" outlets you should immediately run away from. That means its a power restricting design. Any line conditioner worth its salt should be capable of delivering a full 15A on any of its outlets. It also usually pays to take a look inside if you can and see what's actually going on in there. A lot of very pricey line conditioners have pretty embarrassing innards under their fancy cases.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
The UberBUSS is one of the best. There are only a very select few in the same league, the Adept Response with Aura-Teflon caps and Ohno leads, and maybe the monster Silver Circle balanced iso tranformers. You're looking at $5K+ for both. Running Springs' Dmitri and Maxim are both a lot more impressive than their entry level Haley, but they are also in that $5K class.

Anything that has separate "high current" outlets you should immediately run away from. That means its a power restricting design. Any line conditioner worth its salt should be capable of delivering a full 15A on any of its outlets. It also usually pays to take a look inside if you can and see what's actually going on in there. A lot of very pricey line conditioners have pretty embarrassing innards under their fancy cases.

Thanks.

That type of construction is exactly why I developed the BUSSes.

Many years of trying to find power conditioning that:
Did not limit dynamics, but unleashed the energy present in many recordings
Was essentially transparent
Was reliable as a rock
And...
Get back to the SOURCE
Led me to them.

With a return rate of less than 0.3% I guess I dun gud.

Dave

paul79

• Industry Participant
You sure did! :thumb:

xsb7244

The only thing better than the UberBuss, the P.I. audio group THE AUDIBLE DIFFERENCE.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
The only thing better than the UberBuss, the P.I. audio group THE AUDIBLE DIFFERENCE.
That is still in the works and is a joint effort of P.I. audio group and Triode Wire Labs... a Statement piece of audio power filtration.  It will be expensive and worth it.

There are changes in the wind here and I will be letting people know what they are when some things happen.  Time.  It all takes time...

Dave