Paul's SoundScape M7 Monitors - SOLD

jsalk

Paul's SoundScape M7 Monitors - SOLD
« on: 18 Aug 2011, 08:01 pm »
Paul purchased our original pair of SoundScape M7 Monitors.  They were done in black cabinets with pau ferro rosewood front baffles.

Here is a link to the M7 web pages...

http://www.salksound.com/soundscape%20m7%20monitor%20-%20home.htm

Here are some pictures...

Paul upgraded most all of the crossover parts.  He also found some stands for them and had some custom granite pieces cut for them as well.

Recently, Paul experienced some medical problems that are impacting his financial situation.  He asked me to help him sell the speakers.

Here are his comments:

For Sale: Salk Soundscape M7 Monitors

These were purchased 3 months ago and are really starting to settle in. This is Jim Salk’s first official pair and both Jim and Dennis Murphy spent the better part of 3 days working to get the most out of the Bass and get all drivers to integrate perfectly. Being The Reference model it had to be.  See the graph on their web site - “200hz to over 20khz- Ruler Flat” 

I am out of work now and going for my second operation. I have no option but to sell.These loudspeakers are the Best monitors I have Ever had. These have a small foot print, have excellent imaging, and a Very wide soundstage. I have not heard anything close in sound quality even 2x it's cost.

Anyone that knows Salk loudspeakers knows that the Soundscape model is their finest effort. The drivers are some of the best in the world. The design starts with the custom hand-built Raal Ribbon Tweeter.  This is their best Amorphous core which is faster and more articulate than any cone tweeter on the planet, inner detail is second to none.
The Accuton Midrange driver is considered the best in the world by many professionals. This 5" ceramic Midrange driver is hand made in matched pairs in Germany and will flesh out everything that was ever produced in the recording studio. The 7" custom Aluminum woofer is incredibly fast and articulate. This speaker is rear ported and can stop and start on a dime.

A subwoofer is needed only if you need the very lowest of bass since there is solid usable output available into the mid 30hz region.
For the crossover I chose to have the capacitors upgraded to the excellent Auricaps for the Tweeter and Midrange, and the Solens for the Bass, bypassed with the Sonicap Platinum Teflon caps. The Inductors are all Copper foil from Jansen of Denmark and resistors are all Mills 12W.

Parts quality of this caliber you never see until you are spending well over $10k with any commercial brand speaker. Please investigate this for yourself.

The cabinet is very well built and beautifully finished .
The Custom stands are fully adjustable and are by far the best stands I have had out of several commercial brands I had tried and returned. The wood for the stands is Black Walnut that is fully adjustable up to 8 inches of travel, and 1.5" thick Granite bases are 35lbs each. The speaker has a front baffle that is Mexican Cocobolo and is 1.5 inches thick.  The remainder of the speaker is a beautiful satin black. It is 25”H x 9” W x 14” D and weigh 56 lbs each. The frequency response is 42 hz – 60khz.

These also have Herbies footers under the speakers for excellent vibration control and damping as well as the top. I have 2 sets of matching custom made Granite tops for the speakers that Mass load the speaker for even greater resolution. No stone went unturned in this speakers build.

If you are looking for a Reference quality speaker you will find none better at anywhere near this price.  I would like to sell this as a complete unit. New, Soundscape Monitors are $4699.  I upgraded the crossovers, purchased  Custom Audio stands with 2 sets of Granite tops $800. My total investment was $6095.  (Hi rez photos available via email).

$4500 OBO- No Reasonable Offer Refused- Looks and Sounds Excellent.

Thank you,
Paul

Email me at: audioman58 @ live.com

« Last Edit: 1 Sep 2011, 05:09 pm by jsalk »

fine tunes1

Re: Paul's SoundScape M7 Monitors
« Reply #1 on: 19 Aug 2011, 04:55 pm »
TheSalk Soundscape 7 monitors are listed on Audiogon and are priced at $3800for a quick sale.
http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?spkrmoni&1318953764&item

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 19 Aug 2011, 05:34 pm »
TheSalk Soundscape 7 monitors are listed on Audiogon and are priced at $3800for a quick sale.
http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?spkrmoni&1318953764&item
That is a great deal for really beautiful (and I'm sure great sounding as I've heard the Soundscape floorstanders in person).  It's a good thing I don't live closer as I might go over and listen and not be able to walk away.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #3 on: 19 Aug 2011, 06:02 pm »
Oh man!

This is right in my area and would be an easy pickup.

I bet they sound as good or better than how they look!

Just not sure what I would do with them.  :scratch:

George

jsalk

« Reply #4 on: 19 Aug 2011, 07:33 pm »
Paul asked if I would post the following pictures...

This photo shows the front baffle, including the hardwood trim ($300) that Paul forgot to mention.

Here is a picture with the granite pieces he had fabricated to increase the mass of the cabinets...

It also shows the stands.

Finally, he asked me to point out that the capacitors he had installed were $600 and he lowered his asking price to $3800.

- Jim

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #5 on: 19 Aug 2011, 08:00 pm »
I'd buy those immediately if I had the money....like GONE.....Those are all they drivers I dream about...LOL

dakulis

« Reply #6 on: 19 Aug 2011, 08:12 pm »
I'm pretty sure my pau ferro rosewood HT2-TLs would play very nicely as surround backs to these.  I'm also pretty sure my wife would likely kill me if I pulled the trigger.  What to do?  What to do?

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 19 Aug 2011, 08:19 pm »
George, if I still lived in NH I would convince you to buy these  :thumb:

If you told me no way, then I'd buy them myself.   :green:

charmerci

« Reply #8 on: 19 Aug 2011, 09:02 pm »
I'd buy those immediately if I had the money....like GONE.....Those are all they drivers I dream about...LOL

+1  :bawl:

elclein - You could sell a bunch of your headphones!

putz

« Reply #9 on: 20 Aug 2011, 03:26 am »
So who bought em?

Phil A

« Reply #10 on: 20 Aug 2011, 03:44 am »
Oh man!

This is right in my area and would be an easy pickup.

I bet they sound as good or better than how they look!

Just not sure what I would do with them.  :scratch:

George

If they were in my area, I'd go listen to them.  It would night surprise me to end up considering a purchase and selling what I currently use.  Listening is free. 

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #11 on: 20 Aug 2011, 04:11 am »
If they were in my area, I'd go listen to them.  It would night surprise me to end up considering a purchase and selling what I currently use.  Listening is free.

While I have no doubt that they are excellent, they aren't going to replace my current speakers.

Regardless, somebody is going to get a great pair of speakers at a great price.

I wish the seller the best of luck.

George

TJHUB

« Reply #12 on: 20 Aug 2011, 04:58 pm »
So who bought em?

The new owner is a friend of mine.  I saw this thread and emailed him yesterday.  He decided to pick them up.  I can't wait to hear them!!

Warpdrv

• There's NO ESCAPING the SoundScape !!
« Reply #13 on: 20 Aug 2011, 07:32 pm »
The new owner is a friend of mine.  I saw this thread and emailed him yesterday.  He decided to pick them up.  I can't wait to hear them!!

Hey who said we were friends ;)

Looking forward to hearing them. Very excited!!

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #14 on: 20 Aug 2011, 07:58 pm »
Warpdrv has a great pair of speakers now! The Accuton mated with RAAL makes for a great combination!!

funkmonkey

« Reply #15 on: 21 Aug 2011, 04:52 pm »
Congrats Warp!  :thumb: Long time commin'.  Enjoy 'em.

Warpdrv

« Reply #16 on: 23 Aug 2011, 08:58 pm »
Thanks Funk.... 

Now I guess I'll have to find a new Center Channel as well.... 

Can't Swing the matching SS CC's size  - so I'll have to see... perhaps the HT2c with RAAL... 

funkmonkey

« Reply #17 on: 24 Aug 2011, 02:14 am »
ask Jim, maybe he can whip up a SSSC (?)  [SoundScape Surround Center]  or a SS CC mini?  :wink:

Warpdrv

« Reply #18 on: 24 Aug 2011, 03:20 pm »
Yeah, I think I may just go with the HT2c with RAAL....

Should be more then adequate for my needs - plus, they are already in existence and won't take any more time to design.
Would be faster on the delivery front.

Still waiting on Jim to respond to my email.

dakulis

« Reply #19 on: 30 Aug 2011, 08:56 pm »
Grats man,

You pulled the trigger just in time.  I had a friend convinced to buy them and when to Audiogon, they were gone.  LOL.  Very nice new speakers.  Give us a review when they settle in.

Dave