New UberBUSS w/ Pass & Seymour upgrade Owner!

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
New UberBUSS w/ Pass & Seymour upgrade Owner!
« on: 9 May 2014, 05:31 am »
As soon as I got home and collected my mail, I unpacked my new UberBUSS and plugged it into the wall with my TWL 10+ PC. Dave, I know you said it needs to break in and that it would sound 'cruddy' until after 'x' hours of burn in......but honestly, Dave......

IF THIS IS CRUDDY, I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR GREAT!!!  :inlove: :thankyou: I've had it running for approximately 6 hours now. I think it's the same now as it was 6 hours ago, but how can I compare my memory to what is coming out now?

After playing a song or two, I shut down my source and cranked up the volume to the highest my amplifier has ever been only to hear the slightest bit of....of what? a sliver of white noise, of fuzz. Mind you, that volume level would no doubt kill my speakers and destroy my hearing if music were blasting through.

Is this the darkness, the black that I keep reading about? Have I attained audio nirvana? I can cease searching for the next pair of speakers; I can fore go buying a Fet Valve 400R? Really?

I sure had to wait for this puppy, but I can say that it was worth it. My hat is off to you, Dave. :thumb:

Thanks!

Ern Dog

Re: New UberBUSS w/ Pass & Seymour upgrade Owner!
« Reply #1 on: 9 May 2014, 05:36 am »
What kind of conditioner were you using before?

mresseguie

« Reply #2 on: 9 May 2014, 05:41 am »
I've only got fuzz on top, so I don't need to use conditioner.  :lol:

There was no conditioner before.  :o

I won't be able to instal the new 'extra' Pass & Seymour receptacle in my wall for about three weeks--too many things are happening right now. The old receptacle in the wall now is the old cheapie the contractors installed when the house was built 20 years ago. Geez. What a difference!
« Last Edit: 9 May 2014, 03:09 pm by mresseguie »

Captainhemo

« Reply #3 on: 9 May 2014, 06:24 am »
Congrats man  :thumb:
Pretty amazing huh ?   With the results I   got from the Minibuss,  I can't imagine    the effect of the Uber.  Enjoy all that "new" music

-jay

WireNut

« Reply #4 on: 9 May 2014, 10:22 am »

Pretty amazing huh ?   With the results I   got from the Minibuss,  I can't imagine    the effect of the Uber.  Enjoy all that "new" music

-jay

Hmmm Minibuss  :idea:
Maybe I should get one of those instead of Blue Circle audio's Peed Al Sea Thingee Power Conditioner   :dunno:

mresseguie

« Reply #5 on: 9 May 2014, 03:22 pm »

-jay

Jay,

If my memory of what Dave told me isn't totally shot, you probably can imagine the UberBUSS' impact. Just add another 15%-20%(?) impact to your MiniBUSS and you get the Uber. It's not as though they occupy opposite ends of the spectrum. I had originally decided to buy the miniBUSS, but decided I was tired of buying '2nd best' equipment [Sorry, Dave.] every time I upgraded old equipment. I didn't want to suffer the "How would it have sounded if only I had bought the best one?" trap.

One of these days I'm going to hook up my HT system to this puppy to see what impact it has. Frankly, the HT has more noise than even my bedroom system which is old or dying equipment (sans the LGK 1.0 speakers).

Captainhemo

« Reply #6 on: 9 May 2014, 04:12 pm »
Hmmm Minibuss  :idea:
Maybe I should get one of those instead of Blue Circle audio's Peed Al Sea Thingee Power Conditioner   :dunno:

WireNut,
I have not  used  the Blue Circle audio's Peed Al Sea Thingee Power Conditioner so I can  not   give you  a direct comparison  between it and the Mini .  But I can say  everything in my  review of the Mini  still stands.   I'm still  stunned at the  improvement it has made to my system.
 That was my reason for the  statement above wehn I said  I couldn't imagine the impact a Uber would hve made

Truely amazing  products and that Mini is just outstanding  bang for the buck

-jay

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #7 on: 10 May 2014, 12:02 am »

Is this the darkness, the black that I keep reading about? Have I attained audio nirvana? I can cease searching for the next pair of speakers; I can fore go buying a Fet Valve 400R? Really?

I sure had to wait for this puppy, but I can say that it was worth it. My hat is off to you, Dave. :thumb:

Thanks!
Total darkness reveals even the smallest light.  I'm still working on the "total" end of the deal.  Perhaps someday.

Mike, thank you for the review.  I especially love it when exciitement is involved.

Slow, I admit.  Old men only move so fast. (imagine and old geezer with a walker icon here) 

I'm glad you are happy.  Have you gotten Pete's cables yet?  If not... it gets better.  :o

Dave

mresseguie

« Reply #8 on: 10 May 2014, 05:51 pm »
Pete's speaker cables and RCA connectors ought to arrive next Thursday--just in time for my road trip to Utah, Arizona (Grand Canyon) and Nevada.  :duh:

I'm looking forward to them.