A Selection of Analogue Eric Bibb

WG

A Selection of Analogue Eric Bibb
« on: 29 Nov 2013, 06:05 pm »
In checking Opus3 site, I found "A Selection of Analogue Eric Bibb" in both DSD64 & 128. However, after purchasing in 128, I have not yet been able to download, getting an error report.  I have replied to DSDFile.com on the issue.  I have not had this issue on previous purchases prior.  I am pumped for this recording.  I was highly impressed with the samplers and long been a fan of Eric Bibb.

Will

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: A Selection of Analogue Eric Bibb
« Reply #1 on: 29 Nov 2013, 06:16 pm »
Yes, let us know.  The DSD128 Eric Bibb stuff is amazing (via the samplers).

WG

« Reply #2 on: 29 Nov 2013, 06:57 pm »
I received a reply and link now fixed and download started.  Unfortunately, I have a slow connection and will be some time before it is completely downloaded.  There are 18 songs and the zip file is large, 3.95 GB for the 128 version. 

Will

WG

« Reply #3 on: 30 Nov 2013, 04:20 pm »
As to be expected, two of the songs are from the two Opus Samplers.  Recordings are very full and rich.  Selections have some Blues, rural nostalgia, and spiritual leanings.  My only DSD 128 recordings are from Opus--DSDFile.com.  All are terrific, with a sense of immersion and intimacy. I cannot compare these recordings in DSD 64 since I did not purchase them.  I have other DSD 64 recordings, but I am still pretty new at this.  I don't know if it is the mastery of Opus or the refinement of DSD 128 or combo, but these recordings are very special.   Recommended.

Will

scorpion

« Reply #4 on: 5 Dec 2013, 10:30 pm »
Here is a link to a fairly recent interview with Jan Eric Persson, the whole Opus 3 company: http://inner-magazines.com/news/56/80/Ja/ . At the end I think he is hinting at the beginning DSD development.

There is a new record from Opus3 with Mattias Wager playing on the organ in Stockholm City Hall, famous for the Nobel Prize Banquet to be held in a couple of days. This organ is one of the biggest in Europe and last time I met Jan Eric he told me that he planned to do this recording direct in DSD. Evidently this was to challenging so it was Yamina instead.

/Erling