SOLD! - Omega Super Alnico Monitors,with Skylan Stands & Free Shipping!

rebbi

Hi, Folks,

I have a stunning pair of Omega Super Alnico monitors for sale. They are finished in real zebra wood veneer and look amazing. Louis of Omega is a master craftsman and the finish on these really is "furniture grade." Along with the speakers, I am bundling a pair of custom made, 20-inch, Skylan four-post stands, including the Q-Bricks vibration damping devices.

These are the very newest iteration of these classic speakers, with Supra (from Sweden) internal wiring, the new, Omega "coin" logo, and the rounded magnetic grills.

I bought these last summer directly from Louis Chochos of Omega - who is one of the kindest, sweetest and most customer oriented people in the audio business.

These speakers are mesmerizingly musical. They are startlingly coherent, image like nothing else I've heard, throw an enormous and deeply layered soundstage and are very very "fast" - the attack and decay of acoustic guitar strings, for example, is quite sublime. They make music that you can get lost in. And forget the stereotype that single-driver speakers are only good with "girl with guitar" music. The Super Alnico monitors can rock and do orchestral music, too - trust me.   :D

Okay, you ask, so why am I selling?

In short, for some reason that I can't track down, they are not at their best with my amp, an Audio Note Kits "Kit 1." The tonal balance is off on some of my recordings, and my time and energy for figuring out why the amp and the Omega's aren't completely happy together is limited. So, with real regret, I'm moving on.

These speakers retail for $1995 per pair, and the Skylan custom stands set me back just about $400. I am offering the pair at $1700, including shipping to the lower 48 States, which is a steal. I am essentially knocking $300 off the cost of the speakers and throwing in these first-rate  stands for free.

The condition of the cabinets is as new, and I'll ship them in the original cartons. The Skylan stands are flawless and will also ship, disassembled, in their original carton.

There is a tiny scuff on the very outer rim of the whizzer cone on one of the drivers. You'd never notice it if I didn't point it out, but I am an honest seller and believe in total disclosure. One of the original drivers of my new speakers was trashed by FedEx in transit. When I was installing the replacement driver from Louis in the cabinet (a totally mechanical procedure which involves no soldering or major surgery) my thumb brushed the outer edge of the whizzer cone, leaving a little abrasion. You my just be able to see it  at around 11 o'clock on the whizzer cone in the close-up picture. It really is tiny. Louis assures me that this doesn't affect the sound in any way.

Please PM me with any questions or interest.

Thanks for looking!

« Last Edit: 4 Dec 2015, 01:33 pm by rebbi »

MarkR7

Wow, smoking hot deal here folks! Someone jump on this! I would have if this was 6 mos. earlier, and I didn't already have my Super Alnico monitors.

No affiliation with the seller; just a very happy Omega user!

Sure could use those stands though!  :green:

rebbi

Wow, smoking hot deal here folks! Someone jump on this! I would have if this was 6 mos. earlier, and I didn't already have my Super Alnico monitors.

No affiliation with the seller; just a very happy Omega user!

Sure could use those stands though!  :green:

"Smoking hot," indeed!  :lol:

Let me add that I will consider splitting up the stands and the monitors if I get two separate, concurrent buyers. In that case, speakers go for $1600 (about a $400 savings) and stands for $250 (about a $130 savings). Still a great deal!   :thumb:  And shipping still included.

Vlad

Ultralight

This is a SUPERB deal.  If I had the funds, I'd love to have stretched for it. I'm sure it'll move quickly.

UL

roscoe65