can't play any videos get "plug-in error"

NIGHTFALL1970

can't play any videos get "plug-in error"
« on: 14 Apr 2014, 12:00 pm »
For the last couple days I suddenly can't play any videos on my 6 yr old imac.  I go to Abode's website and download the newest version of flashplayer (13.0) and then I still get "plug-in error".  I follow the help suggestions on their site and nothing fixes it.  Anyone else have this problem?

lextek

Re: can't play any videos get "plug-in error"
« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 2014, 10:36 am »
Same here.  Get "plug-in failure".

Doublej

« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2014, 11:26 am »
Works fine on my Windows machine  :lol:

and on my imac too(Flash 13.0.0.201). I would downgrade to the prior version of Flash and the try again when there's a newer release of Flash or an update from Apple.

lextek

« Reply #3 on: 19 Apr 2014, 11:30 am »
Works fine on my Windows machine  :lol:

and on my imac too(Flash 13.0.0.201). I would downgrade to the prior version of Flash and the try again when there's a newer release of Flash or an update from Apple.
Thanks.  Where could I find the an older Flash version?

NIGHTFALL1970

« Reply #4 on: 19 Apr 2014, 11:44 am »
Lextek,
I finally got this to work the other day.   I removed any of the downloads from my downloads folder. I deleted my old flash player, then downloaded the new version.  I double clicked on the installer, then I cleared the downloads window (after the installer is opened).  Then I double clicked the installer and this time it worked!
Good luck.  Let me know if it works for you.

Steven Stone

« Reply #5 on: 19 Apr 2014, 03:10 pm »
You will find plenty of threads about this on the Apple support pages. Uninstall your current version and try the latest - they did a fix a couple of days back because the first version of 13 bricked video.

lextek

« Reply #6 on: 20 Apr 2014, 10:48 pm »
Thanks guys.  Uninstalling and reinstalling fixed it.