DC Gold on open baffle

vcreative

DC Gold on open baffle
« on: 28 Mar 2009, 07:01 pm »
Has anyone used DC Gold reference loudspeakers on an open baffle before?
Interested in purchasing some drivers, but they don't have T&S parameters for them which kind of concerns me.
Would like to know if anyone has experimented with them?
Just trying to get a better understanding of how loose the suspension is, since it is a spiderless design.
They seem to be based on modified Babb design, not sure how much science is involved in these new designs as
their spec list is very vague.
Any experience with these drivers would be much appreciated.

http://dcgold.com/reference-line-c-2.html

Thanks.

Arlo

Re: DC Gold on open baffle
« Reply #1 on: 28 Mar 2009, 09:25 pm »
'It is +/- 3 dB from 35 Hz to 19 kHz.'

Doubt it. :lol:
With prices exceeding $200 per driver I would demand detailed specs before buying. :nono: 

vcreative

« Reply #2 on: 29 Mar 2009, 12:20 am »
I actually asked the company for T/S parameters, but the only response I got was that they are working on it.
Not sure how one designs such advanced speakers without having at least a few rudimentary measurements available like fs and qts
especially if they are shipping retail (not prototype) items as this point.
I checked out a few other forums and it seems like they've been worked on those T/S parameters since '07.

Pretty wary of the "+/- 3 dB from 35 Hz to 19 kHz statement" too.

studiotech

« Reply #3 on: 29 Mar 2009, 01:02 am »
Hold tight for about a month and I should have some information for you.  I'm getting a pair soon and will be doing some testing and listening for an upcoming project.

Greg Begland

vcreative

« Reply #4 on: 29 Mar 2009, 03:44 am »
Great. Definitely interested in how they sound. Thanks.

longdrive55

« Reply #5 on: 26 May 2009, 08:01 am »
Hold tight for about a month and I should have some information for you.  I'm getting a pair soon and will be doing some testing and listening for an upcoming project.

Greg Begland

Any updates on your Testing and Listening to the DC Golds? Enquiring minds want to know. Thanks!

studiotech

« Reply #6 on: 26 May 2009, 01:59 pm »
No updates as of yet.  Took a little longer than expected to get the new measurment rig put together.  Just got that working last week, so I need to contact DC Gold and get some samples now.  Some time soon.......