DSOTM on Vinyl

mgalusha

DSOTM on Vinyl
« on: 23 Apr 2003, 10:47 pm »
The new 30th anniversay edition of Dark Side Of The Moon arrived yesterday and I have to say they did a great job on this LP.

The sound is very natural and clear. In comparison to the SACD there is greater depth and open-ness. Technically the SACD has tighter bass and the level of the details seems higher but the LP is considerably more enjoyable, at least in my system. I would really like to hear this on a top flight 'table but even with a modest TT, the sound is superb. The female vocals are especially nice.

The pressing is very quiet and mine is nice and flat. The only bummer is the top edge of the sleve is split on mine, like it was dropped. :( Fortunately there was no damage to the record. It also appears there are some folks who are not getting the correct posters. There are supposed to be three - one of the band members, one of the pyramids and one of prisims. Some folks are getting two pyramid posters and no prisims and others (myself included) received two of the band and no prisims. Not a big deal, perhaps it will make some more collectable than others.

In short, if you are a Pink Floyd fan and enjoy vinyl, this is one of the few audiophile LPs that's really worth your money.

Mike

bob82274

DSOTM on Vinyl
« Reply #1 on: 24 Apr 2003, 12:12 am »
Now why did you have to go and tell me bout this?  Ok I might as well get it over with... where can i find it online and bout how much was it....  

See here you are trying to get me to buy even more stuff when I don't have any money!

mgalusha

DSOTM on Vinyl
« Reply #2 on: 24 Apr 2003, 03:14 am »
I purchased mine from acousticsounds.com, it was $24.99 plus shipping. Red Trumpet lists it for the same price but is showing it as a special order. Acoustic Sounds shows it in stock. :D

http://store.acousticsounds.com/store.cfm?Title_ID=11084&do=detail

Say g'bye to your cash...  :lol:  :lol:

Mike

Tonto Yoder

DSOTM on Vinyl
« Reply #3 on: 24 Apr 2003, 12:07 pm »
I got my copy yesterday from Acoustic Sounds, but Red Trumpet was shipping it earlier. BTW, DSOTM was offered as a pre-order at $19.99 several months ago, but the price seems to have universally gone up to $24.99 (if not more).

KCI-JohnP

DSOTM on Vinyl
« Reply #4 on: 29 Apr 2003, 02:20 am »
This weekend a friend of mine gave me, yep, GAVE me a mint original LP of DSOTM!! Oh joy joy...........
I am still going to buy the new release also.  Glad you guys are enjoying it.

bob82274

DSOTM on Vinyl
« Reply #5 on: 29 Apr 2003, 03:19 pm »
You are one lucky SOB.  I have trouble finding just a battered old used copy of it.

KCI-JohnP

DSOTM on Vinyl
« Reply #6 on: 1 May 2003, 12:07 am »
Yeah, I did luck out on that one!  They also have quite a few Black Sabbath albums, would love to get my hands on those babies!! :mrgreen:

JoshK

DSOTM on Vinyl
« Reply #7 on: 1 May 2003, 12:23 am »
I have about 3 copies of DSOTM on vinyl, none are the original pressing (i.e. the UK harvest pressing) nor are they the newest but one is pretty damn good and far better than the CD version.

John Casler

DSOTM on Vinyl
« Reply #8 on: 1 May 2003, 03:40 am »
I just checked my collection and I have the MOBILE FIDELITY version.  If I get a chance I may compare it with my CD version from the Full Pink Floyd Collection.

I think I also have the Japanese Pressing from long ago.

Regards,

John
VMPS LA CA USA