Happy Holidays

jakelieb

Happy Holidays
« on: 26 Dec 2014, 02:00 am »
Happy Holidays to all the audio crazies in the Carolinas. :thumb:

Listening to some nice cds my loving spouse gave me.  A couple of Johnny Cash, a Blind Boys of Alabama, and Fairfield Four. Bought myself the Living Stereo box set for Christmas and after listening to 6 of the 60 disks I'm not disappointed. I'm not a big classical listener, but learning to appreciate a well recorded symphony.

No new equipment this year, but diy-ed some acoustic panels and bass traps. It's like I have a new stereo. Can't recommend this relatively cheap upgrade enough. Finished a couple of amp stands. Also building another shelf to store cds. 6' tall and 3' wide with 11 shelves and will hold about 1K cds.

Hope Santa was good to everyone and hope your are enjoying family and friends during this holiday season.

Jake

richidoo

Re: Happy Holidays
« Reply #1 on: 26 Dec 2014, 11:17 pm »
Thanks Jake! Merry Christmas and happy new year to you too.

I'm ripping a tall stack of CDs that Santa left. I tried out my new OmniMic acoustic measurement system, it seems to work pretty well... now I have to learn how to apply it to my DIy speaker projects and acoustic treatments. Also a got a couple audiophile jazz LPs.  :thumb:

Here's wishing all the AC members and Carolina Circle friends a Happy and Prosperous New Year!   :banana piano:
Rich

10ear

Re: Happy Holidays
« Reply #2 on: 27 Dec 2014, 12:39 am »
I also made some acoustic panels and they did make a difference. Acquired some Infinity Kappa 9's and they have added a whole new dimension to my system.

+2 on the Merry Christmas be it belated, and the Happiest of and Bestest Wishes for the New Year.

Ole 10ears