Very Nice Review

Pale Rider

kernelbob

Re: Very Nice Review
« Reply #1 on: 10 Nov 2015, 11:46 pm »
Yes, but the reviewer missed many of the key features of the Tortuga that set it apart.

Pale Rider

« Reply #2 on: 10 Nov 2015, 11:51 pm »
Yes, but the reviewer missed many of the key features of the Tortuga that set it apart.
Still a glass more than half full. What do you think was key that TAS missed?

kernelbob

« Reply #3 on: 11 Nov 2015, 12:00 am »
I expanded my comments on this related thread:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=138578.msg1475597#new

Having lived with the Tortuga LDR1B for a year now and soon to add the forthcoming battery powered LDRxB with the added absolute phase inversion option, I continue to be extremely impressed with the power, slam, neutrality, channel separation, sound staging, depth, frequency extension (both treble and bass) from the Tortuga.  Not only that, but at a fraction of the price one would expect from a preamp that delivers all of that.

Yes a nice review, but not one that does justice to this outstanding product.

Pale Rider

« Reply #4 on: 11 Nov 2015, 12:08 am »
I expanded my comments on this related thread:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=138578.msg1475597#new

Having lived with the Tortuga LDR1B for a year now and soon to add the forthcoming battery powered LDRxB with the added absolute phase inversion option, I continue to be extremely impressed with the power, slam, neutrality, channel separation, sound staging, depth, frequency extension (both treble and bass) from the Tortuga.  Not only that, but at a fraction of the price one would expect from a preamp that delivers all of that.

Yes a nice review, but not one that does justice to this outstanding product.
I read those, and yes, I would agree that not highlighting the impedance matching was a bit of a miss. Bear in mind that I have yet to hear my own Tortuga, but I thought the SQ compliments seemed reasonably fair if not as effusive as some others I have read. And while I thought the implicit value assessment was positive even if it did not explicitly call out the 5x+ gap.

kernelbob

« Reply #5 on: 11 Nov 2015, 12:12 am »
I look forward to your thoughts after you get to hear your Tortuga.  One suggestion, do go for the upgraded copper wiring option.  The benefit is well worth the slight cost.