Oppo DSD

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: Oppo DSD
« Reply #40 on: 14 Jan 2014, 11:05 pm »
This is might be great news, of course, but WHERE, specifically in the news release or website are you guys finding this exact upgrade spec...that the Oppo will now do multichannel DSD (and DSD128) from a pc or MAC?  I read the news as a new video upsampler, asynch DAC input (but multichannel words were missing) and DSD128 support. 

Edit: in fact, in the lowest part of the product page it does specify the USB asynch input, and it is specifically 2 channel.  This is not a multichannel computer audio solution, but indeed a new legitimate addition to the now-crowded computer audio 2 channel DSD list.
« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2014, 12:06 am by ted_b »

Bear

« Reply #41 on: 14 Jan 2014, 11:59 pm »
^^shucks

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
« Reply #42 on: 15 Jan 2014, 12:05 am »
Well I got this off of the AVS Forum, not exactly the perfect solution, BUT it will play multichannel DSD files via:

"However you can play multi-channel DSD 64 files from a hard drive attached to the regular USB ports, or via the network from an SMB server."

The Async USB (B) port is stereo only.

From Bob Pariseau -  Anthem dude.

Mark

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #43 on: 15 Jan 2014, 12:07 am »
Mark,
Wasn't that always the case?

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
« Reply #44 on: 15 Jan 2014, 12:29 am »
Yep for mutichannel, just wanted to clarify that it can be done, just not via Async USB.

I was trying to confirm no mutichannel via Async USB from the Beta guys over at AVS

Mark

holzohr

« Reply #45 on: 15 Jan 2014, 12:35 am »
The USB DAC from the "normal" Oppo 105 (still) doesn' t accept DSD/DoP. The USB DAC from the new Oppo 105D does (stereo only).
DSD Playback (stereo and multichannel) via network or attached USB drive is possible since last April/May.

good sound

« Reply #46 on: 2 Mar 2014, 02:52 am »
Hello;

I figured this would be the best thread to pose this question even though there has been no activity for more than thirty days.

I recently purchased an Oppo-BDP 105 and was excited about being able to playback DSD files from a USB flash drive.

I purchased downloaded and transferred an album of DFF files from Prostudiomasters, Holly Cole-Girl Talk to a 64GB Lexar USB flash drive and inserted it into the front USB port of my 105. It recognized the drive right away and allowed me to playback the files on the drive but the Oppo indicated that it was converting the DFF file to PCM. I read the post earlier in this thread abut turning the HDMI Audio to off in the set-up menu, which I did, but it still shows that the files are being converted to PCM.

Anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong. I would like the DFF files on the flash drive to be converted directly to analogue by the 105.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nevermind. As soon as I posted this, it struck me to see which HDMI output I was using for video and wouldn't you know it I was using HDMI 2. Duh!! I switched over to HDMI 1 and all is solved. Base of palm slams forehead, ouch!