more BRAND NEW high end AVA components

Tom Alverson

more BRAND NEW high end AVA components
« on: 1 Oct 2011, 12:34 am »
Check out the updated avahifi web page:

"New AVA Equipment at RMAF  -- Come see us at Rocky Mountain AudioFest October 14, 15, & 16.  We will be displaying not only our new 600R and 400R amplifiers but we have more BRAND NEW high end AVA components as well.  Come see us in a new much larger and better sounding room this year with Salk Sound displaying their Sound Scape 12 and Songtower RT.  Room 1107 in the tower."

RMAF Website: http://audiofest.net/2011/index.php

Some more details:  http://audiofest.net/2011/exhibitors_profile.php?gbID=638&Sid=c7ac18eea3de2d43bd208652242367ce

rlee8394

Re: more BRAND NEW high end AVA components
« Reply #1 on: 1 Oct 2011, 04:12 am »
So we gotta wait two weeks before the cat is out of the bag??? :(

Ron

Wayner

« Reply #2 on: 1 Oct 2011, 11:56 am »
The new stuff has been on the table for over a year. There will also be a new look. Not big changes. I like the phrase "evolution, not revolution.

No one has seen the fully completed new stuff, that will happen next week when all the parts are done.

Wayner  8)

avahifi

« Reply #3 on: 1 Oct 2011, 08:43 pm »
I was kind of wondering how long before some AC members would see the announcement at our web site or in the RMAF news.

Anyway, about the only thing that is not done yet is naming the new "high end"  hybrid preamp and hybrid DAC.

Any suggestions?  I have been thinking about Fet Valve Four, but am open for better suggestions.

They will be more expensive than the best we have done so far, how much more depends upon just how much more they cost us to make.  Lots of new and expensive bits and pieces.

Regards,

Frank Van Alstine

WGH

« Reply #4 on: 1 Oct 2011, 09:42 pm »
Sounds like the start of the AVA Signature series.  :thumb:

Wayne

strat95

« Reply #5 on: 1 Oct 2011, 10:34 pm »
Frank, is this a result of the found improvements on the 400R/600R amps due to new technologies applied and taking that same approach with the Fet Valve Hybrid Preamp and Hybrid Vision DAC?

Just curious.

Ted

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #6 on: 2 Oct 2011, 01:52 am »
Ok, so when can I send in my hybrid DAC and preamp to be upgraded to the new gear? :D

rlee8394

« Reply #7 on: 2 Oct 2011, 03:50 am »
Frank,

So do the new hybrid preamp and DAC replace the current AvaStar preamp and Vision Hybrid DAC, or are they additions to the AVA line-up? How do they differ from the current AVA High End products? When will we see more info on them on the website? Inquiring minds want to know!! :drool:

Thanks,
Ron

dB Cooper

« Reply #8 on: 2 Oct 2011, 01:21 pm »
I smell another naming contest coming up  :icon_twisted:

Big Red Machine

« Reply #9 on: 2 Oct 2011, 01:44 pm »
Sounds like the start of the AVA Signature series.  :thumb:

Wayne

I like that Wayne.  How about Pinnacle, Supreme, summit, peak, acme, apex, zenith as the word search on line gave as synonyms.

Brett Buck

« Reply #10 on: 2 Oct 2011, 01:55 pm »
zenith

I think that one has been taken...

Brett

avahifi

« Reply #11 on: 2 Oct 2011, 06:20 pm »
I was thinking of about something to go along with Vision and Insight -- kind of representing our overall thinking and pursuit of audio perfection.  "Spirit" came to mind but I think there are already some off-shore audio products with that name - - - or does that really matter?

I really really need a good name very promptly so I can finish writing up a preliminary data sheet for the units in time to get it printed for the RMAF show.

There are two designers involved, my long term friend and hobbyist designer, Dean Kayser, and the renowned audio innovator and designer, John Broskie.

The new preamp and DAC actually uses (with his permission) a version of Mr. Broskie's Aikido circuit with major enhancements done by Dean Kayser.  It is a combination of a Aikido circuit and our isolated regulated power supply advancements (separate active regulated power supplies for each tube and each power mos-fet).  In addition our patented Transcendence transimpedance amplifier circuit is used instead of the more common follower.

There is no overall feedback, so gain is a function of which tube is used. It will be possible to make significant sonic changes depending upon your choice of tubes.  6CG7 tubes are standard.

We actually have been blessed with almost too many really good hybrid tube designs for the preamp and the DAC.  The Avastar and Vision Hybrid are both really good but the new designs have a more relaxed presentation and make the music sound even more "right".  We can't see continuing both products and both designs are expensive to make so unless everyone just hates the new units at RMAF, the Vision Hybrid and Avastar will have to cease production. I don't see any point in continuing a close "second best" design.

There is more to this than just the sonics.  Cosmetics are involved too, and retrofits would be very not cost effective.

More later.  In the meantime, I really need a good name that is not already taken.

Thanks much for your help and attention.

Best regards,

Frank Van Alstine
« Last Edit: 3 Oct 2011, 02:14 pm by avahifi »

martyo

« Reply #12 on: 2 Oct 2011, 07:05 pm »
I was thinking of about something to go along with Vision and Insight -- kind of representing our overall thinking and pursuit of audio perfection.  "Spirit" came to mind but I think there are already some off-shore audio products with that name - - - or does that really matter?

the AVA Candor Hybrid. Vision, Insight and now Candor!

trackball02

« Reply #13 on: 2 Oct 2011, 07:10 pm »
AvaSpirit  for the preamp and
Vision Spirit DAC

DustyC

« Reply #14 on: 2 Oct 2011, 07:24 pm »
How about the ABK Series? :)

I really really need a good name very promptly so I can finish writing up a preliminary data sheet for the units in time to get it printed for the RMAF show.

There are two designers involved, my long term friend and hobbyist designer, Dean Kayser, and the renowned audio innovator and designer, John Broskie.

The new preamp and DAC actually uses (with his permission) a version of Mr. Broskie's Aikido circuit with major enhancements done by Dean Kayser.  It is a combination of a Aikido circuit and our isolated regulated power supply advancements (separate active regulated power supply for each plate of each tube and each mos-fet).  In addition our patented Transcendence transimpedance amplifier circuit is used instead of the more common follower.

There is no overall feedback, so gain is a function of which tube is used. It will be possible to make significant sonic changes depending upon your choice of tubes.  6CG7 tubes are standard.

We actually have been blessed with almost too many really good hybrid tube designs for the preamp and the DAC.  The Avastar and Vision Hybrid are both really good but the new designs have a more relaxed presentation and make the music sound even more "right".  We can't see continuing both products and both designs are expensive to make so unless everyone just hates the new units at RMAF, the Vision Hybrid and Avastar will have to cease production. I don't see any point in continuing a close "second best" design.

There is more to this than just the sonics.  Cosmetics are involved too, and retrofits would be very not cost effective.

More later.  In the meantime, I really need a good name that is not already taken.

Thanks much for your help and attention.

Best regards,

Frank Van Alstine

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #15 on: 2 Oct 2011, 07:33 pm »
Resolution

avahifi

« Reply #16 on: 2 Oct 2011, 08:24 pm »
Resolution could have been a nice choice, thank you, BUT - - -

Before suggesting a name, just go to google search and type in "suggested name audio".

Of course trying this "Resolution Audio" comes right up.

Note that if you actually enter "Suggested Name Audio" you don't get a match, except for those scam web stores telling you to "buy Suggested Name Audio here at a big discount.  :)

Thanks much for trying.

Frank Van Alstine

Mountain-ear

« Reply #17 on: 2 Oct 2011, 08:24 pm »
How about "Horizon"?  I think it speaks to the evolution of the product line -- from Insight to Vision to Horizon (as far as one's vision extends).  Another possibility is "Perspective" -- a new way to look at something which is what is sounds like you are doing.

Steve

pardales

« Reply #18 on: 2 Oct 2011, 08:38 pm »
Truth Series
Resolution Series
Pinnacle Series
Paramount Series
Horizon Series

Love that advancements keep being made by AVA. But, in the last few years new models seem to come out rather quickly. Vision DAC came out a couple months after I received my Insight DAC and now  a new hybrid DAC comes out again a mere 6 weeks after I receive the Vision Hybrid. High quality stuff for sure, BUT...:

Is AVA adopting the "new gear/model every year" business plan?
« Last Edit: 3 Oct 2011, 12:09 am by pardales »

J Fallows

• melomane
« Reply #19 on: 2 Oct 2011, 08:49 pm »
Iris