Future Bryston CD Player Still A Go?

Wellmanad

Re: Future Bryston CD Player Still A Go?
« Reply #140 on: 13 Sep 2016, 05:53 pm »
Hi James, I use the usb input on my bda2 linked to my iMac to stream the bbc iplayer in cd quality, will the cd3 be able to do this?

Kerin.

Siltech

« Reply #141 on: 14 Sep 2016, 01:52 pm »
Hi James.
I hope the BCD-3 is sooner than later. My dealer keeps saying soon. I recently sold my Krell Cipher, because I replaced a few components and lost Synergy. I replaced my Krell amp with new Pass Labs.8. I replaced my Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento with Wilson Sabrina speakers. I paid in full to my Bryston dealer, and been waiting for over a month. I hope I receive mine before Christmas. Further delays makes unhappy customers. Siltech

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #142 on: 14 Sep 2016, 07:28 pm »
Hi James.
I hope the BCD-3 is sooner than later. My dealer keeps saying soon. I recently sold my Krell Cipher, because I replaced a few components and lost Synergy. I replaced my Krell amp with new Pass Labs.8. I replaced my Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento with Wilson Sabrina speakers. I paid in full to my Bryston dealer, and been waiting for over a month. I hope I receive mine before Christmas. Further delays makes unhappy customers. Siltech

have no fear, james tanner (vp of bryston) will take care of you..i can safely speak for the rest of the bryston owners around here...james is a swell guy. :)

Siltech

« Reply #143 on: 17 Sep 2016, 07:55 am »
Not Worried, Just Disappointed. A lot of delays. I may buy something else, and sell BCD-3 on CAM, whenever I receive it.

vegasdave

« Reply #144 on: 17 Sep 2016, 05:11 pm »
Not Worried, Just Disappointed. A lot of delays. I may buy something else, and sell BCD-3 on CAM, whenever I receive it.

ok cool, whatever makes you happy...however, i would contact james to see if he can remedy the situation..

by the way siltech are awesome cables...proably the best, imo. i wish they were less expensive though!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #145 on: 17 Sep 2016, 05:44 pm »
Hi Folks,

Sorry about the delay but the part we use on the CD tray drawer came in defective :duh:

james

Marius

« Reply #146 on: 17 Sep 2016, 09:29 pm »
Hi Folks,

Sorry about the delay but the part we use on the CD tray drawer came in defective :duh:

james

HI James,

is this pic still the prototype? The drawer seems recessed, and of different color/material? Will the definitive player change that, maybe even with some etching or Bryson logo-ing, like the BCD-1?

Cheers,
Marius

Siltech

« Reply #147 on: 17 Sep 2016, 10:55 pm »
@vegasdave
Cool man. I agree Siltech cables are phenomenal. I use Siltech Royal Signature Prince speaker cable, Ruby Mountain II power cable, Ruby Hill II power cable, and Princess XLR-XLR interconnect. I also have a PS Audio P10 on a dedicated line via a PS audio AC12 power cable.. I love super clean power, and very good cables feeding my components.   Siltech

vegasdave

« Reply #148 on: 17 Sep 2016, 11:29 pm »
@vegasdave
Cool man. I agree Siltech cables are phenomenal. I use Siltech Royal Signature Prince speaker cable, Ruby Mountain II power cable, Ruby Hill II power cable, and Princess XLR-XLR interconnect. I also have a PS Audio P10 on a dedicated line via a PS audio AC12 power cable.. I love super clean power, and very good cables feeding my components.   Siltech

wow, those are dream cables to me, lol. you must be quite well to do... i'm lucky if i can afford the bottom of the line stuff, used that is, lol.

Siltech

« Reply #149 on: 18 Sep 2016, 12:05 am »
Mr Vegas, I'm sure you have a great setup. Siltech

vegasdave

« Reply #150 on: 18 Sep 2016, 12:12 am »
Mr Vegas, I'm sure you have a great setup. Siltech
yeah, itain't bad...

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/3763

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #151 on: 18 Sep 2016, 12:47 am »

HI James,

is this pic still the prototype? The drawer seems recessed, and of different color/material? Will the definitive player change that, maybe even with some etching or Bryson logo-ing, like the BCD-1?

Cheers,
Marius

Hi Marius

Yes its the prototype and the  cover for the drawer is missing

james

Marius

« Reply #152 on: 20 Sep 2016, 08:46 am »
Hi Marius

Yes its the prototype and the  cover for the drawer is missing

james
just realized that might have been the defective part you where referring to... sorry for my question in that case, should have read more carefully...

Cheerio,
Marius

Rod_S

« Reply #153 on: 22 Sep 2016, 11:46 am »
... I use Siltech Royal Signature Prince speaker cable, Ruby Mountain II power cable, Ruby Hill II power cable, and Princess XLR-XLR interconnect. I also have a PS Audio P10 on a dedicated line via a PS audio AC12 power cable.. I love super clean power, and very good cables feeding my components.   Siltech

Very nice loom of cables. I'm slowly moving there myself except for the Ruby Mountain II's as they are to expensive for the lengths I need so I'll be sticking with the Hill's for everything. I have two Hill II's so far plus a Golden Ridge II. I'm looking at getting 2 or 3 more Hill's before getting a ...gulp...4 meter pair of Princess cables. Then eventually I'll get a pair of Prince speaker cables.

Samurai7595

« Reply #154 on: 3 Oct 2016, 12:12 pm »
Hi Folks,

james

James, would you have an updated ETA for Canadian dealers?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #155 on: 3 Oct 2016, 05:12 pm »
James, would you have an updated ETA for Canadian dealers?

Yes we have started getting all the parts in and we should be building the players shortly.

james

vegasdave

« Reply #156 on: 3 Oct 2016, 08:05 pm »
so james. again, does the new player upsample?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #157 on: 3 Oct 2016, 09:47 pm »
so james. again, does the new player upsample?

Hi

No upsampling is not available. We did not want it part of the design.

James

vegasdave

« Reply #158 on: 3 Oct 2016, 10:29 pm »
ok james pardon my ignorance but wouldn't it be advantageous to upsample to a higher bitrate and sampling rate? my understanding is that upsampling to say, dsd is a great way to go...i know you guys don't copy other companies and you do things your way. which i highly respect. your approach to manufacturing is quite sovereign and is without a doubt for the discriminating listener. so my intent is not to scrutinize you, but to try to understand what you are accomplishing with this player. i look forward to your response...

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #159 on: 4 Oct 2016, 12:26 am »
ok james pardon my ignorance but wouldn't it be advantageous to upsample to a higher bitrate and sampling rate? my understanding is that upsampling to say, dsd is a great way to go...i know you guys don't copy other companies and you do things your way. which i highly respect. your approach to manufacturing is quite sovereign and is without a doubt for the discriminating listener. so my intent is not to scrutinize you, but to try to understand what you are accomplishing with this player. i look forward to your response...

HI

The BCD3 was designed to give the best possible performance from a 44.1/16 bit signal (CD's). So the clocking etc. is design to do just that and that alone.  Allowing up-sampling changes that equation so not something we wanted to do.

james