Clearaudio MM -- AT-95E and beyond

neobop

• BIRD LIVES
Re: Clearaudio MM -- AT-95E and beyond
« Reply #1540 on: 24 Dec 2016, 06:57 pm »
Hi Smctigue,
Vintage Cornwalls or a reissue?  Interesting situation.  Curious how you load the M20. 
The 7LCa is a sought after cart. You shouldn't have any trouble moving it. 

Let me ask you something else, did you check the astrological alignment of the moon on the day you installed the LCa ? 
This could be important.  The gravitational pull of the moon might affect the cantilever and cause a malignant overhangover.   :duh:

Nice to hear from you again.
Regards,
neo

smctigue

« Reply #1541 on: 24 Dec 2016, 10:14 pm »
Neo, Cornwall I, '82 I think. I've been hearing Klipsch will send you running from the room for the past 30 years but that hasn't been my experience, I really like them. I load the M20E with 320pF (total) @ 47k. The E sounds like a refined Fl and as good as the highs are on the FL I think the E's are better.

neobop

• BIRD LIVES
« Reply #1542 on: 25 Dec 2016, 03:41 am »
S,
Some of the old Klipsch are really great - misunderstood me thinks.  Put 2 watt to some corner horn _   and the hall does light so bright ti tight.

I used to load the FL @ 52K, around the same pF.  The highs were great.  Regret selling that one.  What pre are you running? 
neo

smctigue

« Reply #1543 on: 25 Dec 2016, 10:16 am »
Neo, I've been thinking of increasing the resistance a bit as well. I need to order some resistors. My phono is a Joule Electra OPS 2. Changing the loading requires that I make up a RCA loading plug. It's a bit of a pain but it does allow for any combination I may be inclined to try.

neobop

• BIRD LIVES
« Reply #1544 on: 25 Dec 2016, 05:22 pm »
Hi Neo,

Acoustical Systems is signed in under the name of Axinia Schäfer
in Rott. This is a small town in Bavaria, Germany, south-west of
München (Munich).
She's a diploma economist and, I think, in cooperation with
Dietrich Brakemeier and maybe other partners.

This is the website: http://www.arche-headshell.de/

I know you are perfect in German - so here's the first review of
the Palladian:

http://www.hifistatement.net/tests/item/1834-acoustical-systems-the-palladian?limitstart=0

Mit den besten Grüßen - Toni

Hi Toni,
I'm sure you know by now, but not everyone may have followed the Agon thread on Palladian and Acoustical Systems.  There was a thread ('12) on What's Best Forum about problems with getting ripped off or swindled by AS, and similar persistent rumors.  I checked the apparent source (from 2 separate parties) and there's nothing to it.  Most of it looks like a smear campaign.
neo

Grbluen

« Reply #1545 on: 26 Dec 2016, 12:33 pm »
Over the weekend I found what appears to be a NOS Signet TK7LCa. Installed it on my Townshend yesterday, it sounds very much like my AT20SS - a bit sweeter. It may evolve with more hours on the stylus but I'll probably let it go as I have a bunch of exra stylii for the AT20SS. I've been enjoying a M20E Super for the last few months - a very organic cartridge, excellent synergy with my Pilot 232 and Cornwalls.

If anybody is interested in inspecting the Signet let me know.
I'm interested in your cartridge.
Don

neobop

• BIRD LIVES
« Reply #1547 on: 25 Jan 2017, 02:14 am »
Back from outer space.  I see the left coast is still there.  I was worried for a minute, thought it fell back into the sea.  That's a relief. 

Seems like el ninno dumped some dew on the coast.  Not a minute too soon, or so they say.  Think I'll hang here for awhile, until I get ..... well, it doesn't

matter.  Boris has a new phono - Vista Super fly Phono II  Little bigger for punch. 

I wonder if the new AT MMs are coming to a dealer near you?  Get your bad self over here man.  We need some AT mix/match. 

Getting bored  Think I'll get mfg together again.  Made in USA.  In the mean time, get the new Vista or you'll wish you had.  That's my opinion and I'm

sticking with it.

neo

« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2017, 05:52 am by neobop »

neobop

• BIRD LIVES
« Reply #1548 on: 26 Jan 2017, 06:08 am »
One thing I forgot to mention.  The Palladian is probably a great cart.  I have little doubt about that.

The UNI DIN alignment is not unique.  I don't care about the supposedly intellectual property claim.  Here's the deal:

The AS alignment devices are probably the best in the world, it's just that the rationale is nonsense.   

I'd get one anyway.  It's performance that counts.

neo

neobop

• BIRD LIVES
« Reply #1549 on: 1 Feb 2017, 07:12 pm »
I think they're right about making some extra money after retirement.   Did a little job today.  Made $40.   Every little bit helps out along with some help from your friends. 
Not sure how much to charge for my services. 

I want my own F-14, but too many passengers.  How many native Americans will fit inside an aircraft carrier? 

And you thought we were extinct.

neobop

• BIRD LIVES
« Reply #1550 on: 1 Feb 2017, 07:33 pm »
Almost forgot.  Message from Gen Patton - something about driving a tank over the Alps.

I like to pretend I'm in the army.  Tanks are cool.  Do they have stealth tanks?   

Grbluen

« Reply #1551 on: 1 Feb 2017, 07:39 pm »
Are you OK Neo?

neobop

• BIRD LIVES
« Reply #1552 on: 1 Feb 2017, 09:41 pm »
Those unfamiliar with General George Patton -----
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_S._Patton

He thought he was the reincarnation of Hannibal, was itchin to kill some Nazis. 
To make a long story short, he was reported to have been murdered by the russkies. 

Some say there was a deal made, but I really don't know.  Bet he could have kicked Rommel's ass.
neo the Nazi killer?  Whenever you spot a Nazi, give em the finger.

bacobits1

« Reply #1553 on: 1 Feb 2017, 09:51 pm »
Ummmm, no comment. :o

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #1554 on: 1 Feb 2017, 09:54 pm »
Earth to Neo. 
Guy, your post have gotten a bit on the bizarre side, even for you.  Grbluen's question wasn't rhetorical. 
Are there any issues that you should share with us?

And what can you tell me about the Denon 207 cart?  Any experience with it?

Scott

neobop

• BIRD LIVES
« Reply #1555 on: 1 Feb 2017, 10:22 pm »
Earth to Neo. 
Guy, your post have gotten a bit on the bizarre side, even for you.  Grbluen's question wasn't rhetorical. 
Are there any issues that you should share with us?

And what can you tell me about the Denon 207 cart?  Any experience with it?

Scott

Do your homework.  Pop Quiz.
neo

S Clark

« Reply #1556 on: 2 Feb 2017, 02:15 am »
Do your homework.  Pop Quiz.
neo
I've got lots of numbers, but not much actual listening experience.  It seems to like low mass tonearms, and may have not been a good fit where I first mounted it.  Hayden labs says a bit light on bass, but quite detailed mids and upper ranges.  Factory graphs show a rising dB level above 5Khz.  Output .34 mV at one lab yet vinylengine says .2, mass 4.7g, cantilever is a boron pipe,  compliance is 13x10-6,  Load >100 Ohms, output impedance 40 ohms. 

S Clark

« Reply #1557 on: 9 Oct 2018, 01:45 pm »
This thread has been inactive for a long time, but has so much good information in it.  I've got a Victor TT-81 coming in a few days and miss the input of so many of these knowledgeable audiophiles.  I"ll be looking for a tonearm that won't break the bank to go with it.  Anyone have an extra collecting dust?   

SoundsCrazy

« Reply #1558 on: 22 Jan 2019, 05:06 am »
Is there anyone here such as Neo who does needle replacement on contract? I have a ClearAudio Virtuoso Ebony with a bent needle.
I need to get it ‘fixed’

S Clark

« Reply #1559 on: 22 Jan 2019, 05:50 am »
Neo has been gone from here for over a year, sorry to say.   As far as replacement of a bent cantilever, try Soundsmith.